We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Monasteries Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 7/7/2019 4:29:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is the way forward, eventually, someday. Beginning with oral use in conjunction with traditional ayahuasquero techniques + meditation/yoga, eventually moving to vaporized use, on a daily basis, for decades, in an institutional monastic setting.

Short of this, I don't think we'll ever bring back much more than Terence McKenna's image of somebody gasping as they run out of the woods pointing back and exclaiming "S-s-SOMETHING!".

Nick Sand described his personal attainment of something more than this in his two articles on DMT: "Moving Into the Sacred World of DMT" and "Just a Wee Bit More About DMT". He brought back the integrated attainment of ultimate unity. Sand is probably the only human being in history who explored breakthrough DMT experiences enough to integrate them in a disciplined way - but his circumstances and personal disposition were exceptional, and there should be institutions dedicated to helping facilitate that level of attainment for those who are similarly disciplined and able to do it, but lack the circumstances Sand was blessed with to venture forth.

If you build it they will come. If DMT were legal, I have no doubt it would already have been done. Hopefully the recent smattering of psychedelic decriminalization efforts will lead to the legal use of DMT, so that we may begin this sacred work. In "Moving Into the Sacred World of DMT", Sand said that this exactly was his dream. I pray that dream may become a reality, and if it does, I pray that we remember him for the work he did trying to make that dream come true.

I have never found any literature discussing DMT that I thought contained any real insight, except for these two articles. Please read them both if you have not read them already. There is also an excellent documentary on Nick Sand's life on Netflix called "The Sunshine Makers".
http://psychedelicfronti...red-world-dmt-nick-sand/
http://psychedelicfronti...-bit-more-dmt-nick-sand/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Achilles
#2 Posted : 7/11/2019 11:11:33 AM

I is the obstacle.

I’d join a dmt monastery if it wasn’t to culty lol. And who knows what could happen in ten or twenty years. Two states have decriminalized mushrooms in the u.s and marijuana is pretty much on the cusp of completely legal. As time goes on and information becomes more readily available psychedelics and they’re users are finally starting to separate from the early prohibition image of hippies and druggies and ALOT of people are starting to identify psychedelics more with spirituality and analytical thinking. It’s important that now be the time the psychedelic community try’s to consolidate its efforts to facilitating this image revamp. If things go right I could definitely see dmt monasteries or retreats or whatever becoming a thing.
This guys ego ^

Jees
#3 Posted : 7/11/2019 3:07:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First initiatives are likely companies entering the economic possibilities, like https://compasspathways.com/ bypassing and surpassing the non-$-driven idealists in the field. Maybe there's a perfectly fitting public for these company incentives, but this is not exactly a monastery thingy, it's more like a clinical approach.

These companies depend on and protect their official standardized medicines, of which they hold the rights and/or access. It's very hard to compete in that area. Nick Sand had no problem with that because he was operating below the radar, but any official institution has to deal with control over their materials used, no matter what kind medicine.

Santo Daime in US is subjected to scrutiny concerning their aya, it's not like Okay guys just do some aya. There's a lot of money and control involved to just get started. For example one has to assert and show the stock can't hit the black market or being stolen.
This avoids self proclaimed clowns starting business but also muffles the well meaning and dependable idealist. We see things going really south where the 'medicines' are operated as per today, like in South America. A monastery sort of initiative should be able to hold on a certain quality label, such a setup will not be easy for us being typical humans, we're really good in messing up things Big grin

It would be a great initiative though.
Love

donfoolio
#4 Posted : 7/12/2019 1:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These thoughts make me think of Rabelais' Abbey of Thelema - a place to study nature and its hidden mysteries. A kind of modern Eleusis where man can understand that everything is one.

Finally, when Mestre Irineu go out to start what should be known in the world as the church of Santo Daime, there was something common going on. "Hey sisters and brothers, the caboclos from the forest showed me a brew, from which you can talk with the virgin mary in the seven heavens. I'll show you now!"

Places like Céu do Mapia are in some sense realizations of this monastery - they are not only brewing brainsoup, but doing also schoolwork, gardening and an other kind of community-based living together.

Some hippie-communities and even some Raveparties do the same in some sense. Those reveries already started to become reality. Masterplants like Jagube will led inevitably, if taken in a group setting, to something like a community-based coworking in a larger sense. These plants are there to help us understand the importance of community and the mutual aid we can bring out of it if everbody works in the same direction.

With my Ayahuasca-group, we like to say: "Let's become Indians again!" - in the sense, that through the plant power, commun values, dreams and passions will become serious again and create a new (micro-) society. We already live in that dream...
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Psilosopher?
#5 Posted : 7/12/2019 2:27:17 PM

Don't Panic

The closest thing to this is probably CoSM, the project by Alex and Allyson Grey.

https://www.cosm.org/
Psilosopher? attached the following image(s):
5cac151ab.jpg (77kb) downloaded 138 time(s).
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

OneIsEros
#6 Posted : 7/13/2019 5:25:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I believe CoSM is an image of the kind of environment this sort of thing might resemble.

I want to clarify that when I say "I think this is the way forward", I don't mean that "DMT Monasteries" are a possible political strategy towards obtaining religious rights exemptions for DMT use: I am saying that this vision is of the flower of what obtaining such legal religous rights would be.

The discovery of the isolated DMT molecule marked the day that humanity stumbled on the most existentially pertinent neurotransmitter in the human body. Monastic daily yogic engagement with it, for a lifetime, is "the way forward" to discovering the full scope and breadth of what that really means.

Achilles
#7 Posted : 7/13/2019 11:56:18 AM

I is the obstacle.

If I ever with the lotto I’m buying that place and donating it to the nexus... that’s like the dopest headquarters EVER🤘 Lololol
This guys ego ^

Jees
#8 Posted : 7/13/2019 1:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
... like the dopest headquarters EVER🤘 Lololol
Check this out, I find every single of them very architectural tryptatrippy.
What have they been doing? Laughing

Achilles
#9 Posted : 7/13/2019 3:44:57 PM

I is the obstacle.

Anyone ever heard of biogeometry? Idk if it’s real or not but I think it’s something like buildings built in shapes that’s hallways will produce certain vibrational frequencies when sound went through them or something. I saw it on some documentary but it kinda makes me wonder if that could really workConfused ? Any super smart people on here that think that could be a real thing?... it kinda would explain why most temples are covered in eerie psychedelic looking art... or it could just be more bs... it’s hard to sort through it all these days.
This guys ego ^

Jees
#10 Posted : 7/14/2019 2:04:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Biogenometry, that rings a bell, reminds me of of this 'math-geometry':

https://en.wikipedia.org...St._Benedictusberg_Abbey

This monastery/abbey looks rather ordinary castle-ish at the front, but what wiki doesn't mention is that this is just a remaining facade, one that they kept as a historical relic. The actual used part is a modern architecture, where the action is as of late.
All of this new buildings have a particular feat: as much of possible of the visual proportions are kept at the golden ratio.Everywhere you look you see this one particular harmony. Even the church furniture tries to respect that ratio where possible. Also the parts outside the church! Impression for me is: one feels very at ease, was there a few years back when passing on a trip. I cannot attest to what influence there is on sound.

IIRC they had trouble staying alive as an organisation with few monks. If that place hits the market ... that might be a good nexus HQ candidate Pleased