We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings, i'm confused Options

billybrownDPRK
#1 Posted : 11/13/2022 7:57:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, I am new here.

I have only used the spice one time successfully and it was great. I have recently been experimenting with just harmalas and I have a few questions I am hoping nexians might have answers to. I don't understand the chemistry and as much as I am trying to learn, it's just elusive to me...

I'm really confused about salts vs fb. I have some fb THH and I also have some 4x caapi powder. I have been taking the 4x powder straight with water to wash it down and it has only done very little... some really cool CEV a few hours in and heat and drunk feeling but that's it. I have taken 15g of the 4x like that. Should I be taking more or am I taking it wrong? What is the difference between using HCL harmalas or fb?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

justB612
#2 Posted : 11/19/2022 8:03:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yo I'm not really sure about the harmalas extracted part, as I only use syrian rue tea, and as people report the tea has a deeper experience to it than the extracted stuff so....

I'll try to link this post to a few other more experienced users and see what they think of the matter Smile

In the mean time feel free to check out the chatroom, its the upper left side of the screen right now, ppl can be afk there but most of them could tell you a little bit about your question, if they arent afking that is Razz

Cheers!
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/20/2022 8:23:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hello, welcome!

4× caapi powder is a bit vague (if you don't know the efficacy of the process) and since you need upwards of 50g of caapi itself to get effects that 15g you took corresponds roughly to that. The effects that you describe sound about right all things considered - and if you want psychedelic visions you will have to either increase the dose somewhat or add a 'light-bearing' plant such as chacruna, mimosa or the right sort of acacia, to name but a few.

Harmala FB might be more suited to changa production or sublingual use; it gets converted to the HCl in the stomach so for oral dosing you might as well use the harmala HCl. The HCl is water soluble whereas the FB is not, and FB dissolves in some solvents that the HCl does not. Conversion is very simple though, so if you have one form and want to use it for something more suited to the other it isn't much of an issue.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

billybrownDPRK
#4 Posted : 11/30/2022 3:32:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Hello, welcome!

4× caapi powder is a bit vague (if you don't know the efficacy of the process) and since you need upwards of 50g of caapi itself to get effects that 15g you took corresponds roughly to that. The effects that you describe sound about right all things considered - and if you want psychedelic visions you will have to either increase the dose somewhat or add a 'light-bearing' plant such as chacruna, mimosa or the right sort of acacia, to name but a few.

Harmala FB might be more suited to changa production or sublingual use; it gets converted to the HCl in the stomach so for oral dosing you might as well use the harmala HCl. The HCl is water soluble whereas the FB is not, and FB dissolves in some solvents that the HCl does not. Conversion is very simple though, so if you have one form and want to use it for something more suited to the other it isn't much of an issue.

Yeah I didn't extract it myself, so I think I'll just grab some Harmine and Harmaline and then experiment with known doses in the future, but in the meantime I have like a kg of this 4x so I guess I will try 25g of it and see what's up.

I've definitely seen reports of CEV on harmalas only, which I find super interesting right now so I'm investigating that mainly.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/30/2022 8:35:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you have a kilo of it you could try extracting the alkaloids from at least some of it, for the fun of it if nothing else - plus it might give some indication of the potency of the material which is, arguably, worth knowing.

Have you tried shining a UV blacklight on a solution of the extract?

Harmalas can get interesting at higher doses but even then, this is not always necessarily the case. The are a bunch of other possible reasons for using harmalas anyhow.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli