We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
I need lotsa help............ Options

geeg30
#61 Posted : 4/21/2009 3:02:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You pour the naptha away but there is still some residual naptha wetness in the container which you need to try and quickly dry before the residual naptha heats up and starts to redissolve your spice.
I suppose it depends on what container you use to freeze precip? Swim uses a jar/bottle with a tight fitting lid so that no naptha aromas attach themselves to whatever food is in the freezer - swims wife wouldn't be very happy with naptha tainted food.

Plus swim has a good few litres of acetone spare (when he's not extracting Salvinorin) and as I say it's just swim's method of collecting spice without much hassle i.e acetone into the jar , a quick swirl about and straight into the evap dish - no scraping crystals out of the jar, no trying to get the spice out of the filter.

Swim also uses a small amount of acetone to clean the evap dish once most of the crystals have been collected, after a good few extractions he has enough for another evap
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tolu
#62 Posted : 4/21/2009 6:35:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
You pour the naptha away but there is still some residual naptha wetness in the container which you need to try and quickly dry before the residual naptha heats up and starts to redissolve your spice.

Ahh! I see, makes sense now, I made the assumption you were using a baking dish!

geeg30 wrote:
I suppose it depends on what container you use to freeze precip? Swim uses a jar/bottle with a tight fitting lid so that no naptha aromas attach themselves to whatever food is in the freezer - swims wife wouldn't be very happy with naptha tainted food.

That's very true. My friend used large, flat pyrex baking dishes and didn't have a redissolving problem when he used to freeze precipitate.
Perhaps where you are the temperature is warmer too, so it redissolves easier?
Quite cold where my friend is when he does his.

My friend find filters pointless too. He just poured his straight into a different container and put the dish under a fan to completely dry out for the last few minutes when he used to freeze precipitate.

geeg30
#63 Posted : 4/22/2009 12:27:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tolu wrote:

Perhaps where you are the temperature is warmer too, so it redissolves easier?
Quite cold where my friend is when he does his.

Laughing Swim lives in Scotland where it is neither warm nor dry - although swim's house is like an oven due to small children needing to be kept warm. However swim uses the acetone mainly because he can't be bothered trying to dry the crystals and scrape the inside of the jar to get the crystals out but he does use a pyrex dish to evap the acetone, sometimes with a fan if he's in a hurry. Its the easiest method for swim

tolu
#64 Posted : 4/22/2009 8:52:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:

Laughing Swim lives in Scotland where it is neither warm nor dry - although swim's house is like an oven due to small children needing to be kept warm. However swim uses the acetone mainly because he can't be bothered trying to dry the crystals and scrape the inside of the jar to get the crystals out but he does use a pyrex dish to evap the acetone, sometimes with a fan if he's in a hurry. Its the easiest method for swim

Yeah, it sounds good.
Does swiy order acetone online?

geeg30
#65 Posted : 4/22/2009 11:58:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim got his acetone from ebay at quite a reasonable price

«PREV234