We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Substituting psychotria with dmt crystal in ayahuasca Options

VegasNightStar
#1 Posted : 9/30/2022 4:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I asked this question in chat and and some kind person gave me the answer that you can do this.. He said to start low around 10mg - 20mg and work up.

I was wondering roughly how much dmt you are taking in your standard 50gram psychotria viridis + 50 gram b.caapi brew.

I was also wondering if anyone had anything similar to an erowid dose chart for substituting - in example

High mg range = ?, Medium mg range = ? and Low mg range = ?

Or any info on the subject for a beginner in substituting.

I have climate issues with growing psychotria unfortunately.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

L-dreamer
#2 Posted : 9/30/2022 9:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For reasons that are not understood, you cannot  simply substitute a dmt plant like Acacia or Psychotria with its equivalent in pure DMT. What most of the time happens is that you have to use much more  pure DMT to reach an intensity equivalent to the DMT plant. The reason is not magical, probably there are different compounds in the plants that either aid the DMT absorption or help and compound its psychoactive effects.

What I said above is just information I got from reading other people's posts around here, since I cannot use Acacia or Psychotria, only mimosa hostilis. 10-20 mg of pure DMT is very low IMO for oral DMT. You can start from 50 mg, and work your way very carefully in 20-30 mg increments. Probably at 70-80 mg you will start to feel it. There are factors like type of beta-carboline you use, timing the beta-carbolines and DMT, and even snacking on something shortly after ingestion seems to quicken the absorption of both the beta-carbolines and DMT

for me 120 mg of oral DMT is where it starts to go bonkers, the intensity is medium to high at this dose

VegasNightStar
#3 Posted : 10/1/2022 4:35:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

L-dreamer wrote:
For reasons that are not understood, you cannot  simply substitute a dmt plant like Acacia or Psychotria with its equivalent in pure DMT. What most of the time happens is that you have to use much more  pure DMT to reach an intensity equivalent to the DMT plant. The reason is not magical, probably there are different compounds in the plants that either aid the DMT absorption or help and compound its psychoactive effects.

What I said above is just information I got from reading other people's posts around here, since I cannot use Acacia or Psychotria, only mimosa hostilis. 10-20 mg of pure DMT is very low IMO for oral DMT. You can start from 50 mg, and work your way very carefully in 20-30 mg increments. Probably at 70-80 mg you will start to feel it. There are factors like type of beta-carboline you use, timing the beta-carbolines and DMT, and even snacking on something shortly after ingestion seems to quicken the absorption of both the beta-carbolines and DMT

for me 120 mg of oral DMT is where it starts to go bonkers, the intensity is medium to high at this dose

Thankyou for your reply Smile

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 10/1/2022 4:52:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Imo, a reason for such high doses of DMT needed by people compared to the plants, is in bioavailability (are they consuming DMT orally as freebase, or as a salt? salt is more bioavailable), as well as MAO-A inhibition (is the gut's MAO-A fully inhibited?, as well as timing between the consumption of the Harmalas and the DMT (are you waiting for the gut's MAO-A to be fully inhibited? IE waiting 30 to 45 minutes to an hour after the Harmalas to take the DMT, personally i always wait an hour after the Rue/Harmalas to take DMT/etc). So long as the gut's MAO-A is fully inhibited and you've taken a full dose of the Harmalas, and you wait for the gut's MAO-A to be fully inhibited to take the DMT, it should work fully, ime.

I haven't taken pure DMT orally, but i have learned a lot about dosing and dosage and timing from the plants, and i have used pure 4-ACO-DMT with Harmalas/Rue for Psilohuasca, and i get the impression that pure Light compounds (like DMT, Psilocybin, 4-ACO-DMT) are just fine to use compared to plants, the real important factor, ime, seems to be the source of Harmalas IE Rue, Caapi, Rue full spectrum extract, Caapi full spectrum extract, manske'd Rue Harmala's (Harmaline/Harmine), pure Harmine, pure Harmaline, etc. The Harmala source is the biggest factor in the overall quality/feel of the experience/medicine, the DMT factor doesn't seem to matter as much. For example i've taken the same dosages of Acacia or Mimosa or 4-ACO or mushrooms that i use usually, but taking them with Rue seed, or full spectrum Rue extract, or manske'd Harmalas, and i can definitely tell the difference in the overall quality and feel depending on what Harmala source i'm using. The full spectrum Rue extract for example feels way better to me and closer to but still lighter/cleaner than the Rue seed, the manske'd Harmala extract just feels too isolated, i don't particularly care for it, and the Rue seed is of course very planty.

Now, i will say that the other compounds in the DMT-containing plants likely do contribute to the overall effects/feel and perhaps even some of the benefits, so if at all possible it's better to try to use a more full spectrum extract of a DMT-containing plant, imo, but pure DMT should do just fine. I get the impression that it'll be very similar to the times i've taken 4-ACO-DMT with the Rue/Harmalas, in terms of the fullness of the experience/effects and how things feel compared to the plants, so long as the Harmala source is good, the pure DMT should be too. There's probably going to be some differences between the plants and the pure compound, for sure, but i don't think it's gonna matter nearly as much as the Harmala source. Trust me on this, i've had a lot of experience/experimentation lol, i understand these kinds of things fairly well.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/1/2022 10:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to need very high doses of DMT when taking pharmahuasca with harmala extracts plus DMT, when I was experimenting a lot with it.

IME, though, when you are adding DMT to a caapi brew, it does work well. The thing is, you must first find out your caapi dosage before adding DMT. Basically my way of doing is brewing a large-ish batch of caapi by itself first, and then I drink the equivalent of 30g or so of caapi, and see how I feel.

If I dont feel anything or barely anything, I know I need to take more of it. If I feel too dizzy and can barely stand up, extremely sensitive to light, I know I need to take less of it. The ideal dosage of caapi for me is when I do feel a bit of light sensitivity and a clearly altered headspace, some tracers in the visual field too, but still manageable. When I find what dosage that is from my particular batch, then next time I will add DMT to it.

I think to start with, you can add for example 15mg DMT. That might be on the light side, unless you´re very sensitive, then it might be a significant dosage but likely not overwhelming. For me these days 20mg is a lot, though im more sensitive than I used to be. Some people might need more, but Id definitely not start with a high dosage.

Also you can always dose again even in the same session if you want, though remember effects will accumulate so be mindful, dont rush and take a second dose before the first dose has properly come up because otherwise it can get very overwhelming.

Another option is to have your DMT pipe loaded in case you dont get where you want with the oral dose, vapping some DMT on top will take you very far and the oral harmalas help making the experience more lasting, specially the comedown part.

Good luck!

VegasNightStar
#6 Posted : 10/1/2022 11:45:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I used to need very high doses of DMT when taking pharmahuasca with harmala extracts plus DMT, when I was experimenting a lot with it.

IME, though, when you are adding DMT to a caapi brew, it does work well. The thing is, you must first find out your caapi dosage before adding DMT. Basically my way of doing is brewing a large-ish batch of caapi by itself first, and then I drink the equivalent of 30g or so of caapi, and see how I feel.

If I dont feel anything or barely anything, I know I need to take more of it. If I feel too dizzy and can barely stand up, extremely sensitive to light, I know I need to take less of it. The ideal dosage of caapi for me is when I do feel a bit of light sensitivity and a clearly altered headspace, some tracers in the visual field too, but still manageable. When I find what dosage that is from my particular batch, then next time I will add DMT to it.

I think to start with, you can add for example 15mg DMT. That might be on the light side, unless you´re very sensitive, then it might be a significant dosage but likely not overwhelming. For me these days 20mg is a lot, though im more sensitive than I used to be. Some people might need more, but Id definitely not start with a high dosage.

Also you can always dose again even in the same session if you want, though remember effects will accumulate so be mindful, dont rush and take a second dose before the first dose has properly come up because otherwise it can get very overwhelming.

Another option is to have your DMT pipe loaded in case you dont get where you want with the oral dose, vapping some DMT on top will take you very far and the oral harmalas help making the experience more lasting, specially the comedown part.

Good luck!

Thankyou ! Smile Smile Smile