We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hey Everybody, DMT noob here Options

ChrisMMcD
#1 Posted : 3/14/2008 3:29:42 AM

🧿

Hi everybody! Just stumbled on dmt-nexus today. I considered extracting a while back, wish I had this source of info.
Is Noman's tek good for a noobie?
Mimosa hostilis seems pretty popular here, anybody have a link for a tek geared towards beginners?

Thanks!
Witness this object. Witness the inner rotation devoid of transaction. Shut your eyes. No salespersons will disturb. Unwind. Recline. I seek no favors from you. Recline. Unwind. Superior soil effortlessly cleanses away. Recline. Unveil. Orient yourself. Observe. Attend. Employ ears that I'd proudly claim as ours. Attend to the hush amidst the mechanical clamor. Sweetheart, heed. Do you perceive it? It's a ballad of affection.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ChrisMMcD
#2 Posted : 3/14/2008 3:53:42 AM

🧿

Oops, found the noman tech on erowid, thanks anyway. Seems like a nice beginner tek.
Witness this object. Witness the inner rotation devoid of transaction. Shut your eyes. No salespersons will disturb. Unwind. Recline. I seek no favors from you. Recline. Unwind. Superior soil effortlessly cleanses away. Recline. Unveil. Orient yourself. Observe. Attend. Employ ears that I'd proudly claim as ours. Attend to the hush amidst the mechanical clamor. Sweetheart, heed. Do you perceive it? It's a ballad of affection.

burnt
#3 Posted : 3/14/2008 8:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

mimosa would be the recommended source. as far as teks i dunno i never really them too much.

ChrisMMcD
#4 Posted : 3/15/2008 12:07:12 AM

🧿

Anybody here try extracting DMT from phalaris grass? It's pretty common at garden centers.

magic clown
#5 Posted : 3/22/2008 12:02:14 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Not only at garden centers! It grows away quite happily all over the place without any need for human intervention. It is a very common grass, just go to your local golf course. Look at the grass that grows around the ponds. Chances are there will be large quantities of Phalaris Arundinecia.

There are however, a few significant drawbacks to Phalaris grass as a source for spice. It isnt particularly potent in comparison with Mimosa, and the concentration is highly variable from zero to not very much. It contains other alkhaloids far less desirable (toxic) which are unavoidably extracted with the spice. Extraction requires more effort with extra defatting stages thrown in.

There has been limited talk about Phalaris Brachystacys on this and other related sites, with promises of higher yields and kinder alkhaloid concentrations. But while Mimosa remaians legal and easy to aquire, cheap and simple to extract, with out any of the nasties, I doubt there will be much interest in any Phalaris type grass.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

MalargueZiggy
#6 Posted : 3/22/2008 3:13:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chris: IMO Noman's is perfect for a beginner, can be done quickly and easily with equipment and chems readily available for anyone and has no significantly tricky stages. I think SWIM will move to Vovin's tek eventually but only when he has a bigger place and has subtly built up his store of proper equipment.

Stick to Mimosa. Most quotes of volumes etc etc are for Mimosa and generally speaking the quality of what you get is good. If you're in the UK I can suggest a tried and tested supplier. For the states there are innumerable sources.

IMO, extracting the spice is the easy bit, the hardest part of this whole thing is learning to smoke it and getting enough to get the full effects.

Things to note: you'll prob come across this anyway in your research and no doubt you'll be asking a few more q's along the way but be aware that the ammonia wash in the published version of Noman's tek is no longer generally used. SWIM has extracted pure spice very happily by leaving this out and using a soda wash. Also, IMO don't buy prepowdered bark; it's not 'that' hard to powder it yourself, and prepowdered uses different quantities of water (and IMO is more liable to be less good; just my personal exp/opinion).

Bite the bullet and you could have spice within a week!
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

magic clown
#7 Posted : 3/22/2008 10:33:53 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I promise that I'm not saying this to confuse the Noobs, but I never consider buying anything other than pre powdered Mimosa and swear by ammonia washing.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense