We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I think I just had my first breakthrough Options

AFOAF
#1 Posted : 11/18/2022 6:37:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Nervous, Excited
(physical condition) Set: Back pain
Setting (location): Living room, on zero-gravity bean bag chair.
time of day: Night
recent drug use: Cannabis
last meal: Hamburger, few hours earlier

PARTICIPANT
body weight: (in kg pls)
known sensitivities: None that I'm aware of
history of use: Colored drug history. Entheogen wise, extensive history with psilocybin mushrooms, fair history with salvia.

BIOASSAY
Substance(s): cannabis, DMT
Dose(s): few bong rips of cannabis flower hours earlier, 20mg DMT
Method of administration: vape with GVG

Intensity (overall): 3

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 3
Unplesantness: 1
Visual Intensity: 4

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 1, slight nausea
Afterglow: lingering open eye visuals, back pain virtually gone, extremely relaxed

I believe I had my first breakthrough tonight.

I've been experimenting in the 15-20 mg range over the past 2 weeks or so.

My first attempts were relatively mild as I found that the GVG had a bit of a learning curve.

Once I was able to get my technique down a bit more, I found the ~15-20 mg range to produce extremely intense experiences marked primarily with impossible visuals and impossible body sensations.

Not really sure what was different about tonight. Only variable I changed was I recently ordered Mindfold mask which provides total darkness with your eyes open. Outside of that, I did my usual of using the GVG while on my zero-gravity chair while using noise canceling headphones (listening to Sphongle tonight).

I set my intention on going deeper this time and physical healing (I've noticed setting my intention on healing my back pain has done wonders in the past, although setting my intention on going deeper was new)

Started to inhale very slowly, once my lungs were full, I let some vapor out, took another hit, once my lungs filled up for the second times I noticed that my hands and GVG began to vibrate. I could tell that I needed to clear this hit ASAP as I was already starting to launch off. I don't recall previously having such intense visuals so quickly.

I put down my GVG and put the mask on over my eyes.

Normally, this is when I would begin to feel an extremely odd yet strangely euphoric sensation overwhelm my body while I experience kaleidoscoping geomatric patterns of amazing colors. My past experiences are had to describe, but I've for the most part always feel to some degree grounded. They've been extremely relaxing and sedating. I've even felt like I could fall asleep during the trip as I felt that sedated, relaxed, and euphoric.

This time felt completely different. I felt like I was shot out of a cannon and smashed through the geometric-ish phenomena I was previously experiencing into a whole new domain. I immediately made the decision to completely surrender to the experience, which is typically my approach when dealing with high dose trips.

I had zero way to ground myself and completely lost touch with consensus reality. I believe the noise cancelling headphones, zero-gravity bean bag and Mindfold mask helped here.

I'm still attempting to (with much, much difficulty) integrate and make sense of the experience. Best way I can describe it as follows:

Very circus like/carnival like. Interactions with entities felt playful and silly. Almost an absurd and ridiculous quality to everything. Alien...alien alien alien. Completely alien experience. I felt like a show was being put on for me. Entities seemed excited to show me impossible things? Almost a childlike quality to it? Like when a child wants to show you his new toy.

At one point, I remember coming to the conclusion that this has always been my state of existing. I forgot that I consumed DMT, forgot that I was at home...forgot I was ever human...or that I ever came into existence? I've had a very similar experience before on salvia and psilocybin mushrooms. Overall though the experience was definitely exceptionally unique. I've done 12g dry shrooms before and at no point did the experience come close to feeling this alien.

I eventually became aware of sensation at the tip of my fingers resting on my lap, and then I became aware of the fact that I had Sphongle playing, and with this grounding I became self-aware enough to take off my Mindfold mask. I expected mild open eye visuals as I felt like I had for the most part returned. Needless to say I was extremely surprised when I removed the mask to find very intense open eye visuals. Everything was vibrating and pulsing and geometric patterns dominated my vision. This persisted for a few more minutes, then I began to experience my typical afterglow effects.

Afterglow wise, several hours later and my back pain is still gone. Slight nausea, which is a first for me. Only lasted 15 or mins after reaching baseline.

Curious what led to my breakthrough tonight, but I think there are too many variables to really try figure it out. I'm very grateful for the experience, although struggling a bit to integrate.

I'm also very interested in exploring the significance of the carnival/circus like nature of the experience. My experiences up until this point felt similar, although this time the alien carnival was completely insane and imcomprensensibly impossible.

I apologize if this came off as a bit scrambled as I'm still a bit overwhelmed from the experience.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/18/2022 11:38:27 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice report - sounds like you got your technique sorted and had a true to type, textbook experience. And I'm really glad to hear how it has helped your back pain. No need to worry about how you come across as we're very used to it here and you're definitely among the more coherent post-breakthrough neophytes Very happy

Welcome to the space, and congratulations on your recent promotion also!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

AFOAF
#3 Posted : 11/19/2022 1:28:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MyEntity wrote:
Congrats! It sounds nice.
I'd like to try this mask too. Open eye visuals but in completely dark. Sounds good.

It's fine. It's fairly cheap but also fairly cheaply made. It gets the job done though. It did require some adjustment to get it comfortable. Overall I'd recommend it.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Nice report - sounds like you got your technique sorted and had a true to type, textbook experience. And I'm really glad to hear how it has helped your back pain. No need to worry about how you come across as we're very used to it here and you're definitely among the more coherent post-breakthrough neophytes Very happy

Welcome to the space, and congratulations on your recent promotion also!

Thank you!

I spent the rest of the night researching circus and carnival themes in DMT experiences. I was surprised to find that this is an extremely common archetype/exprerience. I knew of the jester archetype, but wasn't aware others experienced ever experience anything like a circus. Managed to go down quite the rabbit hole, as there is a lot of literature on the topic.

Very much so looking forward to returning to the circus!