We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello fellow 'nauts Options

CygnusX-1
#1 Posted : 8/22/2022 6:36:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found this forum while researching extraction techniques. I've been interested in DMT since the early '90's. My fellow MJ/LSD buddies listened to The Shamen album Boss Drum with the classic Terrence McKenna track Re:Evolution, looked into him, and found his writings on DMT. It was unfortunately impossible to find in the area that we lived, so we just threw it on the back burner and went back to the more common psychedelics.

Fast-forward to me being in my 40's and being psyche-sober for almost 2 decades (with the occasional shroom journey and extremely rare MJ use). I also stopped drinking cold-turkey 3 years ago due to some severe liver health implications. On a lark, I looked up DMT and found that not only is it possible for me to home-extract, but it seems relatively safe and simple! Fuck yeah!

So, here I am. I want to learn as much as I can and eventually dive into the goopy spaces between the spaces that I know are available to me via the spice.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 8/22/2022 9:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hey CygnusX-1, welcome to the nexus Smile

I love that track, still listening to it every now and then, 25 years after first hearing it.

You came to the right place, people here will gladly help you extract and safely ingest DMT. It's a wonderful molecule!

Beware though, we'll probably turn you into a mescaline cactus enthusiast within a year or two Very happy

CygnusX-1
#3 Posted : 8/22/2022 9:59:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have taken what I was told was mescaline many years ago. IIRC, I don't recall it having too much of a different effect than regular LSD. There is the distinct possibility that it wasn't what I was told, of course.

Is san pedro the hip thing to do nowadays?

DcVicious
#4 Posted : 10/12/2022 5:30:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I have researched about Peyote and San Pedro is that San Pedro is preferred in cultivation because it grows faster with higher potency than Peyote. Peyote is becoming endangered and once one cultivates it to the point of harvest (can take up to 5-20 years) it seems counterproductive to destroy such a beautiful sacred plant. Other forms involve graphing the two together. It is my perspective that if one intends to use one or the other for extraction purposes San Pedro proves to be the most ethical and efficient of the two. The relationship you would form with cultivating peyote then killing it to harvest a small amount of mescaline would be similar to killing Wilbur!!!
Salvia Divinorum

Fridge
#5 Posted : 10/13/2022 5:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome CygnusX-1 Smile!

I am the living proof that this lovely community can turn you into a cactus enthusiasts Big grin

Maybe check out the cactus experience section, it should give you a good indication what that experience is about (just in case what you enjoyed back in the day wasn't actually Mescaline). I am not sure if it is similar to LSD, because I haven't had the pleasure to try it yet.

If you should look into cacti cultivation/extraction also check out the species Bridgesii as they tend to produce more alkaloids compared to San Pedro and still grow relatively fast.

...but I see you feel DMT's call which is quite a different ride. I hope you'll find everything you need and if any questions arise, you know where to find the answers.

...no need to worry...

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 10/14/2022 9:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Fridge wrote:
I am the living proof that this lovely community can turn you into a cactus enthusiasts

I was assimilated into the cactus collective as well Laughing Some individuals around here have a way of doing that Smile

Have you made it into hyperspace yet? Thoughts?

What made you stop taking psychedelics and what has resparked your interest?

Welcome to the Nexus.

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

CygnusX-1
#7 Posted : 8/13/2023 6:11:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Fridge wrote:
I am the living proof that this lovely community can turn you into a cactus enthusiasts

I was assimilated into the cactus collective as well Laughing Some individuals around here have a way of doing that Smile

Have you made it into hyperspace yet? Thoughts?

What made you stop taking psychedelics and what has resparked your interest?

Welcome to the Nexus.

One love

Apologies for going radio-silent w/r/t these questions. Life got in the way and I had to make some hard choices as to what I would spend my time on. Spice extraction was put on the back-burner.

Regarding hyperspace, I haven't gone there via spice yet. This last year was spent trying more and more meds for my severe depressive issues. Finally I got into a IV ketamine treatment program. As you all probably know, it a dissociative and not a psychedelic, but it incredibly intense all the same. Whether it helped me with my depression is not clear to me yet. Unfortunately I'm leaning more towards "no", although, at the end of my treatment, my DR was wanting to start giving me larger doses. Unfortunately my blood pressure was getting out of hand, so now I need to get treatment for that before I go back. Such is life.

What made me stop taking psychedelics was honestly just getting older. All of my friends who I used to partake with either married and had kids, moved away, or simply disappeared. I always found that using psychedelics to be a social thing. Some of the best experiences of my life were on acid or shrooms with close friends at a rave or a small house party, just smashing our collective energies together. Losing that social aspect removed some of the joy I experienced while partaking.

Further, the realities of aging and becoming more aware of the truth of what's happening in the world (politics, climate change, class inequality) has turned me into a depressed, cynical bastard. The carefree youth I was is dead and won't ever come back. I can't get into the same space I once had. I start tripping and I start going into dark places. I want to try spice to see if a breakthrough experience might be what I am looking for. Can ego-death through the breakthrough experience give me a few moments of mental peace? If so, it's well worth the trouble of learning how to extract.