We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1819202122NEXT»
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

Aquarius
#381 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PH was uncertain, SWIM just continued to add the lye solution until the base was blsck.
As a rule of the thumb 10% of LYE to the base seems to do the job.
Eg 1000ml AC solution need 100gm of lye
SWIM has heard you can't overbase and the more alkalaine the harder it is for emulsions to occur.
And it was left to precip at room temp-about 24 degrees C at that time.

SWIM did filter twice using cotton pads in a sieve. Kinda similar to makeup remover pads.
Wife will not be happy now lol.

LID was secured airtight, acified soup was simmering around the 70-80 degree mark.
Although Swim has boiled on high heat before with good results.

The XTAL's pictured were done in the last trial, 1st good result for XTAL's.
So now to work towards the next trial.

Active alkaloid content does seem to vary, hard to guage as swim takes small portions from a cluster of say 20 trees. HK is full of AC. It lines every highway here.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MagicGing
#382 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you said you filtered using cotton pads, do you mean the naptha with the precipitate was filtered? ( i assume so)

Also, i think i know the answer, but did the precipitate stick to the glass jar with naptha??
How was the precipitate seperated from the naptha?

Thanks again
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

fry
#383 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

followed this tek except used 50g and did 5 800ml pulls with P.H. 4 water, then reduced the remaining amount to around 700ml, added 75g of lye then added 40ml of fresh naptha and shook and let settle 6 times in a hot water bath that hung around 140 degrees.

by the time I pulled out the warm naptha it was clouding up.

I just suck the jar in the freezer and this morning there's a peach colored crystalline glob around the bottom of the jar, not shure whats going on but I'm going to pour off the naptha and allow this jar to dry in the freezer.

Aquarius
#384 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Filter process occured before basing.
Initially filtering once, letting it sit overnight and then doing it again.
This SWIM believes is vital to a better result.

1 big xtal formed on the bottom of the jar, pouring out solution was easy, then jar on the side for an hour then paper towel rubber-banded on the top and jar standing upright until xtal dried out. On removal it came out in one big lovely chunk.

SWIM is happy to help where she can.
Wink

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MagicGing
#385 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great.

I feel this is a dumb question, and that youve probly answered it more than once, but the crystal that precipd out of the room temp naptha DID stick to the glass??

And these that precipd out of the naptha at room temp are in the pic above?
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

MagicGing
#386 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:47:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jw because my friends most recent attempt, he chilled the naptha for a few days and precipitate formed, but didnt stick to glass. He tried pouring out as much naptha as possible, then evapping the rest, and it resulted in a clear (the solution was defatted while acidic) goo on the bottom of the jar that was barely detectable. He thinks its because the naptha warmed up and dissolved the precipitate again, then evapped. Idk though

Aquarius
#387 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahh swim forgot to add -
The initial bark sol was boiled and filtered to another larger vessel.
Added another round of 1000ml water+200ml vinegar and then reduced the 2000 mls down to 1000mls.

As to the peach colour yes swim also has had this when freeze precipping.

Let it freeze until naptha is clear
Pour off naptha carefully
(swim rotates jar around slowly to keep the stuff in the jar-top tapered jars are better here)

Add enough naptha to soak your peachy gunk.
Place jar in a pan of boiled H20,lid on.
Gunk will melt down.
Swish it around, you should have a dark blob of resinous substance that sticks to the jar...
(On cooling it will get stickier)
Pour Naptha sol slowly into a new clean jar, taking care not to get that resin in.
Do another freeze precip and you should get some beige product with little impurity.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MagicGing
#388 Posted : 5/2/2013 4:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So it did not stick to the glass while in room temp naptha?

What about while freeze preciping?

Again i feel like you have probly answered these already
ThanksThumbs up

fry
#389 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:02:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice, thanks for the assistance, definitely will try that.

Aquarius
#390 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it did stick, but a gentle jiggle with a metal skewer dislodged it.

As to defatting swim suggest not to.
SWIM has good results without it and possibly could be counter productive--
Come to think of it swim was getting goo at the beginning of her trials and was initially de-fatting. Was also doing room temp sol+heated naptha then as well.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MagicGing
#391 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:13:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soo, after the precipitate has completely condensed and stuck a bit to the jar, one could just pour out the naptha (for later freeze preciping) and put the jar on its side to dry??

If you say yes to all this it will make my life!! Haha

Seriously thanks alot x100

Aquarius
#392 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM would like to thank Thicklight for his efforts as is what she had based her initial recipe.
And yes MagicGing. That is affirmative.

One last note, don't watch 'event horizon' if you plan on blasting off.
Going to have to sit it out for a week now dammit hah.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MagicGing
#393 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In your most recent post, do you not reccomend adding the hot naptha (while np extracting) to the room temp basified solution?

MagicGing
#394 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im 98% sure ythats the last question from me!

Also thicklights (not hating) tek just sounds like an average a/b kinda. But it looks like most people are getting great results! I just reallllly hope my friend is one of those hah

MagicGing
#395 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:20:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But the 393# post is a very important question i asked. I feel theoretically the answer would be a yes, but you tell me...

Edit: YAAAAEEEEEE thanks again haha

Aquarius
#396 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recommends adding hot naptha to hot base.
But be sure to leave about 25% of buffer space in the jar as hot naptha WILL burst out of your vessel due to the high pressure.. dammit yes swim had that happen before.
SWIM will check#393 now. EDIT yes... you got it!

Eleanor Roosevelt

InnerVoyages29
#397 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:25:10 PM

The Other You

This was my second time following this tek, by the time I was ready for the third pull I noticed a formation inside my Naptha layer, which I never noticed before. Does anybody know what this is? I was able to siphon out just the particles and let it evaporate. Smells like spice, but I would like to get somebody else's opinion before I vape it. Thanks!
InnerVoyages29 attached the following image(s):
download-7.jpg (34kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
download-8.jpg (40kb) downloaded 285 time(s).
"It has touched people, changed points of view, accelerated self improvement, given hope to those without, pushed those who seek to learn, and hyper slapped those that need to be put in their place." - anrchy

The Art of Changa Making - Courtesy of OM

"There is no... Life I know... To compare with Pure imagination.... Living there... You'll be free... If you truly Wish to be" - Willy Wonka

Aquarius
#398 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:30:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks pretty good from here.
If you wanted you could re-x it to be sure as like #389 describes.

Eleanor Roosevelt

InnerVoyages29
#399 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:35:35 PM

The Other You

Aquarius wrote:
Looks pretty good from here.
If you wanted you could re-x it to be sure as like #389 describes.

Thank you for your response! I was surprised when I saw the formation.. my naptha layer is usually clear/slightly cloudy. But this formation started to randomly change shapes.. I felt like it was trying to communicate with me, hahaha.
"It has touched people, changed points of view, accelerated self improvement, given hope to those without, pushed those who seek to learn, and hyper slapped those that need to be put in their place." - anrchy

The Art of Changa Making - Courtesy of OM

"There is no... Life I know... To compare with Pure imagination.... Living there... You'll be free... If you truly Wish to be" - Willy Wonka

Aquarius
#400 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of SWIM's freeze precip'ed finished product>>
Aquarius attached the following image(s):
DSC04617.JPG (776kb) downloaded 367 time(s).

Eleanor Roosevelt

«PREV1819202122NEXT»