We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
calming an overexcited nervous system from weed? Options

Morphing Interstices
#1 Posted : 12/19/2009 3:01:50 AM

What is real anyway?

Does anyone have a good botanical insight into this question? I have that kind of disposition where if i try to sleep after being stoned, even quite a long time after, I just lie in bed feeling energy zapping around my body and my head, enjoying my thoughts but having a LOT of of them, seeing a lot of kaleidoscopic visuals, having epiphanies, feeling really horny etc.. and of course that is GREAT and I do not complain and some of the things i have figured out in that kind of state have been REALLY useful to me afterwards, but the thing is, sometimes I really need to get to sleep too, working the next day etc... so i have a few techniques for managing that - deep abdominal breathing, having someone massage my shoulders, taking a hot shower, masturbating....But there are times when i would just like to be able to drink some sort of healthy brewed potion that might calm me down. Any suggestions would be definitely appreciated...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/19/2009 4:02:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

does that to me to..
Long live the unwoke.

Morphing Interstices
#3 Posted : 12/19/2009 4:33:12 AM

What is real anyway?

What do you do when it happens?

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/19/2009 5:15:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well..I just dont smoke it more than 1-2 times a month anymore..

I hate being stoned late at night and rolling back and forth trying to sleep..gives me anxiety..

I like to be at the beach at night when I smoke so I can roam around and have lots of space.

Maybe if you only take like 1 hit it wont be as bad..I feel ok with 1 toke..more than that and I start to trip hard and feel alot of uncontrollable energy within. On occasions where I smoked way to much I have had full on muscle spasms from the energy surges..
Long live the unwoke.

Morphing Interstices
#5 Posted : 12/19/2009 5:42:06 AM

What is real anyway?

Right yeah. I definitely do limit my smoking to once every couple of weeks, but more because i don't like the foggy head effect the next day and the frequency of forgetting things. I actually love being stoned and all the energy release it gives me, its just that it is occasionally impractical because I need to get to sleep and can't. I find milder doses still hype me just as much, weirdly.

vetiarvind
#6 Posted : 12/19/2009 6:07:21 AM

Arvind

Perhaps this is a psychological issue? Personally, I find that mind set affects the consequences of weed a lot. If I am relaxed and feel the unity of everything(which is one of the lessons cannabis has taught me) during smoking, I find that it does not affect me much. In fact I cant take 5-6 heavy tokes, and still be pretty functional.

Before I knew this, too much weed would simply get my system overworked. There have been times that after 3 tokes from a bong, my heart beat would go real fast. I would experience epiphanies(one of which I learnt was the unity of all), my chakras would start firing up with energy(BTW I did not believe in chakras before I smoked week Smile ) and I would end up just crashing on the bed really hard. Intensely vivid dreams would then follow.

I find that meditating on the third eye( a spot on the middle of your forehead) helps to calm you down a lot. By meditating, I do not mean doing the lotus position,etc. Just keep your focus there. The side effects however may be that you may start seeing visions. have loss of ego, etc much like smoking a lot of salvia does. However, after doing it a couple of times you will know your optimum point and will find out when to stop your 3rd eye meditation and get overly relaxed.

Sorry if my answer is not exactly what you are looking for. Perhaps instead of biology, a bit of psychology might be the answer you are looking for. Just my 2c.

Regards.
This is it. This is what it was. This is what it will be.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/19/2009 6:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

look for a mulungu tincture...it helps with anxiety and restlessness....can also be used to calm hypertensive effects...its gentle but strong..doesnt make you wake up groggy..and helps reduce your anxiety all in one..it also protects the liver..

Quote:
Indigenous to the Brazilian Amazon the bark of the Mulungu tree is traditionally used to treat a wide range mood disorders including depression, anxiety, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder.

It’s calming and sedative properties also make it useful in treating restlessness and insomnia.

Research trials also have demonstrated mulungu to have liver protective effects, anti-inflammatory action, anti-microbial action, and anti-hypertensive effects. Mulungu may also prove useful in treating drug withdrawal including nicotine.

In the past decade a good deal of clinical research has revealed that Mulungu contains a remarkable profile of many novel and highly bio-active compounds including alkaloids, flavonoids and triterpenes . Clinical research has identified as least 20 alkaloids which seem to be responsible for mulungu’s beneficial effects.

its really great stuff..another few things you can try is make some lavender tea..or get some lavender essential oil and put it on your pillow...you can also make a little lavender pillow...

valerian root will also help quite a bit...

but over all mulungu seems to work the best for me..its powerful..but gentle on the body

another thing you might want to try is binaural rhythms or isochronic tones

ive been finding that isochronic tones are better for falling asleep because they dont require you to wear headphones as you fall asleep..it works similar to binaural beats..

"the interference pattern that produces the beat is outside the brain so headphones are not required, but since isochronic tones are more pronounced, the stimuli is even stronger. "

it's a sound