We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cubensis Extraction Options

Noomby
#1 Posted : 9/12/2022 3:33:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, new member here but I've been going throught the message boards for a while. I've been trying my hand at extracting cubes but I'm not really getting anywhere. I've been reading posts by the users Loveall and benzyme and their attempts and Ive been trying things along the same line. I suspect that the solution might be to convert psilocybin to psilocin as much as possible, get it into a pure solution and then convert it into acetylpsilacin/psilacetin to make it more stable and usable. I suspect using acetic anhydride has the highest likelihood of yielding theses results. I just really need some input from folks more educated than myself in organic chemistry

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Cosmo D
#2 Posted : 9/12/2022 5:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh this would be a very interesting experience to be able to ingest pure magic from the fruits without some of the other side effects of the other organic compounds found in the mushrooms.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 9/13/2022 9:32:32 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If I tried this now I would test ehtyl acetate.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Noomby
#4 Posted : 9/26/2022 1:07:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've run the simulations with ethyl acetate but its too stable to perform the acetylation step. I suspect it would work in the right solvent and environment but without the right equipment it would be very tough. According to the simulations it should be achievable at room temperature using acetic anhydride. ( But perhapse you could initiate a chain reaction by adding a small amount of acetic anhydride in a soltion of ethyl acetate or just glacial acetic acid.)
The issue is purification and finding the right solvent. One would need a solvent that is either purely selective for psilocin or one that psilocin can be separated from very easily, otherwise you will end up with a wide range of byproducts. I see Sigma Aldrich uses acetonitrile. Perhapse diethyl ether could work for a separation from solution? Basically doing the same steps characterized by Casale, J. F., "An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psiloein from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms," in their psilocin isolation step but instead of drying off the diethyl ether, combining it with a specific amount of acetic anhydride in order to render the psilocin into acetylpsilocin.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 9/26/2022 3:21:00 PM

❤️‍🔥

Noomby wrote:
I've run the simulations with ethyl acetate but its too stable to perform the acetylation step. I suspect it would work in the right solvent and environment but without the right equipment it would be very tough. According to the simulations it should be achievable at room temperature using acetic anhydride. ( But perhapse you could initiate a chain reaction by adding a small amount of acetic anhydride in a soltion of ethyl acetate or just glacial acetic acid.)
The issue is purification and finding the right solvent. One would need a solvent that is either purely selective for psilocin or one that psilocin can be separated from very easily, otherwise you will end up with a wide range of byproducts. I see Sigma Aldrich uses acetonitrile. Perhapse diethyl ether could work for a separation from solution? Basically doing the same steps characterized by Casale, J. F., "An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psiloein from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms," in their psilocin isolation step but instead of drying off the diethyl ether, combining it with a specific amount of acetic anhydride in order to render the psilocin into acetylpsilocin.

I'm not going for acetylpsilocin. Acetic anhydride is in the U.S. DEA List II precursor, and restricted in many other countries, and using it is not permitted per our rules.

I was thinking simply extract psilocin into ethyl acetate and stabilize by adding an organic acid powder such as fumaric to form a (hopefully stable) salt that crashes out of solution.

Noomby
#6 Posted : 10/15/2022 8:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah okay I see. Well could an admin maybe delete this thread please. Dont want to violate any rules

Dozuki
#7 Posted : 10/16/2022 12:01:50 AM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Loveall
#8 Posted : 10/16/2022 12:25:26 AM

❤️‍🔥

Noomby wrote:
Ah okay I see. Well could an admin maybe delete this thread please. Dont want to violate any rules

I think it's fine. The interaction in these posts is a reminder of the rules too, so not bad to have around I think. No worries.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 10/16/2022 9:48:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Aspirin acetylates some things - have you tried running the simulation for acetylsalicylic acid (or a salt thereof) reacting with psilocin, Noomby? It may at least form an equilibrium mixture because it's a phenolic oxygen in both cases (O-acetylpsilocin and aspirin). Getting the pH right while avoiding oxidation of the psilocin would be potential stumbling blocks in the practical process.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

StoneyBroski
#10 Posted : 10/22/2022 6:58:21 AM

I have embarked on SpiceX, still drifting through the hyperspace, machine elves whisper the secrets of the cosmos into my brain.

Yes! I love this idea. Pure magic, what about putting a dose in a capsule with harmalas, I've heard great things from this combination, could probably even half the dose with full maoi.
Mmmm.... Knowledge. Keep pissing on this sponge.

Sanalejo171
#11 Posted : 10/26/2022 7:06:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

all this is extremely interesting, I'm sorry I don't have samples of cubensis to carry out my experiments and contribute with the results
La felicidad está en servir, no en dominar,nace de compartir, no de acumular.😇