We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Some weird event... Options

Dwhitty76
#21 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:03:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You did a good deed Infundibulum. Good Karma Smile

I know someone who used to use IV Heroin and he was sick.He didnt have time to or energy to go into a restaurant bathroom to get tap water for his fix and he ended up using puddle water (n.y.c. puddle water to make it worse). Luckily, he came out o.k.

You're story just reminded me of that. You did a good thing.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

970Codfert
#22 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:06:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Theres no convincing the fundamentalist right to give up the drug war. Many support prohibition simply because of their religion. They know the horrible things associated with the drug war, but that is a sacrifice for the greater good in their eyes. It's really a condition of deep, deep neurosis.
All posts are fictional.

Darkbb
#23 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:22:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow. I have to say that it takes a big heart to prepare a strangers drugs for them. If I was tripping and needed a sitter you would be right after my best friends.

bufoman
#24 Posted : 1/31/2009 2:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Strangly the religious people should be the most compassionate and moral. To see that it is only causing suffering and loss of life but they truly believe it is their god given duty to dictate the behavior of others. At least we can sleep easier knowing that the rate of religion is steadily decreasing in most countries. If the majority is educated I think prohibition will be revoked, just as alcohol prohibition was. It wasn't until housewives said wait am minute this is more harm then good that alc prohibition was stopped and people were much more religious then than today.

970Codfert
#25 Posted : 1/31/2009 4:40:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah education is key. It would be nice to see the D.A.R.E program and others like it reformed or eliminated. They're chalk full of lies and know-nothingism. Hopefully in our lifetime.
All posts are fictional.

40oztofreedom
#26 Posted : 1/31/2009 5:02:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

970Codfert wrote:
Yeah education is key. It would be nice to see the D.A.R.E program and others like it reformed or eliminated. They're chalk full of lies and know-nothingism. Hopefully in our lifetime.

The drugs have never been the problem. It truely is the lack of knowledge, but people have this tendency to believe what everyone else around them believes.

As an example... I live in a town (they call it "the bubble" ) where everyone is Protestant, Middle Class, Law abiding citizens who believe that if a drug enters their precious little town everything will go to hell, and anarchy and chaos will begin. Everyone thinks so single mindedly, it bothers me because a lot of people around here look down on me for who I am the things I do etc, and give me all of these negative attributes, because of the drug advertisements they see on TV etc. People are really, really uninformed on the subject and often just oblivious to the good aspects because the negatives are completely irrational.

So everytime I encounter someone who, may possibly decide to start using drugs I always tell them to ask me any questions that they'd ever have, and I do my best job to educate them on the subject before they ever put anything into their bodies. Because knowledge and responsibilty really is the key. So I fight the war on drugs the best I can and help educate the people I can, and help them begin to think for themselves, instead of having the community do it for them.

I can't go around changing the world, but I won't ever stop helping.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

VisualDistortion
#27 Posted : 1/31/2009 5:11:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
Strangly the religious people should be the most compassionate and moral. To see that it is only causing suffering and loss of life but they truly believe it is their god given duty to dictate the behavior of others. At least we can sleep easier knowing that the rate of religion is steadily decreasing in most countries. If the majority is educated I think prohibition will be revoked, just as alcohol prohibition was. It wasn't until housewives said wait am minute this is more harm then good that alc prohibition was stopped and people were much more religious then than today.

I really believe that the religious people are some of the most compassionate and moral people in america. They consider themselves immoral and lament their doings many days because they cannot live up to their standards or the standards of the one they call the father. They are just absolutely truely ignorant of the drug war and prohibition. They associate drugs with addiction, death and suffering. So they think the government's "war against drugs" is a war against addiction, death and suffering, when really prohibition is causing most of the death and suffering. Religious people also become increasingly iron headed as they get older and become indoctrinated. After a while you couldn't convince him that prohibition is bad no matter what evidence you provided them. I used to be one of those "religious people" and as much as I don't like western organized religion now, I will vouch for 80 percent of them as good people. I'm just glad I was a free thinker and I got away from christianity. What really drove me away was the indoctrination and manipulation that happens among the church heirarchy. I took some of my friends with me too, thank fully.

And I want to clarify one thing. I'm cool with Jesus. He was a great person, teacher, and basically didn't want people to fuck with each other. His father on the other hand was self centered, self concious, and an arrogant prick.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

bufoman
#28 Posted : 1/31/2009 5:37:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While I would agree that many religious people are "good people" but there beliefs are very egocentric and only reinforce this idea that humans are special and that the world was created for them. This belief has gotten us into the mess we are in today. Many also feel it is their duty to convert others or force their views on human morality and behavior on others. When they do this through the legal system scientific and social progression is severely halted. Thus there ignorance is damaging even if they don't mean it to be. It takes no frontal cortex to believe in the dogma of organized religion in fact you have to basically turn your frontal cortex off to have faith. I am glad to see you turned yours back on.

Most Christians have no idea what jesus was about. I have nothing against him however I believe he was just another person (assuming he was real which I have no reason to doubt). But Buddha's philosophies about life and god are far more advanced than those of Christ's. Even Buddha knew 600 years before christ that there is no way anyone could "know" wether or not there is a god. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion.

By there own account the US government has shown that DARE is counter productive. Thus your child is more likely to use drugs after completing DARE than those who have not been subjected to its propaganda. When they heard this did they stop DARE? No. Because they need people to do drugs, it is an industry, it generates billions of dollars and creates many jobs. Thus people aren't going to admit that there jobs are wrong. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that prohibition creates the very dangers it claims to be at war with. It is a vicious cycle and millions are suffering. People must be educated that there are other options than prohibition and out right legalization.

There are some concerns and rightfully so. Drugs can be dangerous no one is saying they are not. But making them more dangerous and creating crime is not an effective strategy to deal with this issue. Regulation is an effective way to control and ensure safety. Humans have been using drugs for hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so until we exist no more. Many species of animals also seek and use drugs. This use has only become a problem recently with the advent of prohibition. Prohibition will be ended, people just need to see what is truly going on. Once they see, no one in their right mind could say that prohibition is moral or logical. It is strange that people have not already as the very issues surrounding the repeal of alcohol prohibition are relevant with drug prohibition. But there is a heavy propaganda campaign, these myths and lies need to be exposed. Although it needs to be done carefully and involve intelligent people speaking out. This shouldn't be any republican democrat crap this is just how they separate people so that more than 50% (a majority) can agree on anything.

40oztofreedom
#29 Posted : 1/31/2009 5:47:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
While I would agree that many religious people are "good people" but there beliefs are very egocentric and only reinforce this idea that humans are special and that the world was created for them. This belief has gotten us into the mess we are in today. Many also feel it is their duty to convert others or force their views on human morality and behavior on others. When they do this through the legal system scientific and social progression is severely halted. Thus there ignorance is damaging even if they don't mean it to be. It takes no frontal cortex to believe in the dogma of organized religion in fact you have to basically turn your frontal cortex off to have faith. I am glad to see you turned yours back on.

Most Christians have no idea what jesus was about. I have nothing against him however I believe he was just another person (assuming he was real which I have no reason to doubt). But Buddha's philosophies about life and god are far more advanced than those of Christ's. Even Buddha knew 600 years before christ that there is no way anyone could "know" wether or not there is a god. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion.

By there own account the US government has shown that DARE is counter productive. Thus your child is more likely to use drugs after completing DARE than those who have not been subjected to its propaganda. When they heard this did they stop DARE? No. Because they need people to do drugs, it is an industry, it generates billions of dollars and creates many jobs. Thus people aren't going to admit that there jobs are wrong. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that prohibition creates the very dangers it claims to be at war with. It is a vicious cycle and millions are suffering. People must be educated that there are other options than prohibition and out right legalization.

There are some concerns and rightfully so. Drugs can be dangerous no one is saying they are not. But making them more dangerous and creating crime is not an effective strategy to deal with this issue. Regulation is an effective way to control and ensure safety. Humans have been using drugs for hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so until we exist no more. Many species of animals also seek and use drugs. This use has only become a problem recently with the advent of prohibition. Prohibition will be ended, people just need to see what is truly going on. Once they see, no one in their right mind could say that prohibition is moral or logical. It is strange that people have not already as the very issues surrounding the repeal of alcohol prohibition are relevant with drug prohibition. But there is a heavy propaganda campaign, these myths and lies need to be exposed. Although it needs to be done carefully and involve intelligent people speaking out. This shouldn't be any republican democrat crap this is just how they separate people so that more than 50% (a majority) can agree on anything.

I would pay you extremely good money to say that to some people in my community.Very happy

Because what you just said is EXACTLY how I think and feel about it, but somehow just don't the mental capacity to think that well at the current time.

Razz
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

VisualDistortion
#30 Posted : 1/31/2009 5:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you totally. When I was a young kid I moved to a new town. Being the new kid I was picked on alot and eventually grew full of self loathing and lacked self confidence. DARE gave me an avenue to escape. It spawned my interest in illegal drugs and was responsible for almost destroying my life at the age of 14.

Thankfully my life has completely changed and alot of those guys who "picked" on me when we were young and I was the new kid are now good friends of mine. If dare had never been around I would have never been wrapped up in drugs so young.

bufoman
#31 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:02:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha. I have spent many years studying the drug war. Reading but also have much first hand experience... No one can disagree if they see what is going on, there is no way. There is no argument prohibition is an atrocity. A failure could be acceptable but it is an atrocity and millions are needlessly suffering. No one is saying drugs are harmless just that prohibition creates more problems than the drugs do innately, while doing nothing to curtail use. The longer we wait the more lives are destroyed by prohibition. The current strategies have been all about legalization and have not addressed how drugs should be regulated and controlled. This is a valid question and needs to be addressed. We need to show people that there are effective ways to deal with substance use and that prohibition is by far the worst way because every tool we have to deal with this issue is lost with prohibition. There are so many lies, and myths that it will be hard, but the logic against it s sound. There can be no debate, prohibition is morally, socially, and logically wrong. No one can honestly after looking at the evidence say that they support it. It will be ended it is just a matter of time.

40oztofreedom
#32 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
It will be ended it is just a matter of time.

I really, really, really hope so.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

bufoman
#33 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is easier for most kids to get illegal drugs than it is alcohol. Another reason to regulate these chemicals is to keep them out of the hands of children. The people decide who can buy alcohol criminals decide who can buy illegal drugs. So it is easier for them to get these drugs and they are more dangerous because we don't know what is in them and how much of a chemical is present. Availability, purity, and knowledge are our tools for controlling the issues of substance use. Prohibition destroys all of these.

Plus without access to honest information kids don't believe anything they say in DARE. And they do things that they shouldn't, they need to learn about responsible use and what things not to mix. SWIM took acid at 14 and freaked out, had he been properly educated he would have never taken it alone, and taken so much.

bufoman
#34 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:09:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it will be ended. All societies on earth have prohibition one or another substance at some time. All of these prohibitions have had the same demise. It just does not work and it only makes matters worse. It will be exposed, and people will see that the only way to effectively deal with this is through proper regulation.

VisualDistortion
#35 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
It takes no frontal cortex to believe in the dogma of organized religion in fact you have to basically turn your frontal cortex off to have faith.

Hahaha. I have spent many years studying the drug war. Reading but also have much first hand experience... No one can disagree if they see what is going on, there is no way. There is no argument prohibition is an atrocity.

You said it right the first time. Christians are dogmatic and don't necessarily need to use their frontal cortex like normal reasoning human beings. I will say that naive dogmatism was very blissful but I just couldn't lie to myself and let other lie to me when I realized that it was all lies.

DMTripper
#36 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:46:03 PM

John Murdoch IV

I seem to disagree to I think everyone here. I don't think one should assist people in destroying their lives. The only thing that's going to help them to quit is the pain they've been through.

My 2¢ and I'm not going to argue with you people. I have the right of an opinion even if it doesn't suit you.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

40oztofreedom
#37 Posted : 1/31/2009 6:54:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I seem to disagree to I think everyone here. I don't think one should assist people in destroying their lives. The only thing that's going to help them to quit is the pain they've been through.

My 2¢ and I'm not going to argue with you people. I have the right of an opinion even if it doesn't suit you.

Well of course, even getting into drugs in the first place is something that shouldn't be done. But its inevitable that people will always, and continuously do drugs. Nobody can ever change that.

So if one decides to go down that road anyways, and irregardless, why be stupid and dirty when you can be educated, and remain somewhat intact while still using.

Using within itself doesn't destroy people, people destroy themselves.

And not every junkie wants to quit you know.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

Infundibulum
#38 Posted : 1/31/2009 8:11:42 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

DMTripper wrote:

Respected opinion, but i didn't assisted them at ruining their lives. Their lives have already been ruined by one reason or another, say it heroin or drug war or the reasons that led them to get hooked in the first place or whatever. But it is difficult to overlook the fact that some guys especially when at really weak and negative position needed some help.

There is an important realisation to be made; would things be better (for the world or them or even me) if I had just turned my head away, walked into my building and just go home. The answer is definitely no.

But I just chose to do the world look a flimsy bit better; those two heroin users avoided harming themselves and got to ease a pain that I'm sure this pain's burden many people would not be able to withstand.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#39 Posted : 1/31/2009 9:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the strongest measures of person is how well they treat those of whom they have no obligation to treat well. One the strongest values of an action the the possibility of offense. This was a noble deed.

DMTripper
#40 Posted : 1/31/2009 10:09:20 PM

John Murdoch IV

Infundibulum wrote:

There is an important realisation to be made; would things be better (for the world or them or even me) if I had just turned my head away, walked into my building and just go home. The answer is definitely no.

No the answer is not definitely no.
Maybe those two guys both overdosed today but might have stopped and tried to sober up after a bad experience that they would have had if you hadn't interfered and made things easier for them.

I'm just speaking hypothetically.

How do spoiled brats become spoiled brats?
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

PREV123NEXT