We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
fall finally in the PNW (mushie pron) Options

null24
#1 Posted : 10/25/2022 8:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

After a protracted stretch with no rain at all (like 65 days or something) and temps in the mid 80'sF through mid-October, it suddenly switched over to late mid-Fall temps and weather. I have a range of emotions and thoughts about that, but I'll spare you. Been finding chants and lobsters and a singular COW the past couple weeks in the mountains, but these little ovoids I checked on that fruited last Spring are coming back. These grow fast, I'll check them in a few days. Covered them with leaves to keep them warm at night, but those little aborts are being cold steeped now to be made into a nice little ice cube for some later date.

EDIT/CORRECTION: not ovoid, but ps cyanescens
null24 attached the following image(s):
OVIOD 3 OCT 24.22.jpg (1,676kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
OVIOD 2 OCT 24.22.jpg (1,604kb) downloaded 189 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 10/25/2022 8:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a sexy sight!

Also, good to see you brother Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

null24
#3 Posted : 10/26/2022 1:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya, sorry I’ve been such a ghost. Been pretty busy with work, life and stuff. All’s pretty swell, hope you’re doing good VM!

Hopefully there will be many more pics in this thread. This season though… not sure about anything.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Fridge
#4 Posted : 10/26/2022 12:53:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yay, mushrooms! Thank you for sharing and good to see you null Smile.
...no need to worry...

Ice House
#5 Posted : 10/26/2022 2:54:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

null24 wrote:
This season though… not sure about anything.

This year has been very frustrating.... Normally picking libs by late August, azures and cyans by now as well. nothing yet. Great picture thanks for sharing and boosting my optomism.

Cheers!
IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 10/26/2022 7:31:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Same as last year - miso jelly Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#7 Posted : 10/27/2022 6:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, we'll see how much I can make you jealous this season, but I'll try my best haha. Spoiler: 50 years of climate change denial didn't stop it from happening. S***'s messed up.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/27/2022 7:36:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

null24 wrote:
Well, we'll see how much I can make you jealous this season, but I'll try my best haha. Spoiler: 50 years of climate change denial didn't stop it from happening. S***'s messed up.

IKR - it's been around 10°C warmer than usual for the time of year in my part of Northern Europe as well. Saw some violets blooming yesterday. They are spring flowers.

But I should stop being jealous and get my wood chip patch sorted out. I wonder if adding a pinch of salt will help keep the endemic Psathyrellas at bay...

I've high hopes for your shrooming season in the weeks to come Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 10/27/2022 8:02:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
null24 wrote:

IKR - it's been around 10°C warmer than usual for the time of year in my part of Northern Europe as well. Saw some violets blooming yesterday. They are spring flowers.

But I should stop being jealous and get my wood chip patch sorted out. I wonder if adding a pinch of salt will help keep the endemic Psathyrellas at bay...

I've high hopes for your shrooming season in the weeks to come Thumbs up

Yeah, this has been an odd year.

The drought has been very taxing for my garden. Almost no berries and smaller vegetables.

But i've seen an awfull lot of fly-agarics everywhere in the past few weeks. Lot's of other mushrooms as well, but no psilocybes yet.

I've picked a lot of chicken of the woods, because that's another mushroom that seemed to be almost everywhere i looked. Three different trees in my street alone had big chunks of it.

null24
#10 Posted : 10/27/2022 11:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice on the COWS, DR. Since I began foraging, this is the first year I’ve had a vehicle and I’ve been going out to the mountains and coast on Saturdays. Cleaned up on lobsters last weekend and found all of about 6 chants. Collected one COW a couple weeks ago. Can’t say with the gas that it saves any money, in fact they are pretty expensive mushrooms if you look at that way haha, but those lobsters and that COW have been feeding me for weeks.

If we’d gotten ANY rain from Sept through mid October, those ovoids would be feeding me and everyone I know’s head for a long time. I’m afraid the cold temps are going to stop them. Checked again today and there’s little growth.

Here’s to hopes for more good pron in this thread!Wink .
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#11 Posted : 10/30/2022 9:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are growing up, aww!

Same little dudes, not seeing anything else out there. Happy to see these guys tho.

Also, went looking for chants yesterday, completely struck out but found this big spine of something. Was thinking cougar by its size- the spine is over 4.5 feet long- but it looks more like some kind of dog. Big ass one....
OVOID 10.30.22.1.jpg (3,337kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
OVIOD 10.30.22.2.jpg (3,441kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
OVIOD 10.30.22.3.jpg (3,634kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
OVIOD 10.30.22.4.jpg (3,150kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
BONES.jpg (5,863kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#12 Posted : 11/3/2022 1:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I misidentified the bones- it's just a really big dog, so far less exciting a quite a bit more sad than what was hoped for (metaphor for life? IDK, YTM). Also seem to have mis-ID the shrroms in the pic, as they appear to be cyans, not ovoids. I just presumed since they are literally growing out of a spring ovoid patch that was yuuuuuge.

Tell me what you think, but the cap shape, thin stipe, total lack of an annulus screams cyan to me, and if that's the case I'm like 35% happier, since they are that much more potent than ovoids IMO.
CAP SHAPE DIFF GILLS.jpg (3,069kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
CAP SHAPE DIFF.jpg (3,080kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
LINE UP.jpg (3,479kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 11/3/2022 2:06:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, ovoids are stockier, the gills tend to be slightly decurrent and they do indeed have that fibrillose annulus which your specimens seem to lack.

The UK cyans I've found look somewhat different from your specimens - the gills are more crowded and slightly yellowish, for one thing - but it's also known that there are important microscopic differences when it comes to US vs. European cyans.

And thanks for posting this thread, finally spurred my to dip a pinky toe with psilohuasca Thumbs up
It had been too long a time and now I don't know what I had been worrying about.

Wishing you best of vibes for your further explorations!

null24
#14 Posted : 11/3/2022 2:53:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And thanks for posting this thread, finally spurred my to dip a pinky toe with psilohuasca Thumbs up

You got it, glad to be of service. Honestly, these days I get more of a kick from finding drugs on the ground than actually doing them.Neutral And I kinda get off on giving them away, it's weird.

Someone planted this spot, and I'd like to meet them. It gave a pound of dry ovoids last Spring over three months and is now the ONLY spot showing any life out of a dozen checked.

And yeah cyan all the way, yay. Mushrooms are crazy.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#15 Posted : 11/6/2022 6:07:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Still growing....

IMG-3537.jpg (3,277kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
IMG-3535.jpg (3,382kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
IMG-3533.jpg (2,897kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 11/6/2022 4:00:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And you're still pickin' Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 11/6/2022 5:48:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Awwwwwww! They are so nice Love

null24
#18 Posted : 12/1/2022 6:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aaaaand it's over. R.I.P. 22 mushie season, you never stood a chance.
CYAN NOV22.jpg (1,641kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 12/2/2022 1:02:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Drool Right that's it! Deffo gonna eat some shrooms tonite! Drool

null24
#20 Posted : 12/2/2022 4:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Weather man. Driest fall in decades followed by an atmospheric river followed by a few good freezes. worst season I've ever experienced and old timers say it's the worst ever.

Be forewarned, the next pics are brutal... But I am spawning some myc and hope to not kill it before I transplant it this time....
CYAN NOV22 5.jpg (2,783kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
CYAN NOV22 3.jpg (3,903kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
CYAN NOV22 4.jpg (1,501kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*