We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Howdy ya'll... Options

GroovySufi
#1 Posted : 10/20/2022 8:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there everyone, I am the Groovy Sufi. I am 23 years old and currently double-majoring in Microbiology/Biochem. My interest in the psychedelic field comes from an experience I had when I was 20, when a close friend offered to tripsit me if I took mushrooms. Looking back that afternoon changed the course of my entire life, as I now have a much greater respect and appreciation for life, and what is necessary to maintain it.

I have tried a lot of different psychedelics since, but the ones I have grown completely fascinated with are the natural, orally active psychedelics, most notably mushrooms, cacti, and syrian rue. I go on week long binges where I just cannot stop researching the chemistry/pharmacology of harmalas and syrian rue in particular, they are just intensely interesting, and I would love to be able to work with them in a professional capacity one day. Why have I not become obsessed with the Spice yet? Well the way I like to take psychedelics is generally with the goal of entering a trance through bodily movement(also known as dancing), which DMT has not made too easy for me as of yetLaughing

Not that I don't have reverence for the Spice, hell.. My first DMT trip was an absolute nightmare, definitely changing my life forever. It was the classic bad DMT trip, complete with shape shifting jesters and all the fear and panic one could ever hope for. It is this very trip that influenced my name and avatar, as on the come-up everything deconstructed into morphing Arabesque calligraphy. My second DMT trip was 10 minutes after the first one, at least it was a better experience, but I haven't taken DMT with the intention to break through since. I feel I am definitely not ready for it yet, but as time goes on I think I will definitely venture out again, possibly trying an oral DMT experience, as it is one of the few psychedelics I have not tried yet(I don't think psilohuasca really counts as oral DMT).

I look forward to being able to offer my limited help/expertise to the Nexus, and will always keep learning so I can be of better service to this community. I don't have much experience but from what I've read on the forums so far DMT-Nexus is different for sure.

Safe travels,
and always remember the Spice must flow..
Make my funk the P-Funk..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ice House
#2 Posted : 10/20/2022 4:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

GroovySufi, Thank you for taking the time to post a great introduction. Its good to have you here. I understand that you have already had a solid introduction to psychedelics, being a member of the Nexus will definitely compliment and assist you in your journey. If I may offer you a little advice for your wonderful stroll down this path...... Crawl, Walk, Run..... There is no hurry. Begin each phase of your plant medicine journey with intention. While exploring these altered states of reality, take time to smell the roses, crawl, walk, run. Start with doses that you can navigate and enjoy. The deep dark traumatizing experiences will always be there for you if thats what you desire. Crawl-learn what the medicine has to offer. Walk-Navigate its beauty, Run- explore its depths! Aproaching your exploration using this methodology will keep you safe and will make the journey an enjoyable learning experience.

Familiarize yourself with the rules here and dont break them.

Remember that we are a Pshychedelic institution. This website is what it is because of the strong membership, past and present. New members are very important because, you are our future. Learn and carry on the tradition by sharing and contributing.
If you ever have a question and cant find the answer through researching remember this-

The only dumb question is the one you dont ask!

Welcome aboard!
IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Bill Cipher
#3 Posted : 10/20/2022 6:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, GroovySufi. You're in the right place. Heed the sagely advice of Ice House regarding easing it all and I think you'll find your experiences to be much more rewarding in the long run.

GroovySufi
#4 Posted : 10/22/2022 6:51:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you IH, probably the best welcome and advice I have been given in a whileBig grin

I will go slow, I feel I have been a bit overzealous in the past. I look forward to my journey, now backed by the DMT Nexus community. All of you are an absolute blessing.
Make my funk the P-Funk..

TheGuideB
#5 Posted : 11/2/2022 7:28:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

assalam alikum bro