We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold Water Extraction Options

rOm
#1 Posted : 2/17/2010 11:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could someone develop exactly this applied to morning glory seeds ?

I got some as free gift and am willing to try them, removing some toxins beforehand.
I grinded them and add a quarter pint of water, then let them in the fridge.

-How long should I let them in the water ?
-I need to filter the liquid (discarding the seeds), a coffee filter isn't a good idea maybe, cotton ball is best ?
Thanks for answering.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

panoramix
#2 Posted : 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Could someone develop exactly this applied to morning glory seeds ?

I got some as free gift and am willing to try them, removing some toxins beforehand.
I grinded them and add a quarter pint of water, then let them in the fridge.

-How long should I let them in the water ?
-I need to filter the liquid (discarding the seeds), a coffee filter isn't a good idea maybe, cotton ball is best ?
Thanks for answering.

you can use this extraction for morningglory to.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/PanoraMIX_HBWR_Extract
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

rOm
#3 Posted : 2/17/2010 1:06:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx Panom, i've seen your tek but
I don't have naphta, actually I still have to find my supplier in this country (france), any idea ?
This time I'll stick to the water extraction and see, if I don't get sick as hell.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

panoramix
#4 Posted : 2/21/2010 11:34:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Thx Panom, i've seen your tek but
I don't have naphta, actually I still have to find my supplier in this country (france), any idea ?
This time I'll stick to the water extraction and see, if I don't get sick as hell.

mayby some sort of zippo lighter fluit.
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 3/8/2010 3:46:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Doing a cold-water extraction of the seeds is really simple. Just grind the seeds to a powder, pour cold water over them, wait about an hour, then filter. I'm sure that only steeping for an hour leaves some actives behind, but it also leaves behind a lot of the chemicals that have more negative side-effects. This is basically the method used by the indigenous people of Mexico (the Mixe, Zapotecs, Mazatecs, and Chinantecs, as well as the Mayan people of Guatamala), and they've been doing this for hundreds of years so they probably know a thing or two about what they're doing.

Yeah, you can try to clean things up with a nonpolar solvent, but the end result really doesn't seem to be any better qualitatively than a simple cold water extraction.

Brian Kerr
#6 Posted : 3/30/2010 3:23:41 AM

Brian Kerr

I have some Rivea Corymbosa seeds. Not having much luck with them. I worked up to 34 grains (approx. 85 seeds) Just doing a cold water extraction overnight. useless results so far.

My question is if I do a cold water extraction with mint tea could that make some LSH ? (assuming that mint tea is the same as peppermint.)
Or would mint tea not be strong enough to affect the LSA much ?
End All Wars !

PsilocybeChild
#7 Posted : 3/30/2010 3:39:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes mint and peppermint both contain acetylenes. but you need a good amount of extracted LSA first, in order to convert it to LSH. And you don't really need to extract from Rivea Corymbosa. They don't have much toxins compared to the others and shouldn't really make you feel any sickish feelings. Most people who order seeds would agree, that doseage is weak. It's probably because most people don't get really fresh seeds.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

DimethylSpice
#8 Posted : 3/31/2010 3:14:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally go with the whole defatting process using the naphtha, then i extract them using everclear and make a tincture with peppermint oil/extract.

Ive tried a simple CWE and still had quite a bit of nausea. the full defat and alcohol extraction works best IME.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

69ron
#9 Posted : 3/31/2010 3:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can wash the ground seeds with d-limonene for a healthier extraction process. It takes longer to evaporate, but even if it doesn’t all evaporate, its non-toxic so there’s no worry.

Then you can do a cold water extraction and you’ll get a far cleaner extract.

There are volatile oils present in these seeds that upset the stomach. These are removed by the d-limonene wash. The alkaloids you want are all soluble in cold water. Alcohol actually pulls more crap form the seeds than water does but some people prefer the alcohol extract; it pulls a different set of actives than water does. Others prefer water only.

Once you extract with water, then pour it though a cotton ball and DO NOT PRESS the cotton ball. This will remove more crap that you don’t want. Some toxins will stick to the cotton ball and wont pass through unless you press the cotton ball. Pour a little clean water through it to get the rest of the alkaloids out, but don’t press the cotton.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Brian Kerr
#10 Posted : 4/1/2010 11:58:27 PM

Brian Kerr

ya they are probably old seeds. I should grow them. Maybe then get fresh seeds. I hear 100 seeds is considered enough for a dose.

End All Wars !