We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pharma worked. At last! Options

Trickster
#1 Posted : 2/14/2010 6:03:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

SWIM is just coming down from a MASSIVE pharma trip.

This lady has heard lots of glowing reports from pharma trips and was bent on experiencing it. She has very peculiar relationships with mind-manifesting substances. During several initial journeys even heroic doses do not work for her. Scenario has been exactly the same for acid, shrooms, aya and pharma. But once a breakthrough is reached (often at an insanely high dose) there is no need for such high doses in the future. It has been 8 g of dry cubes, 400 mics of acid, 600 g of caapi and this time 380 mg of harmalas + 200 mg of spice of pharmahuasca.

SWIM was tripping with a friend. Same quantities of substances were taken by both participants. Harmalas and spice were dissolved in lemon juce & warm water and taken simultaneously. Onset was slow. Only after 40 min symptoms were clearly felt. The spice came in 2 waves. First part of the trip was deceptively mellow, uneventful and lasted 2 hours. There was a brief bout of nausea but after a visit to the bathroom things were back to normal. At +2h SWIM's friend was still tripping pretty hard but she was almost at baseline and thought of walking back home. She is so damn lucky she didn't! She was thirsty and grabbed her friend's bottle of sparkling water. She drank half a glass and in a few minutes felt a bit dizzy, so she went to her room and lied on a cusion. In ten minutes the nausea was owerpowering and SWIM was tripping as hard as never before. There were moments when she completely blacked out and came to only to puke her guts out. She could've killed herself without any hesitation to stop the torture, but fortunately her body was not functioning. Million times she died, went insane and was reborn. She was 100% sure that that was her last trip either because she will die or because she would never be able to meet the spice again. Now SWIM is not so sure Smile. The second wave lasted more than 2 hours. So the whole trip took more than 4 hours with a 20 min break in the middle.

Going through the steps that led to such a huge overload SWIM thinks she has an explanation. She is pretty sure she can do a decent spice extraction but she is still having problems with rue. Before this last time quality of her harmalas was dubious so MAO inhibition could have been insufficient. Probably that is why doses as high as 300 mg of harmalas and 120 mg of spice did not work. This time she extracted rue very slowly and carefully over a week. Even the taste of harmalas was very different from previous attempts. So it worked much better.

Curiously enough, SWIM's friend said that he could have handled more spice. He weighs 200 pound. That is 60 pound more than she.

Sorry for the poor report. English is not SWIM's native language.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/14/2010 6:32:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

600grams of caapi?...are you kidding?..100 grams of the caapi I have would have me rolling on the floor steeped in visions..i couldnt ever imagine drinking 600 grams..I guess everyone really is that different..nice reportVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 2/14/2010 7:03:09 AM

SWIM

Nice trip report, pretty damn crazy! SWIM is looking forward to exploring pharmahuasca more. He planned a trip for tomorrow but just got called to sub for a friend.

Anyway about the dose for your friend, DMT has a huge range of tolerance. SWIM and his roomie get visual but not incredibly intense trips off of 200mg freebase. whereas many forum member mention 50mg being INCREDIBLY intense, SWIM wouldn't be able to feel anything on 50mg though.

good luck in the future.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

soulfood
#4 Posted : 2/14/2010 7:04:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

That's a swell report and your english is just fine Smile

That's a very strange pattern of events though. I've never been near back to baseline and then peaked back like that. I certainly get waves, but never with such a sharp contrast.

I tell you though, rue is a savage teacher... literally the guy's a savage! I take it that's where you got your harmalas from? Whenever I use rue it's like a bout of vomits and evil demons hell-bent on destroying my soul. They always get sent packing in the end... right after the good guys arrive on the scene. For the past few months I've been experimenting with THH only for my MAO and it's a much more gentle teacher. I defo ready for the vine.

That's a hell of a lot of juice to get the engine started though! I find for myself that if I drink the harmalas and spice seperate by about 20-40 minutes then I need way less. A lot of folk say it's best to take it together, but with me it means I need 2 times as much. This to me explains why when people drink aya ritually some people need the second helping just to get started.

Good luck with future voyages Smile

Trickster
#5 Posted : 2/14/2010 10:35:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

fractal enchantment wrote:
600grams of caapi?...are you kidding?..100 grams of the caapi I have would have me rolling on the floor steeped in visions..i couldnt ever imagine drinking 600 grams..I guess everyone really is that different..nice reportVery happy

Yep. That was SWIM's 8th time. She started at 25 g. Then 50, 80, 125, 200, 250, 350, and finally 600. Before that the vine refused to communicate with her.

The 600 g experience was funny. The tea has been reduced to 400 ml and taken in 2 cups. Nothing but slight nausea and drowsiness at +1h, so the second cup was taken. SWIM felt as if she was falling asleep and she actually did. In 30 min She woke up drenched with cold sweat, her mouth full of puke, about to shit herself. Next moment she was running to the bath trying to keep her bodily fluids from splashing around - not a pretty picture.

Currently her workable, caapi-only dose is 200 - 250 g.

Trickster
#6 Posted : 2/14/2010 11:12:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

soulfood wrote:

That's a very strange pattern of events though. I've never been near back to baseline and then peaked back like that. I certainly get waves, but never with such a sharp contrast.

It was 1AM and SWIM was about to leave. Can't imagine her in the middle of a big cold snow-covered city.

Looks like after the first wave there was a lot of spice splashing around and carbonated mineral water triggered its fast absorption.

soulfood wrote:
I tell you though, rue is a savage teacher... literally the guy's a savage!

SWIM had an extremely challenging fumahuasca experience almost 3 years ago with rue + smoked spice. A very strange thing has happened. A few forum members mentioned that onset of smoked spice experience is much slower while on MAOI. She learned the hard way that it is not so for her. One huge toke from the machine and next second she tries to direct her falling body to the nearby cusion. It hit her much faster than the spice alone.

soulfood wrote:
Whenever I use rue it's like a bout of vomits and evil demons hell-bent on destroying my soul. They always get sent packing in the end... right after the good guys arrive on the scene.

SWIM totally agree.

soulfood wrote:
For the past few months I've been experimenting with THH only for my MAO and it's a much more gentle teacher. I defo ready for the vine.

THH is in the mail.

soulfood wrote:
That's a hell of a lot of juice to get the engine started though! I find for myself that if I drink the harmalas and spice seperate by about 20-40 minutes then I need way less. A lot of folk say it's best to take it together, but with me it means I need 2 times as much. This to me explains why when people drink aya ritually some people need the second helping just to get started.

Yep. 200 mg of freebase would be enough for 6 powerful smoked spice experiences.

Before this epic trip SWIM's taken spice at +30 min and at +1h and didn't feel much. Although it may have coincided with weak rue extract. So the issue is still open for her.

Years ago after a number of experiments with aya SWIM's found out that for her +25 min is ideal.

Trickster
#7 Posted : 2/14/2010 11:23:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Dagger wrote:
"Trickster" wrote:
Currently her workable, caapi-only dose is 200 - 250 g.

Strange, when 380 mg of harmalas worked for you. What kind of harmalas was it?

Pretty clean rue extract, i.e. Harmine+harmaline.

Dagger wrote:
If it was pure harmine, that would be about 50g of decent caapi.

I'd say 200g of good caapi is about 1600mg of harmine in strength.

Could your caapi be weak?

Could be. SWIM can't check. Its gone. Part of it was from Amazonhealing and another part from Maya. At that time she was out of vine so she combined leftovers of 2 batches.

mumbles
#8 Posted : 2/15/2010 2:33:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like swiy had weak vine which is really a good thing looking at those crazy quantities =p nice trip report though.

shufflelot
#9 Posted : 2/15/2010 9:33:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

interesting I see some strong similarities from a recent rue/dmt extract experiment 340mg rue and 210 mg of dmt, first hour and half quite weak, then a nice wave after eating some toast (not sure if its related) and then a second wave couple hours in (after eating some popcorn) that kicked my ass, high body temp, very painful, violent vomit, short blackouts and so on.

might explore rue alternatives

Trickster
#10 Posted : 2/15/2010 11:06:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

shufflelot wrote:
..... a second wave couple hours in (after eating some popcorn) that kicked my ass, high body temp, very painful, violent vomit, short blackouts and so on.

might explore rue alternatives

Wow!

That is word for word SWIM's experience! Timing is also the same.

Trickster
#11 Posted : 2/15/2010 11:18:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

mumbles wrote:
Sounds like swiy had weak vine ...

That was rue. And yes, it may have been weak due to some glitches in the tek.

Espiridion
#12 Posted : 2/16/2010 9:40:02 PM

--who.??..ME??--

....I have experienced the 'second wind' before after drinking water as well. It was not sparkling, though. Just plain filtered water. It seemed to 'kick in' digestion. I truly believe that Jorkest's advice on taking Aya on an empty stomach and then eating buttered toast afterwards is worthwhile. Not only does it stimulate digestion from excitation of the tastebuds and obviously the stomach, but the fats in butter aid in absorption through the stomach lining. Things like carbonated water and alcohol(though I would NOT recommend alcohol) help speed absorption.

I will always remind others of the 'harsh' nature of Syrian Rue. It lacks the 'love' and 'healing' that Caapi offers with the substitution of THH for Harmaline. Rue is cold and stoning and while I have seeds a'plenty, I just don't use them. I prefer sublingual caapi extract and lately, sublingual spice.

Namaste,

Espiridion
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

joebono
#13 Posted : 2/16/2010 10:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espiridion wrote:
....I have experienced the 'second wind' before after drinking water as well. It was not sparkling, though. Just plain filtered water. It seemed to 'kick in' digestion. I truly believe that Jorkest's advice on taking Aya on an empty stomach and then eating buttered toast afterwards is worthwhile. Not only does it stimulate digestion from excitation of the tastebuds and obviously the stomach, but the fats in butter aid in absorption through the stomach lining. Things like carbonated water and alcohol(though I would NOT recommend alcohol) help speed absorption.

I will always remind others of the 'harsh' nature of Syrian Rue. It lacks the 'love' and 'healing' that Caapi offers with the substitution of THH for Harmaline. Rue is cold and stoning and while I have seeds a'plenty, I just don't use them. I prefer sublingual caapi extract and lately, sublingual spice.

Namaste,

Espiridion

You are so right on both counts, Espiridion, many people experience the DMT waves after eating something fatty during a trip and caapi is truly magical.

I think that nowadays I get the DMT waves without eating but I remember the first time it happened. I thought my trip was over and I had a bagel with butter. I remember laying on my couch and was suddenly pounded by the map of hyperspace superimposed on the ceiling of my living room. Next the wah-wah-wah sound engulfed me and soon I was peaking again!

mumbles
#14 Posted : 2/17/2010 1:23:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Espiridion wrote:
I'm sure if caapi wasn't traditionally used somewhere no one would be making such comments. Romantic myths are getting in the way people.

joebono
#15 Posted : 2/17/2010 1:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
Espiridion wrote:
I'm sure if caapi wasn't traditionally used somewhere no one would be making such comments. Romantic myths are getting in the way people.

I used rue extracts for over a year and recently had my first experience with caapi and oral DMT. The differences between the two are distinct and powerful. Caapi is a loving plant. It infuses the trip with waves of purple and pink euphoria and lends a warm aura to the trip. Don't get me wrong, syrian rue is great too, but it is a distant second to caapi. I would NEVER ingest rue again if caapi were available. Experiences are subjective, but most never look back at rue after caapi - it's that awesome.

ragabr
#16 Posted : 2/17/2010 2:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's experience fits with joebono. She learned to use rue extract so that she could journey on analogue-huasca more comfortably without the purge. Then she tried Caapi extract by itself, and Ayahuasca revealed an entirely new head space and Goddess of the Vine. She and I now regret having ever referred to mixtures that did not involve the vine as ayahuasca.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

shoe
#17 Posted : 2/21/2010 11:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll have to throw my 2 cents in here, lastnight SWIM took ~200mg harmalas and ~25mg DMT fumarate and felt nothing. Im kind of glad because im not sure tripping was actualy the right thing to do on that night, my g/f had a headache and went to bed fairly rapidly. Anyway, So, I wonder whether its anything to do with SWIM ?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

soulfood
#18 Posted : 2/21/2010 11:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you take them simeltaneously or offset?

25mg's for some people does nothing at all. My standard dose is 50. 30 seems to be threshold. Maybe you could try 50mg's next time, or if you took the alkaloids as a mix try having the DMT 30 minutes after the harmala.

shoe
#19 Posted : 2/21/2010 11:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strange you should say that, it was 30 minuites exactly. I thought when I felt a strange headrushy sort of sensation that the harmalas had kicked in.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

soulfood
#20 Posted : 2/21/2010 11:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The harmalas probably did. I think most folk have similar tolerence to harmalas, but it's the DMT that varies so widely.

12NEXT