We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
which genus of magic mushroom is the safest? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 12/12/2022 6:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i may take magic mushroom again(first time didn't work) to see what it feels like.
i want to have a brief trip with low intensity to stay safe cause i had serious mental problems which is solved now but i don't want it to return.but i am curious to see how is the space of magic mushrooms and maybe it helps me to have a better conclusion for my life.
do you know which genus has the lowest duration and safest profile?
do you think using antipsychotic medication is a good idea to prevent mental problems and bad trips of psychedelics?magic mushrooms for example?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fridge
#2 Posted : 12/13/2022 9:56:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the good news is that they are all safe (physically). Maybe stay away from wood lovers as there's a chance of getting temporary wood lover paralysis.

All different species share the main active compound psilocybin. That being said they are all relatively similar in character. Some are stronger and some are weaker when it comes to potency. There can also be great differences in terms of potency within one species.

I think key would be to start low and see how they effect you. Maybe start with 1 gram Cubensis and work your way up?
Mushrooms tend to confront you with your personal issues and they are excellent tools to work on these issues if used correctly. Please be aware that it can be a challenging ride.

You can have a little influence on the length of the trip. If you make a tea for example it tends to be a shorter experience. High doses tend to last longer than low doses.

This is just anecdotal. Mushrooms effect anyone a little different like all psychedelics do.

Oh, just in case you are on any SSRIs be aware that these tend to dim or cancel out the effects of psilocybin.

And last but not least, if you can get your hands on psilocybe Natalensis I suggest to give them a try. For some reason I always have a generally smooth experience with these, compared to Cubensis.
Do you plan on growing your own?

I hope you'll find what you are looking for Smile.
...no need to worry...

boogerz
#3 Posted : 12/13/2022 10:07:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard good things about Natalensis also.

goodone22
#4 Posted : 12/13/2022 6:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you think using antipsychotic medication is a good idea to prevent mental problems and bad trips of psychedelics?magic mushrooms for example?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/13/2022 9:39:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Antipsychotic medication will stop mushrooms from working entirely. I would suggest that this completely defeats the point of using psychedelics. In fact, if you are that worried about being unable to deal with the mental effects of psychedelics maybe they simply aren't for you?

The best way to maximise your chances of a positive experience is through meticulous preparation - set, setting, substance, dose - with the added trick of avoiding overthinking it. Methods are well established throughout the psychedelic literature. So if you trust yourself and are willing to take the plunge the information is out there for the finding.

In the overall scheme of things, mushrooms - wisely used - are incredibly safe.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

goodone22
#6 Posted : 12/14/2022 1:46:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what if i use magic mushroom then after one hour i take antipsychotic medication.
that way the trip will be reduced to 2 hours,
i am worried if antipsychotic medication makes the trip worse and make it into a bad trip,i've heard someone saying about it i don't remember exactly.are you sure it will turn the trip off?

Woolmer
#7 Posted : 12/15/2022 6:28:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

goodone22 wrote:
i have some mental problems right now...thats not a good choice unless mushrooms had prooven to cure pschosis not worsening it...

goodone22 wrote:
on the other hand hallucinogens such as 6-apb which i used only one time made permanent damage to me.you may not call it a hallucinogen but from what i experienced and from what wikipedia said it may make psychosis to some people.

I infer from these posts that you are going through psychosis?

Please stay away from any psychedelics. There is no way that they will help cure your psychosis. They WILL only make it worse.