We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
P. Colorata - bioassay, anyone? Options

padawan
#1 Posted : 3/20/2019 7:17:24 AM

forever learning

Can anyone report on their own direct experience with positively-identified Pychotria Colorata? There seem to be specimens floating around nowadays from reputable/knowledgeable folk, so I was wondering if anyone had new info to share.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

KloudQ7
#2 Posted : 3/20/2019 8:20:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a few young plants but they don't seem to be active yet. Tried a mouthful of leaves with no effect. Might try again in 6 months or so.

padawan
#3 Posted : 3/20/2019 10:21:22 AM

forever learning

^ thanks. Mine are too young for harvest too - seem to grow about the same rate as Viridis under the same conditions. Guess we'll just have to be patient to find out if Colorata is worth the effort.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/20/2019 8:49:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've had P. colorata, once. Chewing one leaf from a mature plant produced relaxing/de-stressing effects, largely opioid-like.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsilocybeChild
#5 Posted : 3/24/2019 12:39:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where did you guys find P. colorata, especially seeds/ live plants!?
I'd love to grow this species.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

pinkoyd
#6 Posted : 3/28/2019 5:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I'm fairly convinced the 'P. colorata' I got is mis-ID'd. It tastes completely bland, similar to P. alba, has no sensation in my mouth such as numbing, and no bodily reaction that I can determine. And this is over several attempts with the plant.

There's gotta be a real one out there.
I already asked Alice.

KloudQ7
#7 Posted : 3/28/2019 7:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people at sts have leaves to share. They are kinda gross to chew. Very astringent and bitter, like chewing khat and kratom.

padawan
#8 Posted : 3/29/2019 12:28:33 AM

forever learning

Here is a leaf pic of my Psychotria Colorata - too young to start harvesting leaves to test, but clearly quite distinctive from viridis and viridis hybrids. I don't have stright alba or carthagenensis for comparison though. Rooted plants have been available for sale in Australia recently from a reputable vendor - might be worth enquiring about international shipping of leaf cuttings for propogation.
padawan attached the following image(s):
Psychotria Colorata_noEXIF.JPG (78kb) downloaded 69 time(s).

twitchy
#9 Posted : 7/11/2019 10:29:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As a spine trauma patient, I'm always curious about Mu agonists that aren't addictive pills from big-pharma. Anyone know how P. colorata compares to say Kratom in terms of analgesic effect? If it's slow growing like P. Viridis, probably wouldn't be practical for medicinal purposes, but what a weird and cool looking flower! The fruit reminds me of honeyberries.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.