We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
treating spidermite contaminated cacti Options

PlantPipeline
#1 Posted : 11/30/2022 11:44:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi cacti peopleSmile
This is my first post in this section.

I recently discovered that a lot of my cacti, especially seedlings, have spider mites. I got aware of them after noticing, how unusually many seedlings die and have white spots.

With plants I use tobacco tea from raw leaves, sprayed on the leaves over the course of two weeks - That works fine.
But I don`t know about cacti - Does anyone here have experience and successful methods to get them off my cacti?

That would be of great help
Thank youSmile

EDIT: I just saw the thripse thread..I could have asked there..

PlanPipeline

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/2/2022 1:55:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Glad you found the thrips thread Smile
I used neem oil to successfully kill spidermite on a mature pedro. I would recommend using an emulsion on seedlings as the alcohol solution that I had hastily prepared resulted in some burns on the surface of the plant where drips could accumulate.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli