We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The solvent was always yellow and this time it is dark Options

psilocyman
#1 Posted : 11/30/2022 8:06:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, how are? I hope everyone is at their best. I am one of those who ask little, since I really like to try it alone first, read and try to solve it on my own, but this time I need your help. Normally I have always made teks direct to base. stb. Always the phases have been separated as it should be without problem. This time I find the separation of the phases somewhat strange since my solvent (naptha) instead of turning yellow, became very dark... It does not look yellow as always, although the phases are separated the solvent is very dark, I would say that it is a mixture between coffee and dark yellow...... Does anyone know what is due? My tek is something strange but I will explain it quickly: 100 G MHRB 110 G NaOH 50 G Unrefined salt 850 ML distilled water 45-50 ml Naptha I always make my teks hot. Heating the soup first to a water bath and then introducing the solvent and starting to turn the bottle.

I would like to add something else. Mix the solvent for a long time. At first it was yellowish but I divided it more than 4 times and this last time it came out dark and not yellow

If someone who has already passed this can help me and explain why this happened to me since I would like to understand it. thank you guys very much

When you get home send a photo.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/30/2022 8:27:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Same naphtha as ever, same bark? All other aspects of the extraction the same? It seems Maybe you mixed the solvent longer than usual though, this is probably the cause.

It should still be fine to stick the pulls in the freezer and see what comes out.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

psilocyman
#3 Posted : 11/30/2022 8:46:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Same ingredients. I'm coming, but I don't see how to upload the photo I'll put myself in that.

psilocyman
#4 Posted : 11/30/2022 8:53:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

e

psilocyman
#5 Posted : 11/30/2022 9:33:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

guys who would be the best? remove what I have there, freeze and then clean? or do I need more naptha? Do I need more naoh? I never thought I had anything controlling for carrying about 20 extractions, but I only think that color by the excess of times I mix it and the solvent became saturated? hahahaha thanks friends.

psilocyman
#6 Posted : 11/30/2022 10:07:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The truth is that I could not wait for curiosity and anxiety to answer me. Already take out that liquid, you could see the solvent on the yellow sides... but its color is brown... I already put it to freeze and we will see what comes out As soon as I took out the first solvent, I immediately wanted to try and see what color the naptha got again white.... Mix a little and shine with the flashlight of my cell phone and you know what? It is red!!!!!! Do I feel like I've discovered or extracted something else? What do you think about what I say? Now later I will show you what happened, gratitude to all of you.

Sunnyside
#7 Posted : 12/1/2022 12:20:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One time I had a somewhat dark naphtha coloration.
But not black in any way, it had a reddish tinge to it.
I attributed it to how I grinded my root bark (mimosa hostilis).
For whatever reason, I tried grinding it wet - in a grinder with water.

But I proceeded with the reddish-tinged naphtha, did my freeze pre-cip, and I surely did get reddish crystals.
Not white.
Not yellowish.
Reddish.

And that product was no different than from any other extraction, other than the color.

For what that's worth.

Sounds like you'll be fine.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

some one
#8 Posted : 12/5/2022 1:36:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Solution: freeze precipitate as normal and perform a clean up on the yield

Quote:
Dark solvent
Sometimes the NPS layer becomes very dark brown. It seems to happen mostly with STB extractions, powdered bark and heated pulls. The exact reason is unknown. Wait a few hours and see if the color settles and the solvent layer gets clearer. If that doesn't help separate the pulls as you would normally and do a sodium carbonate wash. Then freeze precipitate and perform a clean up on the yield such as a re-x or mini a/b.

Source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=412352#post412352
(Also see this post for yield clean-up options)
some = one | here = some | there = one

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 12/6/2022 4:36:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

While observing acorn tannins precipitated with lime, it becomes apparent to me that under basic conditions tannins will slowly hydrolyse into soluble products which have a strong coloration. It seems likely that something similar is happening with prolonged, hot STB pulls.

How did the freeze precipitated product turn out?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli