We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Graft successful but showing no signs of growth Options

Dasein
#1 Posted : 8/31/2022 11:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So... this is my first experiment with grafting on pereskiopsis. It's a seedling from my first batch ever... I was a total idiot back then and did not know how to handle seedlings, either watering them too much or too little etc. So this little guy just had too much I guess and went completely dormant. All the other seedlings broke dormancy in summers but not this one... So finally I decided to graft it on pereskiopses hoping that it would start growing. The graft worked well, it didn't even turn red/brown, showed no signs of stress, attached to the stock in just a few days, but it's not growing! It has been a month, and the stock just keeps trying to send out new branches which I keep cutting off, but the scion is just not growing. Does anyone know what could be the reason?
Dasein attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220831_204751.jpg (3,104kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
IMG_20220831_204824.jpg (2,765kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_20220831_204807.jpg (3,002kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_20220831_204831.jpg (3,854kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 9/1/2022 5:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I'm having the same issue with a seedling graft rn. Interested to hear good answers Smile

In case there won't be any, my plan is just to keep watering it and hope it eventually decides to grow.

Kobranek
#3 Posted : 9/2/2022 1:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes the scion doesn't take because it's not placed in enough contact with the phloem. Kinda hit or miss but it looks like it is off center so that looks good. I'd give it more time, they all go at their own rate. One thing that improves success is using parafilm. I'll stretch it so that it is close to the point of tearing as a layer on top to wrap another piece along the stem to seal the top piece if that makes sense. Once the scion takes the growth is very dramatic and breaks through the parafilm. Keep it up you're getting there!!