We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Posture, muslim architecture and spice Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:57:48 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

For a long time iv noticed that my favorite visionary position is forehead to the floor.
recently i have been thinking about this, muslims also like this position it seems.

and the proof is on their foreheads check

their mosque architecture makes this more interesting

just thought id share this thought.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Virola78
#2 Posted : 1/12/2010 1:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Their architecture and art is absolutely gorgeous. Too bad their religion is conservative.
Like any religion for that matter.

Next time Im tripping I will put my forehead to the ground.
I will try it.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 1/12/2010 1:37:44 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

The first architecture photo is frigin amazing.. similar also?> ?

in fact its my new desktop!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

burnt
#4 Posted : 1/12/2010 6:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

i think the reasons muslim do it is different then anyone else would. they do it for submission / surrendering to their god purposes. grovelling like slaves to his bidding. i think its sad and depressing to watch. wouldn't want to contaminate spice journeys with such grovelling.

infact on a pharmahuasca trip swim experienced what it would be like to be a god fearing muslim/any other religious person. swim was on the floor grovelling and pleading to be spared. glad swim had the experience though now swim knows what swim would never want to be. a grovelling god fearing delusional loser.

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 1/12/2010 6:32:14 PM

The Root

"i think the reasons muslim do it is different then anyone else would. they do it for submission / surrendering to their god purposes. grovelling like slaves to his bidding. i think its sad and depressing to watch. wouldn't want to contaminate spice journeys with such grovelling.

infact on a pharmahuasca trip SWIM experienced what it would be like to be a god fearing muslim/any other religious person. SWIM was on the floor grovelling and pleading to be spared. glad SWIM had the experience though now SWIM knows what SWIM would never want to be. a grovelling god fearing delusional loser.
"

For 1 year i worked at a muslim bank - i really enjoyed working there, i enjoyed the company of my muslim colligues and found their culture to be fascinating.

its amazing how much ones perceptions shape their reality eh
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

burnt
#6 Posted : 1/12/2010 6:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

half of my co workers are muslim. my opinion has nothing to do with how nice they are or are not. my opinion has to do with an explanation for the meaning why they bow and pray the way they do. i think it has to do with surrender to god. Islam means surrender. this is why they grovel before their god five times a day. personally i don't think entheogens should be ritualized in a way like this. don't get me wrong. trip in any position or any way you like. but i don't see any relationship with people tripping to experience things for themselves and groveling before a rather twisted and cruel sort of god.

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:05:36 PM

The Root

ok well how bout this :

i found that being in that position helps by mistake/unintentionally - i didnt have that as my intention - but still it helped.
perhaps it is more to do with that actual physical position and how it changes the flow of ones energy rather than ones motivation.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

burnt
#8 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:09:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

more blood is rushing to the head. might have something to do with it?

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:14:11 PM

The Root

perhaps with muslim culture - idk
but with the positions iv adopted, im basically laying face down on the ground flat, with my forehead placed down or curled up flat - forehead down - so no increase of bloodflow to the head.
perhaps some testing is in order - il give it a try in positions that increase bloodflow to the head.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

gammagore
#10 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:53:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those pictures are awesome.

How do their foreheads get like that?

Kazoo...
#11 Posted : 1/12/2010 8:13:50 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

you look at the art, especially covering the ceilings of the temples, and i instantly see the work of their native entheogen Syrian rue at play, it has been teaching in this area of the world for thousands of years...
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 1/12/2010 8:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The nexian gosvami made me aware of the ceiling of alhambra mosque:

If this isn't dmtish, i don't know what is. I firmly believe that there is a correlation between visionary states of consciousness and (now) established religion.

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:01:21 PM

The Root

gammagore - repetitive contact with the ground.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kartikay
#14 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:19:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, those are amazingly beautiful.

It was that region that invented the Hookah, but I haven't taken the time to see if any shamanic substance influenced the religion.

A little off topic, but Vedic Hinduism, the precursor to modern Hinduism and some of Buddhism, was heavily influenced by a shamanic substance known as Somo. I don't think there's absolute consensus on what the substance was, though.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

antrocles
#15 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

stunning artwork on those mosques....and amazingly hyperspacey.....

unfortunately, as can be witnessed in the first photo of the muslim man with the pointing finger and sub-machine gun in the background, something quite beautiful and (no doubt) inspired by plant entheogens at it's inception has now turned into a dogma. i am sure that in it's purest form, islamic beliefs are as beautiful as many other religions' core tenets. it's just when it turns into "our way or the highway" that i immediately pack up and leave quietly...

can't deny for a second that their aesthetic is compelling beyond words....simply AWESOME!!! thanks for posting such wonderful art Phlux my brother!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

nodice
#16 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have really tried to explain this pattern I see while under the influence, usually while coming back to earth I see that everything is made of this same fabric like pattern and I swear there are symbols and things in it.

this is by far the closest thing to what I am seeing.

Does anybody else see that when you open your eyes for the first time coming out?
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 1/12/2010 10:04:03 PM

The Root

a very small percentage of the islam population agree with the actions of all their brothers.
not all christians whip themselves - if a self whipping christian flew a plane into an important building in some arabic place, would it be okay for all arabs to judge christians automatically as self whipping dangers to society ?
i think not.
this thread was started to discuss postures and their effect on visions in comparison to the inspiration of islamic mosque art perhaps inspired by the regular positioning of the body in the same pose.
I think its getting a bit off topic, stong feelings have even been expressed.
Id dig to hear more opinions on the actual thought i originally shared.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

balaganist
#18 Posted : 1/12/2010 10:40:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeh its amazing the similarities between spice and aya visions and their architecture... also some church and cathedral architecture... but muslim stuff in next-level.

indeed at its root there is much beauty and wisdom in islam. as usual, the loud and extreme minority have given a bad name to their peaceful brothers and sisters, and so those on the outside tend to generalise an a very imbalanced way.

Phlux - interesting point about forehead down... I have adopted that position before on Aya journeys (though not smoked spice) and found it helpful, also when meditating sometimes I find myself like that. it does feel like a position of surrender.

burnt - as we know here from spice journeys, surrender can be a very positive thing - I think seeing the muslim prayer as a grovelling to god is a little condescending... I mean many many christians fear god in a similar way. yes I'm sure many muslims like christians see it like they need to please their god for fear of being punished... but I'm sure there also those who are simply bowing to the divine, acknowledging the beauty and power of nature and creation.

balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Virola78
#19 Posted : 1/13/2010 1:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
a very small percentage of the islam population agree with the actions of all their brothers.
not all christians whip themselves - if a self whipping christian flew a plane into an important building in some arabic place, would it be okay for all arabs to judge christians automatically as self whipping dangers to society ?
i think not.
this thread was started to discuss postures and their effect on visions in comparison to the inspiration of islamic mosque art perhaps inspired by the regular positioning of the body in the same pose.
I think its getting a bit off topic, stong feelings have even been expressed.
Id dig to hear more opinions on the actual thought i originally shared.

I will try the position you described. And also allot of other strange positions and movement of course lol. Was thinking about my own personal style tai chi anyway. Maybe start with some headbutting the floor and then gradualy move on to a softer style, lets say the matras. But seriously, perhaps i can form some sort of ritual movement for finding the right state of mind to start trips. As an alternative to meditation and other ways of preparing for the trip. I find that dancing can be very electric when on psychedelics, so why not try some other movements or positions. As a kid i was good at martial arts. May be useful after all.

About islam. Very interesting as any religion. I would like a discussion about islam. think there is much to learn for all.
But maybe some other thread then.

The pictures make me think about visiting the alhambra of granada one day.
Spain is not really far away from me.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:14:40 AM

The Root

hey bala - right on about surrender - some pro athlete once said Pleased - "To smoke the spice one must be prepared to die"
Surrendering ones ego is the first step of the journey.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

12NEXT