We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
US company offers celebrity ‘look-a-like’ sperm Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 9/12/2009 5:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

But where do we draw the line between frankensteining and saving lives?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#22 Posted : 9/12/2009 6:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everyone has someone that they are completely incompatible with on many levels. One problem with sperm banks is that the woman doesn’t know the human being behind the sperm. That guy could be the most incompatible person in the world, and she wouldn’t know until having a child by his sperm and ends up have a very difficult time raising the child.

Certain human traits are genetic. For example, how hyper someone is can be genetic, how quickly they put on fat can be genetic, the color of their eyes, hair, what types of diseases they are predisposed to, etc.

If you’re a super laid back person, and you can’t stand hyper people, and you have sperm by one of the most hyper people there is, chances are good that you might have a baby with an extremely hyper demeanor who drives you up the wall all the time.

You’d be surprised how many personality traits are actually genetic.

I have three children. They are all very different, but they all looked similar when they were babies, their resemblance was huge. Now that they are older, they have much more unique facial characteristics. Personality wise, they haven’t change much since they were first born. The first child was born with a very strong sense of self and was very quick to express herself and these personality traits have not changed because they are genetic. The second child was born quiet, more thoughtful, and these traits also have not changed. The third child was born with a very happy outlook on life, not taking things seriously, and never in a rush, and that has not changed. These kinds of traits were born-in.

If you select a mate after living with them for a while and finding them agreeable, you’re more likely to have children that are compatible with you.

While many personality traits are learned, some are genetic. Anyway, this is something to consider when selecting a mate. This is why people have certain “types” of people they find attractive and can get along with.

I believe when selecting a mate you should look for everything from looks to personality to health. While looks can be seen in a photo and you can have a record of the person’s health, to know their personality requires intimate contact with that person and that cannot be known by simply looking it up in a database. Personalities are vastly complex, and certain levels of personality are clearly genetic.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#23 Posted : 9/12/2009 6:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"But where do we draw the line between frankensteining and saving lives?"

^^we use common sense.

Really it's not that hard to make the distinction between what is helpful and necessary, and what is stupid and harmful..as long as money and greedy buisnesses/governments/stupid ignorant superficial people arent involved...thats where the problems lie.

Science should be viewed as something good..somethat that can helo us when it's NECESSARY. It shouldnt be about finding some new way to make money..or creating people that certain individuals feel socially comfortable with.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12