We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations etc
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, but I'm not interested in participating in it's organization. 17 22 %
Yes, and I'm interested in participating in getting it going. 28 36 %
I'll post my knowledge there, but organize it yourself, nexus. 2 2 %
I'm not interested at all, period; do what you all desire. 4 5 %
No subforum, rely solely upon the search function, or "other psychoactives" 10 13 %
I am a mod or senior member who votes "Yes" 4 5 %
I'm a mod or senior member who votes "No" 7 9 %
I am the Traveler and I've decided one way or the other. 4 5 %

PREV12345NEXT
Should we have a Cannabis subforum? (Generic, Cultivation, Preparations, Exp. reports) Options

hug46
#41 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reflection wrote:
I VOTE NO.

My reason being that I am hear solely for DMT knowledge and to share experiences.
I don't smoke cannabis, I use to smoke but grew out of it and have no desire of doing it / talking about it.

Yes I could just avoid that area of the forum but I don't think the DMT-NEXUS should open that door.
Once that door is open it will attract a lot more people and eyes and before we know it, are family of nexans will be lost for good.

I don"t get this argument. If the forum is solely for DMT discussions shouldn"t we do away with the Humour and fun section, or the travelling section, or the music/art literature section?
I don"t see the harm in discussing marijuana . I cannot see it attracting anymore negative attention than discussing a schedule 1 substance.

I suppose a beers/wines/spirits sub-forum is out of the question?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#42 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
i accidentally pressed the wrong button, sorry, i am in favour but i am not the Traveler.

Hmm... maybe this makes you the new Traveler? Or maybe this invokes a battle to the death, and the victor is awarded the position of Traveler. You have laid down the gauntlet, hug, and there's no way out but forward!
Be an adult only when necessary.

hug46
#43 Posted : 3/19/2014 5:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:

Hmm... maybe this makes you the new Traveler? Or maybe this invokes a battle to the death, and the victor is awarded the position of Traveler. You have laid down the gauntlet, hug, and there's no way out but forward!

Mr P, how do you not know that i am not the Traveler in disguise? Hug46 could be a ruse. An alter ego designed by his highness in order to vent certain inept and crass observations. Why do you think that i never get a bollocking for swearing? I am an incarnation of the many headed beast.

anrchy
#44 Posted : 3/19/2014 8:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to change my vote from yes to I am the traveler.

I am curious as to the Travelers opinion on this. The way it seems to me is that any topic, once it has reached a large number of threads, will have to eventually have its own location. I am not sure if there are any forums out there in internet space that are as organized as this one.

I dont really see the point in choosing certain topics that will not be placed in an organized location.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

ymer
#45 Posted : 3/19/2014 9:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I say no.

anrchy
#46 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
I say no.

It would be a lot more helpful if you expanded more on your reasons as to why you feel this way. There doesn't seem to be very many feasible reasons for not doing this.

If I wasn't on my phone it would be easier to document the the reasons for yay and nay into a post to keep it updated. Maybe OP can do this in the original post.

hug46
#47 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

I am curious as to the Travelers opinion on this.

I have already given my opinion on the matter.

Cosmic Spore
#48 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:28:33 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

hug46 wrote:
anrchy wrote:

I am curious as to the Travelers opinion on this.

I have already given my opinion on the matter.

Closer to true than perhaps you knew beforehand.

22:26:46 ‹CS›I do hope you will weigh in about the proposed Cannabis subforum, though
22:27:09 ‹The Traveler›Ah yes, when I have time I will pick that up.
22:27:18 ‹CS›thank you sir

a1pha
#49 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:32:16 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

^ Excellent getting the files on the Nexus server versus Dropbox. Thank you.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Pup Tentacle
#50 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:59:12 PM

lettuce

I voted yes.

Not only am I fond of the stuff but I sure wouldn't mind seeing a grown up crowd discussing it. There's no better place than the Nexus. You won't find a more respectful, learned, and even-keeled forum anywhere else.

9 out of 10 stoners agree....Drool

Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

imPsimon
#51 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:17:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a no from me.
To me this is a forum about "psychedelics".
I don't think its about attracting "the wrong people" but more about
the "wrong information".

Why would a motorcycle forum create a boat section?

...I just don't want to read about "boats"...

hug46
#52 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:28:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:

A motorcycle forum might have a sub forum on jetskis. Maybe cannabis is the jetski of the psychedelic world.

imPsimon
#53 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:42:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
imPsimon wrote:

A motorcycle forum might have a sub forum on jetskis. Maybe cannabis is the jetski of the psychedelic world.

Yes maybe and I'm not saying it's wrong.
I just don't want it personally.

To me it's like making a sub forum for alcohol, opiates or stimulants......or boats.

Cosmic Spore
#54 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:53:06 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

imPsimon wrote:
It's a no from me.
To me this is a forum about "psychedelics".
I don't think its about attracting "the wrong people" but more about
the "wrong information".

nobody had an issue with any of the other subforums:

Cacti
Iboga
Harmalas
Mushrooms
LSD,LSA,LSH
Salvia divinorum
Bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT

and look how well they fit in, with no "boat" complaints.

also:
Cosmic Spore wrote:
22:26:46 ‹CS›I do hope you will weigh in about the proposed Cannabis subforum, though
22:27:09 ‹The Traveler›Ah yes, when I have time I will pick that up.
22:27:18 ‹CS›thank you sir

anrchy
#55 Posted : 3/19/2014 11:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
hug46 wrote:
imPsimon wrote:

Yes maybe and I'm not saying it's wrong.
I just don't want it personally.

To me it's like making a sub forum for alcohol, opiates or stimulants......or boats.

I don't see the connection. This is more like a vehicle forum creating a section for each type of vehicle that generates lots of threads.

Alcohol can hardly be used to extend ones mind. Although I am sure someone would attempt to argue this. THC can be psychedelic. When eaten it very much so has a psychedelic attribute to it. Not only that I have read more than one post by many members that claim cannabis being even more psychedelic after having done DMT. Myself included.

Your reason seems unfounded to me.

universecannon
#56 Posted : 3/20/2014 12:27:32 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Psimon, like dreamer and I said earlier, just because one doesn't personally use it as a psychedelic (or has "x" opinion of it) doesn't mean it is not used as a psychedelic by many other people.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dreamer042
#57 Posted : 3/20/2014 12:42:42 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

imPsimon wrote:

If said motorcycle forum had hundreds of posts on boats filling up the section on dirtbikes, and the section on bullet bikes, and the section on road bikes, and the section on harley's, and the section on racing, and the section on Sturgis etc... and this forum also was also looking at receiving dozens more boat posts every month that would further fill up the various motorcycle sections with unrelated boat posts.

Then why wouldn't the motorcycle forum create a boat section to keep all the hundreds of boat posts in a nice neat little boat section rather in every single section of the motorcycle forum?

Don't you see that by voting no you doom yourself to having dig through posts about boats to read posts about motorcycles, when instead you could just read about motorcycles in the various motorcycle sections and ignore the boat section entirely?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

cave paintings
#58 Posted : 3/20/2014 12:46:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted yes. I think Cannabis is a psychedelic, has uses for introspection/mind expansion, and is used by so many people, that it seems appropriate. I also enjoy the mature crowd here, and worried for a moment that it would become grasscity or 420whatever, but I think that those who populate such forums won't suddenly flood in if we open a subforum. . Unless of course we make some killer, new, hash wax extraction tek Laughing I would also like to hear this crowd's opinions regarding the plant and experience, as it would likely be more productive/challenging than other forums which might be more insulated with regard to opinions.
I've been quite enjoying cosmic spore's compilation of studies on it's medicinal properties as well. I think a fair portion of DMT users also use cannabis in conjunction with DMT, or regularly enough that it would be a factor in their DMT experience, and would be relevant to the forum.
Living to Give

universecannon
#59 Posted : 3/20/2014 1:30:17 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

cave paintings wrote:
I voted yes. I think Cannabis is a psychedelic, has uses for introspection/mind expansion, and is used by so many people, that it seems appropriate. I also enjoy the mature crowd here, and worried for a moment that it would become grasscity or 420whatever, but I think that those who populate such forums won't suddenly flood in if we open a subforum. . Unless of course we make some killer, new, hash wax extraction tek Laughing I would also like to hear this crowd's opinions regarding the plant and experience, as it would likely be more productive/challenging than other forums which might be more insulated with regard to opinions.
I've been quite enjoying cosmic spore's compilation of studies on it's medicinal properties as well. I think a fair portion of DMT users also use cannabis in conjunction with DMT, or regularly enough that it would be a factor in their DMT experience, and would be relevant to the forum.

Cannabis was the first one to take me to those hyperspatial realms, so I guess I'm biased in this regard. It's always been very psychedelic for me, which is both a blessing and a curse Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Mr.Peabody
#60 Posted : 3/20/2014 4:15:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Psimon, like dreamer and I said earlier, just because one doesn't personally use it as a psychedelic (or has "x" opinion of it) doesn't mean it is not used as a psychedelic by many other people.

I agree. It is very psychedelic for me, takes me many places I have traveled with shrooms and DMT, and usually with a kinder gentler ride. It may not work like that for everyone, but my advice to anyone who says it's not psychedelic is to SMOKE MORE, until it is!Big grin

And, if we have a thread compiling all of the cannabis threads already here (well, maybe not totally complete, but a great start if nothing else), then isn't the work nearly done? Isn't the only real difference, between now and post-cannabis-subforum-Nexus, that all of those already cataloged threads would need to simply be moved into a sub-forum with "Cannabis" on its title? How is this actually an issue?
Be an adult only when necessary.

PREV12345NEXT