We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Tis the season for Ps semilanceatta Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 10/3/2013 12:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

The season has only just begun.
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSCN3672.JPG (563kb) downloaded 258 time(s).
DSCN3673.JPG (514kb) downloaded 255 time(s).
DSCN3674.JPG (542kb) downloaded 254 time(s).
DSCN3675.JPG (593kb) downloaded 253 time(s).
DSCN3676.JPG (538kb) downloaded 255 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MagicGing
#2 Posted : 10/3/2013 12:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You just inspired me

Thanks for sharing Smile
β€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

3rdI
#3 Posted : 10/3/2013 9:57:16 AM

veni, vidi, spici

OH YESThumbs up, they look good IH, going for my first pick this weekend, im hoping for a nice early find, fingers crossed.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

MagicGing
#4 Posted : 10/3/2013 1:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

any useful tips you all wouldnt mind sharing??

im in NC, and apparetnly theyre more common in about every other part of the country??
β€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

Elpo
#5 Posted : 10/3/2013 2:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure these are real Ps Semilanceata? I always assumed they had what is called a nipple on top of the cap? Did you id them with a spore print?

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Ice House
#6 Posted : 10/4/2013 2:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo wrote:
Are you sure these are real Ps Semilanceata? I always assumed they had what is called a nipple on top of the cap? Did you id them with a spore print?

I didn't ID them with a spore print, no need to.

Most often they do have a nipple on top some of these do. Its not uncommon for them to, not have a pronounced nipple on top.

Ive picked thousands and thousands of them over the past 35 years. I am sure of what they are, so sure in fact that I'm going to ingest them without giving it a second thought.

MushLove

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Shadowman-x
#7 Posted : 10/4/2013 3:53:55 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

shiz, beautiful mang.
the cyans shoudl be out here soon!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 10/4/2013 4:43:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowman-x wrote:
shiz, beautiful mang.
the cyans shoudl be out here soon!

I am waiting patiently for the cyans, Im pretty sure its gonna be a while yet. We need, sustained, hi 30s low 40s and rain.

Cooler temps is the trigger with cyans.

IH

Wax
#9 Posted : 10/4/2013 5:23:53 AM

LUVR

Missing the PNW Sad

On the other hand I still have a jar full of semi's and a few cyans from last year Very happy
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Elpo
#10 Posted : 10/4/2013 9:41:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
Elpo wrote:

I didn't ID them with a spore print, no need to.

Most often they do have a nipple on top some of these do. Its not uncommon for them to, not have a pronounced nipple on top.

Ive picked thousands and thousands of them over the past 35 years. I am sure of what they are, so sure in fact that I'm going to ingest them without giving it a second thought.

MushLove

Ok can you tell us more about the habitat you found them in. I am going out this weekend to find some. Do you go back to the same place year after year?

I also had another question: once found and identified, would it be possible to collect some spores and spread them in their natural habitat to cultivate them for the next year and future years?
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

imPsimon
#11 Posted : 10/4/2013 10:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo wrote:
I also had another question: once found and identified, would it be possible to collect some spores and spread them in their natural habitat to cultivate them for the next year and future years?

Only pick the mushrooms with open caps and you can also flick the
hats with your finger before you pick them to release spores.
If you do this you will find more mushrooms next year.

You can find information on how to make "spore prints" on shroomery and
possibly this site to.

Theoretically one could collect lots of spore prints, scrape of the spores into a spray bottle, shake
well and then spray the grass area you intend to inoculate. (They seem somewhat picky though)
In nature the spores travel by wind and animals walking around stepping on the mushrooms.
Helping out is definitely not a bad idea.
I dont know what mushroom spores think about chlorine so maybe rainwater is the way to go?

sleepypelican
#12 Posted : 10/4/2013 2:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to get out there lol
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

Shadowman-x
#13 Posted : 10/4/2013 3:44:52 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

its pretty darn cold up here and rainy all the time!
locally, we just say after the first frost they come out
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

jamie
#14 Posted : 10/4/2013 7:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

pretty sure its a tiny bit warmer here than where ice house is shadow..especially where you and I are in the microclimate..where I am and extending to the sunshine coast area and saltspring fall into the microclimate and it extends just into Washington along the coast and few islands there I think as well. Right on the coast here we are usually a few degrees above even spots a few hours south that are inland more..even one hour from the coast and it gets colder.

Panaeolus cintulus could be fruiting still here also. There is a park with a horse stable right down the street from me with lots of grass and hiking trails so I bet pans and liberty caps will be growing there.

Ice house..are libs usually only growing in a spot where there is grazing animals/horses to fertilize the grass?..or can I find them in any sort of field?
Long live the unwoke.

null24
#15 Posted : 10/4/2013 8:55:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ah, my favorite time of the year!

I am eagerly awaiting thecyans as well...
We'll see what the next couple months brings.
I'm a little worried about the torrential downpours of the last week. That stuff wreaks havoc on mulch.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*Ξ³Ξ½αΏΆΞΈΞΉ ΟƒΞ΅Ξ±Ο…Ο„ΟŒΞ½*

Ice House
#16 Posted : 10/4/2013 9:40:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

Ice house..are libs usually only growing in a spot where there is grazing animals/horses to fertilize the grass?..or can I find them in any sort of field?

They do need the nutrition that hoofed animals provide.

The pasture These were found currently holds mules but its had horses and cows over the years.

IH

jamie
#17 Posted : 10/5/2013 12:19:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hmmm so the horse stables down the road are my best bet.
Long live the unwoke.

Wax
#18 Posted : 10/5/2013 2:54:28 AM

LUVR

They don't necessarily need to be in the same field as cows or sheep or anything.

I found a ton at a park last year, one field was near a cattle field but separated by a fence and I guarantee the cattle never set foot in that park. The other field that had much much more actually was no where near grazing animals. If they do in fact need animals, maybe deer could also contribute to their growth?

Your best bet is to look in any field with clumpy grass. Grazing animals don't hurt but they aren't necessary IME.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

sleepypelican
#19 Posted : 10/7/2013 5:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

on a related note... ive always had the best luck finding cubes in elephant dung. We have a half rear ended wildlife park/tram ride in the area, and the owner has never objected to me diggin around in there....
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

hypnotoad
#20 Posted : 10/7/2013 7:53:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys! So its almost rainy season where I stay in South Africa and want to go looking for some Libs. I got a pretty good location in mind (lots of grass lumps, pretty fertile soil ect) could you maybe just help me out with how long after the rain I should go and what I should be looking at cause I always find LBM that look similar so I'm wary of eating anything.
Any info on what/where/when I should go look could help a lot Smile

Peace
Explore the limits of the mind...

12NEXT