We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
Prop 19, Legal Cannabis? Options

burnt
#81 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:05:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The really sad part about all this is that a portion of the opposition came from those who abuse the medical marijuana laws to make TONS of money. Friends I know in California were saying that big growers and dealers were the ones against this along with the beer industry and the usual players (ignorant morons politicians you know who). Yet again greed trumps a chance to make a difference.

The other sad part is the rights of really sick patients are put in danger by this. Many people know that medical marijuana laws are often a loophole for recreational drug use. Therefore many states use that as an excuse to not allow medical marijuana initiatives and when they are passed they are so strict its hard to manage. What gets lost in all this is that there are really sick people who need medical cannabis.

In order to make research easier and to separate the confusing issue of recreational and medical use you need a law like prop19 even if its not perfect. But selfishness, stupidity, short sitedness, greed, and ignorance again trump reason and progress.

Fuck california and fuck america. Sorry I'm bitter about this and well the election in general.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BananaForeskin
#82 Posted : 11/3/2010 9:17:29 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

It's over, guys. No Prop 19 this election year : (
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

obliguhl
#83 Posted : 11/3/2010 10:25:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KwisatzHaderach
#84 Posted : 11/3/2010 2:04:26 PM

everything is becoming

burnt wrote:
The really sad part about all this is that a portion of the opposition came from those who abuse the medical marijuana laws to make TONS of money. Friends I know in California were saying that big growers and dealers were the ones against this along with the beer industry and the usual players (ignorant morons politicians you know who). Yet again greed trumps a chance to make a difference.

The other sad part is the rights of really sick patients are put in danger by this. Many people know that medical marijuana laws are often a loophole for recreational drug use. Therefore many states use that as an excuse to not allow medical marijuana initiatives and when they are passed they are so strict its hard to manage. What gets lost in all this is that there are really sick people who need medical cannabis.

In order to make research easier and to separate the confusing issue of recreational and medical use you need a law like prop19 even if its not perfect. But selfishness, stupidity, short sitedness, greed, and ignorance again trump reason and progress.

Fuck california and fuck america. Sorry I'm bitter about this and well the election in general.

Quoted for truth. There's nothing more I can even add to this besides my frustration! Well said though.
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

burnt
#85 Posted : 11/3/2010 2:07:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I guess on the bright side at least it made it this far. Its not like everyone is going to give up. Next time the law should have more momentum. The discussion has finally at least become mainstream.

The real frustrating part is how slow its going and how many peoples lives are ruined daily by the drug war. Reversing 40 years of the drug war is not as easy as it should be. To me this is the biggest disgrace. I hate Nixon.

jimm
#86 Posted : 11/3/2010 5:24:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turns out it was 11 counties at 42%, if just a couple more big counties had voted yes it would have won. Ive been med since '05 so its like it won 5 years ago for me. nothing changes...life is good.

burnt
#87 Posted : 11/3/2010 5:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
turns out it was 11 counties at 42%, if just a couple more big counties had voted yes it would have won. Ive been med since '05 so its like it won 5 years ago for me. nothing changes...life is good.

Thats easy to say when your not in jail on probation or otherwise being screwed over by the war on drugs. I'm glad people in Cali have it so easy its just too bad its not the same everywhere.

eclipsek20
#88 Posted : 11/3/2010 5:47:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a documentary about this subject that I found interesting.

The Business Behind Getting High

jimm
#89 Posted : 11/3/2010 6:42:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

there are 14 states with medical dude, Cali isnt the only place. nearly a third of the US is medical. If your on probation its because you werent proactive enough to move to a cool state, its on you dude.

Shaolin
#90 Posted : 11/3/2010 6:46:30 PM

Stiletto Stoner

jimm wrote:

How much (%) was it in 05 ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

jimm
#91 Posted : 11/3/2010 7:03:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

huh? nothing happened in 05 as far as the law.

Prop 15 was passed in 1996 with 56% yes vote with more than 27 counties voting yes, so the opportunity has been calling you from way back, theres no reason to whine folks.

jimm
#92 Posted : 11/3/2010 7:12:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

and if your thinking of moving to a place like the bay, I can tell you if you plan on visiting every dispensary in the bay its a full time job.

"Candy Land"

MySmelf
#93 Posted : 11/3/2010 7:57:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical in Cali is not legalization. Having to fake sick, make up illnesses or excuses to get high is disgraceful! It should be legal! Fuck the dispensaries!!
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

jimm
#94 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:46:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

look dude you dont know what your talking about. prop 19 was not legalization either.

legalization requires removal from federal scheduling. Thats not gonna happen.

You cant fake sick. to get a medical card you have to have a prior medical history showing things like pain, migraines, cancer such and so forth.

(f) "Qualified patient" means a person who is entitled to the
protections of Section 11362.5, but who does not have an
identification card issued pursuant to this article.
(g) "Identification card" means a document issued by the State
Department of Health Services that document identifies a person
authorized to engage in the medical use of marijuana and the person's
designated primary caregiver, if any.
(h) "Serious medical condition" means all of the following medical
conditions:
(1) Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
(2) Anorexia.
(3) Arthritis.
(4) Cachexia.
(5) Cancer.
(6) Chronic pain.
(7) Glaucoma.
(Cool Migraine.
(9) Persistent muscle spasms, including, but not limited to,
spasms associated with multiple sclerosis.
(10) Seizures, including, but not limited to, seizures associated
with epilepsy.
(11) Severe nausea.
(12) Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that either:
(A) Substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one
or more major life activities as defined in the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-336).
(B) If not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient's
safety or physical or mental health.
(i) "Written documentation" means accurate reproductions of those
portions of a patient's medical records that have been created by the
attending physician, that contain the information required by
paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.715, and that the
patient may submit to a county health department or the county's
designee as part of an application for an identification card.

Chronic pain covers many things, so if you ever broken a bone, then you would qualify.

fuck dispensaries?

I can tell you have never been to one. Youd never say that if you had.

Bill Cipher
#95 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimm - I don't understand your motivations, but I find you to be a trolling annoyance who gets off on antagonizing others. If you have nothing substantive to offer up to the conversation in general (and it really appears that you don't, other than I got mine and it's on you, dude), I cordially invite you to leave it alone or take it to another forum.

To the rest - try not to think of this as defeat, but rather one more in a series of small but necessary steps required to bring the debate onto the mainstream stage. The bill will be back in 2012 - and eventually, it will pass.

jimm
#96 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:56:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

just stating the facts, most of you thought you were gonna get something that was really nothing and have no idea whats really going on.

I already said Im not in cali, so really "I dont have mine"

all I can say is come and see, come and see...

Bill Cipher
#97 Posted : 11/3/2010 9:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You said that you were done posting in this thread two weeks and 15 posts ago. You're getting off on firing people up and it's really not appreciated. Get a clue, move along already, or enjoy a forced vacation. I really don't plan on saying it again, and I'd be happy to see you go.

jimm
#98 Posted : 11/3/2010 9:04:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did say that but people kept talking to me by name so I replied.

Firing people up by posting law, fact, statistics?

If thats a problem then Ill be glad to take a forced vacation.

Bill Cipher
#99 Posted : 11/3/2010 9:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asked for and received.

obliguhl
#100 Posted : 11/3/2010 9:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These discussions should be done in private. I don't want to read about members calling other members assholes. Especially if they are appointed role models. Thank you.

«PREV3456NEXT