We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
mju9's midjourney ai art thread Options

Muskogee Herbman
#41 Posted : 1/17/2023 12:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We had disabled people in my master's program who could draw better than me with just their mouths. There are some insanely talented disabled people who will also be affected by this in a very negative way.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

psychosomaticon
#42 Posted : 2/17/2023 7:52:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all I have returned!
psychosomaticon attached the following image(s):
city.png (2,186kb) downloaded 316 time(s).
uniquyeu.png (2,219kb) downloaded 316 time(s).
fibwef.png (1,472kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
cross.png (2,012kb) downloaded 314 time(s).
hubycwe.png (2,032kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
dvfddddgdgf.png (2,286kb) downloaded 314 time(s).
aliens.png (2,939kb) downloaded 273 time(s).

fink
#43 Posted : 2/17/2023 8:37:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon wrote:
Hi all I have returned!

Welcome back, I guess. Personally I would appreciate you making a public display of contrition for the return post, or at least some show of respect.... rather than more AI images. But that is just me.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

psychosomaticon
#44 Posted : 2/18/2023 12:32:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
psychosomaticon wrote:
Hi all I have returned!

Welcome back, I guess. Personally I would appreciate you making a public display of contrition for the return post, or at least some show of respect.... rather than more AI images. But that is just me.

ah im sorry all, hope you can forgive me Smile
psychosomaticon attached the following image(s):
erreterter.png (1,979kb) downloaded 272 time(s).
yessdfsd.png (3,623kb) downloaded 271 time(s).
veevevrv.png (2,914kb) downloaded 271 time(s).
veerver.png (2,824kb) downloaded 272 time(s).
fwefwefwe.png (1,949kb) downloaded 273 time(s).
opens.png (2,935kb) downloaded 270 time(s).

Exitwound
#45 Posted : 2/18/2023 5:41:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These images look great but fail at captivating or capturing attention.
They also look all the same like a very good collages.

dithyramb
#46 Posted : 2/18/2023 5:48:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These images could represent the peak of raw aesthetics. At least in a narrow bandwidth, as they all seem to have the same contrast and color themes (similar to how all smartphone photos look the same nowadays). However they are empty under their flashy appearances, and no matter how elaborately typed up, they will fall short of delivering a soulful energy/theme/message compared to old style flesh and blood hand creations.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Bill Cipher
#47 Posted : 2/18/2023 6:24:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What an utterly unsurprising and classless return.

If you learned nothing at all in the past 30 days (or from 3 out of 3 responses to your first return posts), let me bring you up to speed: the community doesn't want to be spammed with disposable no effort images comprised of other artists' stolen data.

dithyramb wrote:
...and no matter how elaborately typed up, they will fall short of delivering a soulful energy/theme/message compared to old style flesh and blood hand creations.

What people really do need to understand is that there is nothing elaborate whatsoever about using this tech. It's made for imbeciles. It's marketed to imbeciles. They make it a point to mention that it works best with as little input as possible from the user.

It's "art" for those with no skill, talent, imagination or motivation to find these things within - as well as those who don't care how the sausage gets made or who is ultimately damaged.

Literally anyone who can spell can shit out endless images of similar quality in minutes, if not seconds.

dragonrider
#48 Posted : 2/18/2023 6:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
These images could represent the peak of raw aesthetics. At least in a narrow bandwidth, as they all seem to have the same contrast and color themes (similar to how all smartphone photos look the same nowadays). However they are empty under their flashy appearances, and no matter how elaborately typed up, they will fall short of delivering a soulful energy/theme/message compared to old style flesh and blood hand creations.

Yeah, i said earlier in maybe another thread that i suspected that at some point the "novelty" of these type of images would start to wear off, and then they would all start to look the same in a way. They have a very generic sort of feel to them. Something that real art never has.

I also object to calling this "art".

Edit: wich is why i decided to move this to science. It's not a discussion about art but about computerscience. Thus...science.

Toshido
#49 Posted : 2/18/2023 6:46:16 PM

Research & Development

Edit: Sorry just realized there were tons of spelling errors in this post. Fixed.

As an artist (videographer/photographer/animator/musician/producer/sound designer) who as also dabbled in AI generated artwork I really wanted to chime in here... not that my opinion should hold more weight than others, but to give it a fair perspective.

1) When the iPhones ability to edit it's own movies for you, snap chat filters adding lens flares, iPhone cameras performing auto corrections for hue/saturation, exposure, red eye removal, and just general touch ups, etc I just felt personally attacked. Things that were taking me hundreds of hours to edit in Final Cut Pro were taking "tweens" mere minutes. All of the sudden everybody became a videographer and a content creator and watching people make millions really bothered me as a struggling artist.

But... How the video editors who would cut and splice physical celluloid film must have felt when video editing software was released... You shouldn't get mad at the inevitable advancements in technology. Yes yes I know, I'm just rambling about ease of functionality and not about copyright, I'll get there.

2) As an avid photoshop and illustrator user, seeing the AI created artwork instantly and mindlessly, hit a soft spot for me as well. Images that took me tens of hours to create and fine tune are now generated with a mere text based thought. And they look pretty damn good too.

3) My belief is that every single AI generated image should have a watermark until they figure out how to credit the original artists work and find a way for people who DO HAVE A COPYRIGHT. Those people who have copyrights should be getting paid. If they can't figure that out, they should do away with AI art entirely. If they can figure it out, they need to set up a massive archive and algorithmic pay system anytime someones artwork's source code is used.

My main gripe with AI art isn't that someone's work is being stolen, as to me the AI generated art that consists of hundreds of thousands of slivers of other peoples images reminds me more of PvP sharing, sort of how torrents work, only consent is not given so... not really, but you get what I mean.

My main gripe is that it's going to further contribute to the "absence of good ideas and the absence of consciousness" by lazily generating artwork instead of taking the time to create something yourself, which is infinitely more rewarding. That is 1 Million percent the opposite of what I believe the Nexus to be about. Sure it's fun to share cool AI artwork, but there is no learning or expanding about it. But at the same time, we can't inspire billions of people using AI art to just stop and then start learning how to paint. When the GPS came out, everyone lost their sense of direction and no one can read a map now, when social media came out everyone became agoraphobic and socially inept, and now with chatGPT and AI Art, it's only going to contribute to the dumbing down of our civilization until we're extinct or Skynet takes over.

My other gripe is people getting so ANGRY at one another over this. I understand passions strain, but what's the point of defending something you care so deeply about if you're going to contribute further to the negative energy. As an artist and critical thinker, I'm against AI Art on the nexus, but as a realist, you simply can't stop what's coming. We've already passed the threshold for AI in general, and it's inevitable that this was going to happen. We can't stop it.

So if we can't stop it what do we do? Well... the world powers are going to have to figure that one out, which they won't, so if we want it off of the Nexus, it should happen 1 of 2 ways.

1) We vote on it, and it either stays or goes.

Or

2) We accept the fact that it's a complex issue and never going away, and we give it a sub-sub-forum tucked away in a place where it belongs like the "Humor and Fun" sub forum or make it a sticky. Posting AI art anywhere else should be met with an offense due to the delicate nature surrounding the piracy of other artists copyrights and to me just basic human decency.

Let us show the people here that the Nexus stands for what it believes in and makes itself clear on it's intentions, but to not seem like a dictatorship and ban it entirely as it's an interesting topic for discussion and could be beneficial to shining a light on the respect of hard working artists and creatives like myself and others.

Lastly, we need to just love each other and put that above everything else on the Nexus.

-some n00B
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Bill Cipher
#50 Posted : 2/18/2023 6:51:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
So if we can't stop it what do we do? Well... the world powers are going to have to figure that one out, which they won't, so if we want it off of the Nexus, it should happen 1 of 2 ways.

Or

2) We accept the fact that it's a complex issue and never going away, and we give it a sub-sub-forum tucked away in a place where it belonds like the "Humor and Fun" sub forum or make it a sticky. Posting AI art anywhere else should be met with an offense due to the delicate nature surrounding the piracy of other artists copyrights and basic human decency.

I think a vote is a great idea. Will discuss with the mod team.

Voidmatrix
#51 Posted : 2/18/2023 7:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Goddamn this is getting old...

At a point where ima lock the thread again. Seems it simply shouldn't be here...

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Toshido
#52 Posted : 2/18/2023 7:34:28 PM

Research & Development

Voidmatrix wrote:

At a point where ima lock the thread again. Seems it simply shouldn't be here...

One love

Sorry Void, I didn't realize it was that old, my apologies. I can see how people are sick of it at this point, I would be too. Just wanted to chime in.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Voidmatrix
#53 Posted : 2/18/2023 7:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

widderic wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Sorry Void, I didn't realize it was that old, my apologies. I can see how people are sick of it at this point, I would be too. Just wanted to chime in.

This wasn't directly directed to you my friend. More so the overall issue, and particularly the lack of tact on psychosomaticon's part. I appreciate you sharing a balanced opinion and adding options to ameliorate the situation, and above all your position on, at the end of the day, loving each other and showing support at the Nexus.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#54 Posted : 2/18/2023 10:55:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon wrote:

My friend, it is not about forgiveness. It is about you recognizing that your inflammatory interactions that originally got you banned have been discussed at some length by people who genuinely care about their fellow human IE.. You.

You were defended and given the benefit of the doubt and even the person you deliberately tried to upset turned the other cheek and gave you another chance.

A person who cares equally about their fellow humans would not stride back into the thread and spam even more of the subject matter that caused contention. At least not without first giving the courtesy of acknowledging the kindness of this community.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Nydex
#55 Posted : 2/19/2023 11:29:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
psychosomaticon wrote:

My friend, it is not about forgiveness. It is about you recognizing that your inflammatory interactions that originally got you banned have been discussed at some length by people who genuinely care about their fellow human IE.. You.

You were defended and given the benefit of the doubt and even the person you deliberately tried to upset turned the other cheek and gave you another chance.

A person who cares equally about their fellow humans would not stride back into the thread and spam even more of the subject matter that caused contention. At least not without first giving the courtesy of acknowledging the kindness of this community.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried. Thumbs up

I also feel like a public vote is the way to go. Democracy, yay!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

downwardsfromzero
#56 Posted : 2/19/2023 11:23:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bill Cipher wrote:
widderic wrote:

Or

2) We accept the fact that it's a complex issue and never going away, and we give it a sub-sub-forum tucked away in a place where it belonds like the "Humor and Fun" sub forum or make it a sticky. Posting AI art anywhere else should be met with an offense due to the delicate nature surrounding the piracy of other artists copyrights and basic human decency.

I think a vote is a great idea. Will discuss with the mod team.

This is exactly what I was thinking, too. Basically a post with the survey function included. We Mods can decide what the options would be, and people would be able to comment constructively, hmmm?

BTW, Psychosomaticon's machine-generated graphics are making my eyes hurt so badly I'm inclined to remove them. They look garish, derivative and unoriginal.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

f1
#57 Posted : 2/24/2023 3:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon wrote:
Hi all I have returned!

I do like that skull a lot!! its got quite the spice portal inside!

And I've greatly enjoyed chatting with Psycho on the chat, at times he's made custom dmt related material for me, i.e. cosmic serpents etc. Thumbs up - something i've done for half dozen members as well; i.e. some madscientest cosmic lion etc Laughing

Kinda ironic his jesus works spammed your brains and hearts, that did a become a bit over saturated.

I've happy to hear about some sorta community diven solution to banning people like psycho over Ai or whatever matter. "I also feel like a public vote is the way to go. Democracy, yay!" would be nice vs. Oneman situation.

I produce lot of ai art images, i've used almost every app, model and am now generating my own from my own content to apply filters over dancers that I filmed. Have all sorts of art on the go. So for me Psycho was a artist. I've seen hundreds of his pieces only myself and maybe a few got to. Art is subjective. We were once fungi, even it was once word or sentence to make a image, how amazing is that? we were once supernova, we clumped up and ended up just banning each other over a ai revolution happening; & likely at the intro of it all.

"Or
2) We accept the fact that it's a complex issue and never going away, and we give it a sub-sub-forum tucked away in a place where it belongs like the "Humor and Fun" sub forum or make it a sticky. " - sounds like a good idea. Rolling eyes

Love everyone feed people - Ram Dass / his Guru Maharaji

"Lastly, we need to just love each other and put that above everything else on the Nexus." Widderic Love

Shine on you crazy diamonds! Twisted Evil
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Toshido
#58 Posted : 2/24/2023 5:54:50 AM

Research & Development

f1 wrote:

I produce lot of ai art images, i've used almost every app, model and am now generating my own from my own content to apply filters over dancers that I filmed.

f1 Love your heart of gold, but this was a part I touched on slightly but not enough.

I see little to no harm in sharing AI art with each other for the sake of "ooo wow that's crazy, an AI made that? Dope!"

I fiddle around with it just for fun, and that's coming from someone who spends hours trying to make stuff like this from scratch.

My problem starts with someone generating the art, and then ACTUALLY using it for THEIR own gain. Yes yes you're using your own art I understand that, I'm just talking about a scenario like.....

Say a graphic designer who has worked 10+ years perfecting their craft goes into an interview and doesn't get the position. Who did he lose it to? Someone who had zero years experience whose portfolio was filled with AI generated art that stole from millions of other artists.

It's a terrible slippery slope in terms of morality at that point. Which is why I think this topic has garnered so much attention, especially here on the Nexus. So it begs the question... what side of morality do the occupants of the Nexus wish to fall on?

As someone who is intrigued by AI art and has generated it and posted it in the chat I can comfortably say I'm a hypocrite, but it wasn't until this thread that I really started to think about it.

So I'll say it again... because of it's potential for interesting discussion as an inevitable and integratabtle facet in our everyday lives , I can see a slight benefit for it not being banned... but because of it's sensitive nature surrounding copyright and morality... I can see it's reason FOR being banned.

If it were put to a vote, I'd say... "I think it's awesome and fun, but it doesn't belong here."

Ok that's the last time I'll beat a horse in hospice.

f1
#59 Posted : 2/24/2023 6:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Widderic,
"I think it's awesome and fun, but it doesn't belong here."

I'd love to focus myself as well help encourage others to help ramp up review of the wiki, i.e. I'm very interested in the 'Health and Safety' page and leaving a legacy of important infomation for future psychonauts.

Ai art could be useful for the lexicon? but i suppose hand or tablet drawn would always be better..

Can Ai art be use for profile images? I photoshoped mine Twisted Evil

If I share some of my stuff with self generated models I can see there being no issue, etc.

Ill have to find Psycho on discord Confused

In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

f1
#60 Posted : 2/24/2023 6:27:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perplexity.Ai - which is pretty jokes in this context Twisted Evil

"should ai art generated by other artists be displayed in public forums
PERPLEXITY
There is no clear consensus on whether AI art generated by other artists should be displayed in public forums. Some sites prioritize human-made art but do not outright delete AI imagery[1]. There are discussions about the morality of using commissioned art into AI generators without the artist's knowledge[2]. It is possible to use AI-generated art in digital marketing and advertising, but some tools could end up producing copyrighted material[3]. Some artists are afraid of posting new art online due to concerns about A.I. image generators[4]. Getty Images has banned the sale of AI-generated artwork through its service, and similar bans are occurring on smaller art community sites[5]."

Tuck us away in some deep aspect of the nexus but dont outright ban ai Stop Love

PREV12345NEXT