We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

Broccoli555
#121 Posted : 6/19/2019 7:27:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

enlightenedvoyager wrote:
Broccoli555 wrote:
Let me just start off by thanking everyone in this thread and forum for sharing the knowledge of this wonderful molecule and the easiest way to utilize it.

Finally got the mesh to work properly. Ended up I was too long of a strip which was causing errors with the mod. Corrected the issue and loaded up around 25 mg. Took all in one 5 to 7 sec hit. Immediate body effects and about 5 sec I was off into another land. No burnt spice, mesh was clean. Smooth vapor, no harsh hit or throat burn. And no fiddling around with the fire button just inhale and fire.

One thing I did notice was that vapor immediately started to come out of the air holes on the side of the atomizer. Just have to get the timing right between the fire button and inhale.

From my limited use of different teks, the e-mesh method easily beats out the yocan Magento in every aspect of use except for set up process.

Thank you all again for sharing this wonderful method.

Hey, I’m the other user using the Vzone Cultura. I couldn’t get mine to work properly in SS mode as each time I pressed the button it would cut-out after like 5 seconds n come up on the display ‘temp protect’. I fiddled with my settings for ages with no luck. However, as soon as I tried TCR mode it worked perfectly. This is using the Vandy Vape 0.9 150 mesh with mod settings at 30w n temp 220c.

Just thought I’d give you the heads-up

Thanks for that. I was getting the same thing but almost immediately after pressing the fire button. Shortening the length of the mesh worked for me. For TCR mode did you use 0.0009?

With the wotofo it measure a resistance of around 0.5 ohms.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

some one
#122 Posted : 6/24/2019 8:30:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Strange. I experienced the same with my Evolve v2 mini.

Modbox display showed 'temp protect', but instead of hovering at around 5W (with no air intake), it jumped between 5W and to 0.1W. While firing the mesh stayed cold. First I thought the RDA was shorted from spilled DMT melted into the slots. I dipped the RDA in Acetone, dissolving any possible residue and cleaned the mesh. Tried again, same problem. When I changed to Wattage mode the mesh heated up. Then tried TCR mode and it worked.

I noticed from the glow and radiated heat that the mesh seems to heat up higher with TCR 90 (0.00090) than it does with the pre-programmed SS TC mode. The Evolve manual states SS is 80 - 200. Conclusion: best is to use TCR 90 even if your mod has a SS TC setting. So we are all using the same standard. Just thinking though, wouldn't Wattage mode work just as good?

As usual, Aum was right and I didn't listen. Loading DMT on top of a short mesh isn't the best way. Better is a longer mesh for horizontal use with a DIY top. The VandyVape RDA has two wall parts, an inner and an outer. I carefully pulled them apart with wrenches. I took a plastic bottle and cut a rectangle and taped it between both ends. The outer end (bottom) fits onto the RDA with the mesh. The inner end (top) fits onto the mouth piece. The plastic is taped in between with a tight fit. No air leakage. Next will be cutting or melting airholes throught the plastic to the airholes in the steel. I am thinking of making the mesh 10cm total length (the VV RDA kit mesh is 7cm).

As Aum mentioned:
Spreading out over more area = faster vaporization
Much easier to load horizontal

And with this design:
The transparent plastic lets you see what's happening on the mesh and when everything is gone.

Update:
on testing the plastic smelled due to high temp. Don't use plastic.

Broccoli555, how long was the mesh that didn't work? Have you tried TCR 90 yet?
0.5 ohm seems high, my 7cm mesh measures 0.25-0.28.
some one attached the following image(s):
mesh.jpg (135kb) downloaded 753 time(s).
some = one | here = some | there = one

Broccoli555
#123 Posted : 6/28/2019 4:56:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Strange. I experienced the same with my Evolve v2 mini.

Modbox display showed 'temp protect', but instead of hovering at around 5W (with no air intake), it jumped between 5W and to 0.1W. While firing the mesh stayed cold. First I thought the RDA was shorted from spilled DMT melted into the slots. I dipped the RDA in Acetone, dissolving any possible residue and cleaned the mesh. Tried again, same problem. When I changed to Wattage mode the mesh heated up. Then tried TCR mode and it worked.

I noticed from the glow and radiated heat that the mesh seems to heat up higher with TCR 90 (0.00090) than it does with the pre-programmed SS TC mode. The Evolve manual states SS is 80 - 200. Conclusion: best is to use TCR 90 even if your mod has a SS TC setting. So we are all using the same standard. Just thinking though, wouldn't Wattage mode work just as good?

As usual, Aum was right and I didn't listen. Loading DMT on top of a short mesh isn't the best way. Better is a longer mesh for horizontal use with a DIY top. The VandyVape RDA has two wall parts, an inner and an outer. I carefully pulled them apart with wrenches. I took a plastic bottle and cut a rectangle and taped it between both ends. The outer end (bottom) fits onto the RDA with the mesh. The inner end (top) fits onto the mouth piece. The plastic is taped in between with a tight fit. No air leakage. Next will be cutting or melting airholes throught the plastic to the airholes in the steel. I am thinking of making the mesh 10cm total length (the VV RDA kit mesh is 7cm).

As Aum mentioned:
Spreading out over more area = faster vaporization
Much easier to load horizontal

And with this design:
The transparent plastic lets you see what's happening on the mesh and when everything is gone.

Broccoli555, how long was the mesh that didn't work? Have you tried TCR 90 yet?
0.5 ohm seems high, my 7cm mesh measures 0.25-0.28.

Sorry for the confusion for cold resistance I get around that resistance of the mesh. Sometimes up to 0.32. I'm thinking about buying a cheap Chinese mesh Rda from AliExpress. Not sure if sourcing is allowed here for that type of stuff but I was wondering what your guys thoughts on those. I'm finding it sort of difficult to find one that would be cheap and work with the type of mesh ss316 150. All the ones that I found look as though they would only fit the swirl type of metal, not sure what it's called.

some one
#124 Posted : 7/4/2019 4:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion for cold resistance I get around that resistance of the mesh. Sometimes up to 0.32. I'm thinking about buying a cheap Chinese mesh Rda from AliExpress. Not sure if sourcing is allowed here for that type of stuff but I was wondering what your guys thoughts on those. I'm finding it sort of difficult to find one that would be cheap and work with the type of mesh ss316 150. All the ones that I found look as though they would only fit the swirl type of metal, not sure what it's called.

Publishing dmt etc. containing plant sources is not allowed, but shops that sell vape gear is (vapes are legal). So you may show what you wish to buy. Not sure I understand your question otherwise. The two RDA's talked about in the treat both work with SS 150 meshes, you just cut them to fit the holes. Unless you find those too expensive.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Aum_Shanti
#125 Posted : 7/4/2019 6:30:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a cheap Chinese mesh Rda from AliExpress. Not sure if sourcing is allowed here for that type of stuff but I was wondering what your guys thoughts on those.

I myself have one of those Vandyvape knock off's. Was $10 incl. worldwide shipping...

You cannot beat that price wise, and works like a charm.

E.g. here pics of it:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=977707#post977707
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Broccoli555
#126 Posted : 7/5/2019 4:41:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Broccoli555 wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a cheap Chinese mesh Rda from AliExpress. Not sure if sourcing is allowed here for that type of stuff but I was wondering what your guys thoughts on those.

I myself have one of those Vandyvape knock off's. Was $10 incl. worldwide shipping...

You cannot beat that price wise, and works like a charm.

E.g. here pics of it:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=977707#post977707

I've been looking for the vandy vape knockoffs but can't find any for under 25.

Aum_Shanti
#127 Posted : 7/5/2019 9:02:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:

Lol, just look at the URL of the linked pics Wink

There the one in the pics (which I use) is currently 9 bucks incl worldwide shipping.

Just search for "mesh atomizer"
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Broccoli555
#128 Posted : 7/6/2019 5:01:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Broccoli555 wrote:

Lol, just look at the URL of the linked pics Wink

There the one in the pics (which I use) is currently 9 bucks incl worldwide shipping.

Just search for "mesh atomizer"

Hahaha literally did not even think of that. Thank you. Going to try out that atomizer and see if it works better then the wotofo.

With the wotofo right now the mesh is kind of hit or miss. At times the temperature does not register correctly and sits at 50 degrees while the mesh glows bright red. Other times the temp protect kicks in too quick and the mesh does not heat up. But when this thing does work, it works

Aum_Shanti
#129 Posted : 7/8/2019 7:52:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:
Going to try out that atomizer and see if it works better then the wotofo.

Sry, didn't get that you already have a wotofo. Then I would assume the problem is not the atomizer, but maybe the mod?

E.g. I have a real eleaf pico and a knockoff chinese one (still having all eleaf logos etc on it :grinSmile. The genuine pico has a very good TC, but the knockoff a very bad one.

BTW: You can see the difference e.g. between my two picos (genuine vs. knockoff) very easily from the build quality (e.g. the knockoff just has a metalized plastic screw cap for the battery vs. the genuine having a full metal cap).

Broccoli555
#130 Posted : 7/11/2019 8:27:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Broccoli555 wrote:
Going to try out that atomizer and see if it works better then the wotofo.

Sry, didn't get that you already have a wotofo. Then I would assume the problem is not the atomizer, but maybe the mod?

E.g. I have a real eleaf pico and a knockoff chinese one (still having all eleaf logos etc on it :grinSmile. The genuine pico has a very good TC, but the knockoff a very bad one.

BTW: You can see the difference e.g. between my two picos (genuine vs. knockoff) very easily from the build quality (e.g. the knockoff just has a metalized plastic screw cap for the battery vs. the genuine having a full metal cap).

The vzone cultura 100w mod that I bought seems to be authentic. Usually Chinese knockoffs the weight and build don't seem as good, but with the box mod I bought the packaging and product seem to be authentic.

I'm hoping the problem is the atomizer. I have a knockoff vandyvape on the way to test out.

Baltimore1
#131 Posted : 7/20/2019 9:52:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, which of these mods would be a better option for Vandy Vape e- mesh ?
-Eleaf iStick Pico TC 75W
-VOOPOO TOO 180W TC Box
-Vaporesso Swag TC Box mod 80W

I m total newby to vaping, so I have no idea if there's any significant difference between them, just in the same price range .

sbios
#132 Posted : 7/22/2019 12:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, thanks OP for testing the different methods and everyone sharing the experiences. So I've been following the thread for a while now because I'm quite interested in the comparison between sai titanium bucket vs. mesh. Now checking back to see all the new results!

I had been using Sai with good results, but I did notice the slow heating up due to the ceramic donut that tends to heat up slower than quartz. Then there is the titanium bucket receiving the heat on contact with the ceramic donut so I assume there's some dissipation in heating. So I dialed the TC higher than recommended. Even that, it is still a far better method than yocans I've tried.

My method was to have it heat up for 10 sec before inhale slowly to take it all in. 2nd draw is possible, but likely most spice would be already gone.

I'm extremely interested in trying out the mesh method having read all the success stories. However, Aum-Shanti's explanation on spice and mesh's surface area gave me an idea to try it out on Sai - as an improvement. Because I did notice the liquid spice climbs up the Sai titanium chamber, which I believe due to its smooth circular surface actually prevents the spice to vapor easily. I'm still traveling at the moment, so I can't test it out myself. Though I'd like to put a mesh in the bottom of Sai bucket and load the spice that way. The mesh will provide a better surface area for spice to turn into vapor. It's a theory, and it'd be great to see if this addition can make any sort of improvement...

I await for the result. Much thanks

Propello
#133 Posted : 8/5/2019 10:03:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Baltimore1 wrote:
Hi, which of these mods would be a better option for Vandy Vape e- mesh ?
-Eleaf iStick Pico TC 75W
-VOOPOO TOO 180W TC Box
-Vaporesso Swag TC Box mod 80W

I m total newby to vaping, so I have no idea if there's any significant difference between them, just in the same price range .

Forget the pico and the swag - the vandyvape rda won' fit because of the battery cap.
If you don't vape daily, a mod with one battery will do perfectly good. You can check out pico 25 or wismec cb 80, both are good and affordable mods. Stay away from smok, their chips suck.
Everything from vaporesso is very good. but a bit more expensive. and the vandyvape mesh rda of course Smile

Propello
#134 Posted : 8/5/2019 10:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks, back from some weeks holiday Smile

According the titanium bucket SAI, I have experimented a bit, and it works good, but need some preheating before drawing. Long slow draws makes it works ok, and crushes the motar, yocan evolve plus and the likes I have checked out and reviewed, but it still isn't close to the gvg or e-mesh method considering:
- less spice for breakthrough
- much better taste, no burnt taste
- one hit wonder - everything goes down in one hit.

The one big advantige for the Sai, is the administration of spice to the cup vs putting spice on the mesh without spilling, and for discrete and smaller dosing if at festivals and so on.
But for breakthrough it is the mesh ruling for me at the moment.

Since I came home I have receive a big sheet of mesh 100 SS 304, which I have tried to form with scissors so the mesh 'platform' pretty much covers the inner dripper surface, see images.
This makes it a lot easier to put the spice on the mesh with no spilling.

The main heated area is preety much the same with as the feet with at the bend, so put the spice in the middle area betwwen the bends. See the glowing mesh image for illustration.

I am very pleased with the new bigger mesh patent, so much easier to load, and the spice vapiroze faster since you can use a larger surface to distibute it.No problem loading 50-60 mg.
The mesh can be ordrered very cheap from ebay aliexpress, wish, dhgate and so on.

I Cut a4 cm strip 20mm wide, and form it around a coin about 19mm to form the mesh piece into fitting into the dripper space, and cut from wide to narrow to fit the legs.

NB! The Vandyvape mesh RDA is the one you should use. The wotofo is smaller and hav less space for the legs than the VV. It ius useable, but not just as good for this purpose.

Blessings
Propello attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190805_201853378.jpg (2,675kb) downloaded 522 time(s).
IMG_20190805_203634830.jpg (2,543kb) downloaded 520 time(s).
IMG_20190805_201854397.jpg (2,793kb) downloaded 523 time(s).
IMG_20190805_201627850_HDR.jpg (2,729kb) downloaded 517 time(s).
IMG_20190805_211833169.jpg (2,587kb) downloaded 505 time(s).

MellowMushdoom
#135 Posted : 8/14/2019 6:16:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone gone further in depth with the Sai TAF?

I have one, as well as the Vandy Mesh.
Just haven't had time to sit down and properly go in with either yet.

Propello
#136 Posted : 8/14/2019 8:39:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MellowMushdoom wrote:

I still haven't mastered The Sai titanium bucket yet, love The e-mesh to much. The Sai is The best of the atomizers i have tested, much better than The yocan evolve pluss and The motar, but The direct e-mesh crushes everything else in ny humble opinion.

No burnt taste
One hit breakthrough
Most effective method less spice used.

MellowMushdoom
#137 Posted : 8/14/2019 7:32:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
MellowMushdoom wrote:

I still haven't mastered The Sai titanium bucket yet, love The e-mesh to much. The Sai is The best of the atomizers i have tested, much better than The yocan evolve pluss and The motar, but The direct e-mesh crushes everything else in ny humble opinion.

No burnt taste
One hit breakthrough
Most effective method less spice used.

Current setups
Vandy Vape mesh RDA
PICO 25 85w
TCR.00090 or in SS mode (ss mesh that came with it)
220c
30w

And

Sai TAF Ti
PICO 25 85w
TCR .00240
220c
30w

Both set up as per this thread. Is it normal for the mod to flash "Temperature Control" after only a few seconds? Happens with both setups.
Resistance is locked within the stated range for each set up.
Got no real vape experience outside of these.
Mostly just want them for people who can't manage to launch with the GVG for some reason.

Propello
#138 Posted : 8/14/2019 8:51:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try M1 or manual tcr if possible.

From The manual:
Temperature Protection: in TC modes, when the actual temperature of coil reaches the set temperature, the screen will display "Temp Protection". You can continue to use the device normally.

The mesh should slightly glow in a dark Room and pulse on/off in tc mode

MellowMushdoom
#139 Posted : 8/15/2019 1:00:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
Try M1 or manual tcr if possible.

From The manual:
Temperature Protection: in TC modes, when the actual temperature of coil reaches the set temperature, the screen will display "Temp Protection". You can continue to use the device normally.

The mesh should slightly glow in a dark Room and pulse on/off in tc mode

Cool. Then its operating properly. Awesome.
Time to man up and take a ride

Propello
#140 Posted : 8/15/2019 9:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bon Voyage! Let us know how it wprks out for you. Remember to liquify The spice first🌠

Blessings

«PREV56789NEXT»