We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first 'proper' pull. Options

fink
#1 Posted : 12/6/2022 8:07:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations, let us know how the first trip is.

My immediate feeling is that you attempted a huge bulk amount of mhrb here. Dont worry, we have all been there. I would expect you should get at the very least another 7g of pure white DMT from that quantity of mhrb.

If you dont then perhaps it's a good lesson for downsizing the operation for efficiency's sake. For example, a standard extraction using cyb's max ion tek I would expect 100g mhrb to yield minimum 1.5g of white spice.

I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

murklan
#2 Posted : 12/6/2022 10:11:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi! That is some nice looking spice!

I've been extracting from MHRB for about 2,5 years now I believe, and I'm still learning and keep on experimenting. Last time (under process) I skipped the acid-step completely but otherwise following cyb's max ion tek. I don't feel the feed to rush things and can let the based soup (with shredded bark pulverized in a coffee mixer) sit for days and weeks until all pulls are being done.
I think I get all DMT this way even without the acid step. First two pulls from 50g bark combined in the freezer yielded 0.49g.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/6/2022 11:17:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice looking first batch - I'll echo fink though, and say you'd have done yourself a favour by working through that amount of bark in something like 5 separate batches.

You could probably have got a bigger yield by using more heptane for each pull, and a bit warmer too - around 50°C would improve its solvent power somewhat. Furthermore, looking at your figures, it seems you used 72.5 grams of acetic acid in total when reckoned as 5% w/v, which is 29/24 moles or thereabouts. 40*29/24 = 290/6 = ~48.3 grams of lye would be needed to neutralise this amount of acetic acid alone, not counting any of the bark material including tannins and whatever provides the counter-ion for the DMT.

This is a long-winded way of saying you probably could have done with using a little more lye, although it looks as though enough acid evaporated during the cooks and reduction that it sufficed to give you some kind of a yield so far, clearly.

And I hope you've kept the bark because there's a high chance that there's more goodies to be recovered from it as well.

Looking forward to hearing the report of your first trials with the spice!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/9/2022 9:32:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ah, what a shame you ditched the bark! It really needs to go in my sig - the golden rule of extracting is don't throw anything away until you're sure you've got the goods.

I would be very cautious about using cyclamen flowers:-

"Cyclamen is a highly poisonous plant that should not be used internally."
https://www.herbal-suppl...men-herbal-medicine.html

Triterpene saponins seem to be responsible for the toxicity, some of which might survive the pyrolysis during smoking.
The toxicity is mainly ascribed to the tubers though, and the information at webMD suggests that it is possibly safe to use intranasally: https://www.webmd.com/vi...redientmono-420/cyclamen - and the dose of saponins from smoking a few flowers is likely to be tiny. On the other hand, what if the efficacy of the inhaled materials was 100 times that of ingested material? And what if the surfactant action of the saponins caused disruption of the lung surfaces?

If there is a specific reason that you feel drawn to using cyclamen I would suggest that you study the plant as diligently as possible and proceed with caution if at all. You would need to pay special attention to ascertaining what the constituents of the flowers might be, and indeed whether this is even known.

A look at traditional uses suggests cyclamen might synergise with psychedelics:
"In the sixteenth century, women in their early stages of pregnancy avoided cyclamens in fear of a miscarriage because they were considered to strongly induce childbirth.

Cyclamens were used as love-charms, aphrodisiacs, and intoxicant and a small amount would be put in cakes or a cup of wine." [from Wikipedia]

You got a lovely spot for communing with the plants there (and a handsome pair of loudspeakers too)! My first ever DMT experience was in the woods and basically it awakened me to plant language quite directly.

Congrats on promotion to full membership, too - here's sending you and your plants some healing vibes Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/9/2022 9:56:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a fun exercise for you: tell me what you think of this paper on cyclamen phytochemistry...
Cyclamen persicum: Methanolic Extract Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) Technique
[ International Journal of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance 2017; 8(4); 200-213 ]

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 12/10/2022 12:45:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Good stuff and congratulations on full membership Smile

My reactions to your starting amount of bark: Twisted Evil Shocked Crying or very sad Surprised Love All at the same time.

And my plants captivate me as well while I'm in the space. If I open my eyes, intuitively, they almost always open towards my plants. Especially the pothos that I allow to go all willy-nilly. Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#7 Posted : 12/10/2022 10:50:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also noticed the speakers with appreciation.

It always seems to me that plants come alive and laugh kindly at me, sometimes they reach out trying to touch me, when I'm tripping on DMT.

What was the total yield in the end from the 800g?
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

murklan
#8 Posted : 12/10/2022 8:52:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too noticed the speaker Smile I have B&M too, but much more modern and more anonymous.

And nice plants too!

Yes it's fascinating how much is yet not (scientifically) tested.

I'm thinking about the rest of the soup. In what temperature do you store it? I don't know what pH it is and how long it would take for it to get bad (molds?). Or if it could keep for a long time really well. I don't know.

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 12/10/2022 8:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
In what temperature do you store it? I don't know what pH it is and how long it would take for it to get bad (molds?). Or if it could keep for a long time really well. I don't know.

With the lid on, you can keep it for months. The biggest issue I've run into when keeping a soup around is emulsions, which is easy enough to remedy.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

murklan
#10 Posted : 12/10/2022 10:01:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

With the lid on, you can keep it for months. The biggest issue I've run into when keeping a soup around is emulsions, which is easy enough to remedy.

But isn't that for based soup? I thought this was still a acid brew?

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 12/10/2022 10:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

But isn't that for based soup? I thought this was still a acid brew?

Whoops! You're certainly correct. I kept thinking they brought it up to base and then split it, but they did it at the acidification phase after filtering. So ignore me Very happy

One love