We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tabernaemontana undulata Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 7/12/2019 10:55:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Came across Tabernaemontana undulata in my reading this evening, had never heard of it before. Did a search for it on the Nexus here and nothing came up, looks pretty interesting and is a native American Iboga containing plant used by the Matsés. Figured I'd add a thread about it for posterity. Any of you guys familiar with it?

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org...Tabernaemontana_undulate
Tabernaemontana undulata, the Becchete or Bëcchëte (pronounced B'-chéw-teh,[needs IPA] a Matis and Matsés word for a medicinal plant) is a milkwood species in the family Apocynaceae. It occurs in the Amazon rainforest.

Tabernaemontana undulata contains iboga alkaloids,[2] naturally occurring psychoactive compounds. Ibogaine is used in pain management and to treat opiate addiction. In addition, it is used to facilitate psychological introspection and spiritual exploration. In low dosages, ibogaine is a stimulant and aphrodisiac, while in larger amounts it is a divinatory medicine, similar to both Ayahuasca and Peyote.

Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Cactus Man
#2 Posted : 10/19/2019 9:34:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Its interesting and under-researched that Iboga alkaloid containing plants have a small "family" of their own. Hope one day I have the privilege to work with such things.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/19/2019 10:23:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A dedicated thread to these plants
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=33633

Some people mistakenly think these plants contain ibogaine but they dont, they contain other related alkaloids. Ive taken sanango (related species) from the Yawanawa as eyedrops and it hurt like hell and felt like vision was clearer after but im not sure about any psychoactive effects, it was during an aya cerimony so i was already going through a lot hehe.

Jagube
#4 Posted : 10/19/2019 10:31:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Some people mistakenly think these plants contain ibogaine but they dont, they contain other related alkaloids. Ive taken sanango (related species) from the Yawanawa as eyedrops and it hurt like hell and felt like vision was clearer after but im not sure about any psychoactive effects

The species is Tabernantemontana sananho, and the eye drops are called sananga and are not meant to be psychoactive via ocular administration.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/19/2019 10:39:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:

The species is Tabernantemontana sananho, and the eye drops are called sananga and are not meant to be psychoactive via ocular administration.

Im aware about the spelling of the latin name of the plant as you can see in the link. You are right generally the drops are spelled as sananga but the group I took it with when they pronounced it sounded more like sanango,I just wrote as I heard, as you must be aware popular names differ from area to area. But thanks for the comment try and help make the spelling precise.

The psychoactivity is arguable in how the indigenous describe it because sometimes they say it increases good luck or makes you hunt better, but is that something psychoactive related like changes in how you interpret stimulus or is it a "spiritual/magical" thing, or just hopeful thinking, or physiological (improved eyesight etc).. ?

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 10/19/2019 12:49:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Some people mistakenly think these plants contain ibogaine but they dont, they contain other related alkaloids. Ive taken sanango (related species) from the Yawanawa as eyedrops and it hurt like hell and felt like vision was clearer after but im not sure about any psychoactive effects

what of oral administration?

doubledog
#7 Posted : 10/19/2019 9:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried sananga eye drops on its own, not combined with anything else.
Effects were quite short, not strong, but there was slight stimulation, it cleared my head similarly to kanna, together with specific changes in perception of light and physical space.