We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
Q21Q21 Vinegar + Lime A/B/A (xylene/limonene) and A/B (naptha) Teks Options

Xt
#81 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:03:19 PM

Big Inhale wrote:
maxzar100 wrote:
Also, my friend, Would it be safe to use a double boiler on the gas stove for the naptha process? I am worried that I would not be able to keep the naptha hot enough.

I am using some pyrex bowls, and they can sit on top of each other, acting as a crude double boiler, but how often should I change the water for maxmum yield? Should I wait till the top bowl heats up before adding the naptha?

What methods do you use to heat up the naptha before using it?

Much thanks,
mzar
NO NO NO NO GAS STOVE AND NAPTHA THIS IS A RECIPE FOR A DISASTER KEEP GAS FUMES AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME

Quoted for safety.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#82 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:07:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

fractal enchantment wrote:
q21q21 wrote:
maxzar100 wrote:
Also, my friend, Would it be safe to use a double boiler on the gas stove for the naptha process? I am worried that I would not be able to keep the naptha hot enough.

I am using some pyrex bowls, and they can sit on top of each other, acting as a crude double boiler, but how often should I change the water for maxmum yield? Should I wait till the top bowl heats up before adding the naptha?

Much thanks,
mzar

SWIM is about to edit the tek to mention some alternatives, this is the second time he's heard of the double boiler idea, once was mentioning as very nice yield using a double boiling.

Using a double boiler would work just fine, any method to keep the bark at a luke-warm 30-40C would be fine, just don't directly heat the naptha please Very happy

THis is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD fuckign advice..NEVER tell someone to boil naptha over a gas stove..NEVER! NEVER FUCKING EVER! are you crazy?

Maxzar could have killed himself thanks to this advice...luckily he didn't and will just have to deal with a funky-ass hairdo, but WHAT THE FUCK is this advice? This is not cool man, not cool at all.
Wiki β€’ Attitude β€’ FAQ
The Nexian β€’ Nexus Research β€’ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם Χ–Χ” Χ™Χ’Χ‘Χ•Χ¨

Entropymancer
#83 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:17:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Big Inhale wrote:
maxzar100 wrote:

Much thanks,
mzar
NO NO NO NO GAS STOVE AND NAPTHA THIS IS A RECIPE FOR A DISASTER KEEP GAS FUMES AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME

Quoted for truth. It was VERY dangerous and VERY VERY irresponsible of q21 to say that this was ok. It's not!!!

q21q21
#84 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:20:01 PM

SWIM

Shit, totally missed the GAS part.

Though if done carefully at the lowest heat and turned off before removing the bowl would give pretty much no likelihood of ignition.

SWIM is somewhat of a daredevil, he'd do it on a gas stove if he felt the need.... Sorry guys.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Entropymancer
#85 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:21:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

q21q21 wrote:
Shit, totally missed the GAS part.

Though if done carefully at the lowest heat and turned off before removing the bowl would give pretty much no likelihood of ignition.

SWIM is somewhat of a daredevil, he'd do it on a gas stove if he felt the need.... Sorry guys.

Dude, what part of "naphtha gives off fumes" don't you understand?!? Do NOT heat naphtha in proximity to any possible spark sources!

That's some seriously dangerous advice. Max is lucky to have only lost some hair and not his entire home!

The gas stove part makes it more dangerous, but this is NOT safe to do on an electric range either!!!!

You need to think about what you post before you get someone killed.

maxzar100
#86 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:40:04 PM

Earth Child

I am happy that I am still alive today, thanks for the tek anyways q21q21 I hope to try it again maybe tonight if I feel up to it, but please edit those posts right away, so this won't happen to anyone ever again.

Much thanks to all of you for caring about this ignoramus (myself). I will be much more careful in the future.

Maxzar
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

maxzar100
#87 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:52:33 PM

Earth Child

yes, I unfortunately did not see the NO NO NO dont use naptha with gas warning....I need to read more carefully..
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Blundering_Novice
#88 Posted : 4/10/2010 3:26:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any forseeable issues with using a crock pot instead of repeatedly pouring fresh hot water in the 2nd bowl?

Blundering_Novice
#89 Posted : 4/10/2010 4:03:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jamie ONeil wrote:
You can get pickling lime from Mrs. Wages for only $3.90 a bag (with 454grams in it) at
http://store.mrswagesstore.com/pickles.html

SWIM has never done another tek - just this one. It works well. The only issue SWIM had was conversion difficulty. She converted measurements wrong and ended up with only a .05% yield on a kilo. SWIM thought it was lesser quality product, but on re-checking, realized it was her poor math skills. Rolling eyes

Live and learn.

Thanks so much for this tek.

SWIM heard that the good Mrs. Wages can be found at just about any Wal-Mart in the USA in the *housewares* section. Alongside the pickle salt stuff. 2.50 a lb.

q21q21
#90 Posted : 4/19/2010 9:04:48 PM

SWIM

SWIM has completely re-ordered the tek to focus on the limonene/xylene tek and added lots of info.

Cheers
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Miss Demenor
#91 Posted : 4/21/2010 1:20:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

At last! Now I understand.
Thank you Q21Q21, this changes everything. What is cool is that you get white, yello, AND jim jam!
You are the man. (Unless your female...)
You go!!!
Now if there was such an easy tech for 5-MeO....
With great love,
Miss Demenor.

Blundering_Novice
#92 Posted : 4/21/2010 9:31:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

caktalfraktal wrote:
hey there q21^2, thank you for the tek, just wondering why you prefer xylene and limonene over naptha?

Thanks again, Good work on the tek! I know that alot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to do this can now, with your help with this wonderful method!

Peace and love

He prefers xylene and limo because they pull a wider range of alkaloids. Naptha just pulls N,N-DMT alone.

q21q21
#93 Posted : 4/21/2010 10:37:11 AM

SWIM

caktalfraktal wrote:
hey there q21^2, thank you for the tek, just wondering why you prefer xylene and limonene over naptha?

Thanks again, Good work on the tek! I know that alot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to do this can now, with your help with this wonderful method!

Peace and love

There are several reasons:

Higher yield simply because different but equally potent products are extracted. SWIM has not gotten to measure an entire yield due to WAY too much experimenting in the extraction process, but 1.5-2% is probably quite possible, while he's never gotten greater than 1% with naptha.

Xylene is cheaper than naptha

No solvent-heating is needed. SWIM hates heating solvents (don't know who would like it...)

It's faster. SWIM got 1.3% yield on his scale in 2 hours. First pull, Seriously.
Then he just dissolved it in a bit of vinegar and had a beautiful dark crimson tincture.

The alkaloids can be later separated very easily, it is very interesting to try the different "spices" to compare. They all have totally different personalities, white DMT's is great, but the others have a lot to say too.

The naptha tek seems to have been finished. It's as basic and simple as it can be (SWIM thinks) and SWIM's loving perfecting this tek Very happy

That's all he's got right now, Very happy

Cheers

Blundering_Novice
#94 Posted : 4/21/2010 11:02:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Q21, based on this new information and approach, maybe you could speak more on the differences between xylene and limonene. I've read that each pulls a somewhat different profile of alks. What is the sum of your experience in the xylene vs limo area?

caktalfraktal
#95 Posted : 4/21/2010 11:19:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

It's faster. SWIM got 1.3% yield on his scale in 2 hours. First pull, Seriously.

wow! that's fantastic compared to the naptha. Worth looking into further Very happy

thanks again!! you've really done the community a favor!

q21q21
#96 Posted : 4/21/2010 5:03:16 PM

SWIM

Blundering_Novice wrote:
Q21, based on this new information and approach, maybe you could speak more on the differences between xylene and limonene. I've read that each pulls a somewhat different profile of alks. What is the sum of your experience in the xylene vs limo area?

They are very close. SWIM is down to his last 200ml or so of limonene and since xylene is 18 bucks a gallon he's going to do most of his extractions with xylene.

He's found that the xylene is slightly better for dissolving, but this may be that he didn't soak it for days, and he's so stingy with his limonene it may just be his imagination.

Either one will work JUST FINE though.

Entropymancer
#97 Posted : 4/22/2010 2:50:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21Q21: Someone just pointed out to me that your tek recommends using Ziplock bags with d-limonene.

Yet again, this is a VERY unsafe recommendation. The MSDS says explicitly "Do not store in plastic"... the implication being that it leaches material from most plastics. Further, many malleable plastics contain plasticizers which would be keen to be leached out by nonpolar solvents.

Unless you can produce a convincing argument why limonene should be considered safe to use in ziplocks, I'd respectfully suggest you edit your tek to omit them.

q21q21
#98 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:21:51 PM

SWIM

1: SWIM has done this nearly a hundred times and even left the solvent in a bag for over a week without effect on the bag, the yield or the solvent.

2:In one instance when alkaloids come in contact with limonene containing dissolved plastic they form a seemingly unbreakable salt that SWIM could not do anything with by throw out. Since there is no evaporation of the limonene in the tek there shouldn't be any worry about the contamination of the product.

Here is SWIM's test in which he discovered that

https://dmt-nexus.me/for....aspx?g=posts&t=8384

For your peace of mind the tek will be edited with a caution, but SWIM has done this so many times without any effects he's not going to remove this super-easy technique from his tek.

Infundibulum
#99 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:42:23 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

q21q21 wrote:
1: SWIM has done this nearly a hundred times and even left the solvent in a bag for over a week without effect on the bag, the yield or the solvent.

2:In one instance when alkaloids come in contact with limonene containing dissolved plastic they form a seemingly unbreakable salt that SWIM could not do anything with by throw out. Since there is no evaporation of the limonene in the tek there shouldn't be any worry about the contamination of the product.

Here is SWIM's test in which he discovered that

https://dmt-nexus.me/for....aspx?g=posts&t=8384

For your peace of mind the tek will be edited with a caution, but SWIM has done this so many times without any effects he's not going to remove this super-easy technique from his tek.

This is really not convincing at all. Your eyes are not an analytical tool.

I really do not care how many times you've done it and whether your plastic ziploc is fine. And this is because damage to the plastic is one thing, and leaking of contaminants from the plastic to the limonene is another. The latter you wouldn't be able to see without some rigorous analytical procedures.

So, just to recap. Plastics very often contain additional substances to give them their properties. I will not go into details but just ask yourself this; even if polyethyle per se may not leak into the limonene or other solvents, how are you sure that other constituents of the plastic matrix do not leak?

FYI, leaking of Bisphenol A, a plastifier compound used in polycarbonate plastic bottles (the ones commonly used for water or other drinks) has estrogenic activity and has been deemed unsafe for humans. One reason very hot liquids should not be used in plastic water bottles is for minimising leaking of Bisphenol A into the water.

So....please revise your tek and exercise more caution in the future.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Miss Demenor
#100 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:27:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quick questions for Q21Q21,

"How warm is warm?" Room temp? C/F?

) think I can figure out hot "hot" is.)

Lime/MHRB can be dried out and it is better for the d-limo soak?

Also, most importantly...

SWIM did not add vinegar, I feel stupid now.
(You stated that this step could be skipped, but you would just get a better yield.)
SWIM added 60 G. lime to 100 G MHRB and 300 ml. water.
(Way to much, should have used 200 ml. I know. Left to evaporate over 1 week! Got confused with ron69 tech.)
Soaked and stirred in 200 ml. d-limonene for 2 days now and the d-limo is almost clear, just a slight "tinge" of brown I think.

Is this ok??? Will I still get a (Diminished)yield?

I am getting ready for the vinegar 5 minute shaking/separations.
I know I should have soaked in vinegar, but will it still work?
Thanks for the tek, simplicity at its best!
Sincerely,
Miss Demenor.

«PREV3456NEXT