We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Concerning Evap Tests… Options

Puppetnonsense
#1 Posted : 9/25/2022 4:56:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

An evap test was performed today on Jasco brand Naphtha, using a small mirror.

Upon evaporation, the mirror was held up to a light and photographed at an angle, so that any residue would be readily apparent. The mirror was also reflecting a dark background, so as to give any residue sufficient contrast.

The result of the test was immediately apparent: The Jasco naphtha left considerable residue on the mirror. An image of the residue was posted online for feedback. The feedback was unanimous in that the residue was unacceptable. One person even noted that it was the dirtiest evap test they’d ever seen.

An evap test was then performed using that same Jasco Naphtha, but this time on the flat bottom of a pyrex dish.
The result: The Jasco Naphtha left an almost imperceptible ring of residue on the glass that could only be seen when viewed from the ‘perfect’ angle.

This seems to indicate that glass is entirely unsuitable for the evaporation test, and that it should be abandoned in favor of readily-available mirrors.

I feel like I’m overstepping with such a statement—given my lack of experience and the prolific use of glass in evap tests—
but since the need for cleanly evaporating naphtha is so ardently stressed, it feels like it could be a dangerous blind-spot.

What do you think?

If the residue isn’t as big a deal as I’ve interpreted it to be, please let me know.

Otherwise, maybe willing participants could run some mirror evap tests on naphtha that was previously vetted using glass?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Crusty Flakes
#2 Posted : 9/25/2022 6:43:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

any pics of the tests?

im curious coz solvents here are a complete unknown...
Used to be Acacia Bob, forgot the login and pass.

Disclaimer: Please note that everything typed by me is just rubbish, i have never even heard of DMT.

PedroSanchez
#3 Posted : 9/25/2022 8:09:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

did you perform the same cleaning ritual on both the mirror and the glass?
there is a proper cleaning method for the equipment you are performing the evap test on. i don't know it myself (hopefully one of the chemists will step in here), but simply cleaning with dish washing soap or something along those lines is not enough to be completely accurate. i would imagine a mirror to be generally dirtier than a glass dish, so maybe this was dirt that was left behind on the mirror?

pictures would be cool if you can share here too.

Puppetnonsense
#4 Posted : 9/25/2022 8:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm unable to get an image to attach to a post. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 9/25/2022 8:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Puppetnonsense wrote:

I'm unable to get an image to attach to a post. Can someone point me in the right direction?

If you click "edit" on the post you want to add pics to, there will be a box that says "attach files to the post" outside of the text box. Click the box and then post. You will be redirected to a page that will allow you to attach photos.

What immediately comes to mind are the questions: What did you clean them both with before applying the solvent to them, and what did you use clean whatever tool you used to put that solvent on the mirror/dish (e.g. pipette). If whatever you used to clean the dishes has a residue that can be left behind, then it could be that as the residue shown after the solvent evaporated. If your tool for putting it on the dish wasn't sufficiently clean, then whatever may have been in/on it could be left where the solvent was initially placed on the mirror/dish.

I'd suggest cleaning the mirror with the highest percentage alcohol you can get your hands on, and try again.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/28/2022 12:13:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Puppetnonsense wrote:

There's also an 'attach' button at the top right of each of your posts.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Gharman
#7 Posted : 11/28/2022 4:04:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What is the difference between the glass of a mirror and (borosilicate) glass of a drinking glass or beaker?

And if the solvent barely leaves any residue on a pyrex dish would this indicate the solvent being clean enough or does solvent proven dirty on a mirror bind to the spirit molecule somehow?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 11/28/2022 10:29:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Gharman wrote:
What is the difference between the glass of a mirror and (borosilicate) glass of a drinking glass or beaker?

And if the solvent barely leaves any residue on a pyrex dish would this indicate the solvent being clean enough or does solvent proven dirty on a mirror bind to the spirit molecule somehow?

Mirrors typically get cleaned less often and less thoroughly than a drinking glass or Pyrex dish. Thus, a mirror may bear an imperceptibly thin layer of greasy materail that has gethered there form the atmosphere. This can then go on to form a greasy ring when it is picked up and redeposited by the solvent being tested. The type of glass is of no practical consequence in this instance.

It's preferable to use clean evaporating solvent so you're not inhaling vaporised grease along with your DMT. Excessive pulmonary exposure to condensed hydrocarbons (such as in the inhalation of liquid parffins) is known to cause lung damage and pneumonia.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Rush56
#9 Posted : 3/7/2023 9:21:35 AM
Ruzhxy

Ive been using medicinal benzine, wundbenzin(40-60°c), tryed many different, which is supposed to be pharmacutical pure naptha and also petroleum ether 40-60.

There was nearly always some kind of ring left behind. I went so far i bought distillation apparatus on aliexpress and destilled 3 times these solvents at 60°c and yet that ring or sometimes something like transparent residue, even a bit oily could still be observed under right angle and light.

Based on all this experiments i suspect few things:
-evap surfaces were not 100% clean, even though i was cleaning them
-its kind of condensation that gets created upon evaporation
-could also be residue of cleaning agents?

I also talked with some chem shop and got some answer from a chemist saying it could be something like condensation created when evaporation was happening.

I stopped bothering about it, no difference in end product with 3x or without destilling these solvents.

For example there is stated 0.001% evap residue on petroleum ether(Maybe even 0.0001%, got to check). And that was before destilling it, ofcourse.