We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-Limonene in Europe - this one correct? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 4/9/2019 1:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hello!

I want to buy D-Limonene for Bufo TEKs.

I never was interested into Limonene, so I dont know how the correct labeled one should look like.

Normally I just searched D-Limonene on Ebay and this was what may be good to go:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/...T&fromMakeTrack=true

or

https://www.ebay.de/itm/...6f9d2:g:T0AAAOxygo9Q43ZA

It states to contain 100 % D-Limonene, BUT it also is labeled as 100 % Orange terpenes further down.

So as I dont know of all the orange terpenes contained in Oranges for sure, is it EITHER limonene or a mixture of limonene and other stuff?

Because why writing terpeneS (plural) if there is only 1 single terpene, namely Limonene, contained?

At least that's what I hope.

If this is not the correct one, maybe you could give me the corresponding source?

THXXX =)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

grollum
#2 Posted : 4/9/2019 4:25:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you have to trust them! And if they write 100% this means 100%. And since it is made out of natural things like orangepeel it is not a big thing when there is 1 % of water or other impurities in it. Thats how I understand it.
One thing you could do is to buy from a company which is known for organic products.
I had this one on my ebay watchlist: https://www.ebay.de/itm/...sid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
You dont get it cheaper then 20 for 1l.

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 4/9/2019 6:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So this is funny.

then "Orange oil" is the same as "pure D-Limonene" ?

Because 2 weeks ago our nice member Alkemist promoted buying Orange oil for its beta-Pinenes which could reduce nausea of a quite load of substances.

Then I bought exactly that Orange oil, just in a 250 ml bottle instead.

What makes me think is that he told that the Orange oil you just posted is quite a mixture of stuff.

Thats why it also has beta pinenes (up to 6 % I think ??) in it, that would be nice for your stomach.

Is it then really the same?

Actually I don't care now, I bought the "100 % D-Limonene" thing so I should be safe. Just curious in what connection it is now to your link. Confused

grollum
#4 Posted : 4/9/2019 6:38:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there, I think I made a mistake. I checked again and orangeoil is only 94% Limonene and the rest is other chemicals. Find the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_oil

I am not sure if orangeoil is usable as well. Sorry for this to fast answer and confusion.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 4/9/2019 6:39:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I myself have tried pure Beta-Pinene, and pure Alpha-Pinenes (both the Cholinergic, and the GABAergic kind), and so far Limonene seems to be what helps with the stomach. I've tried Beta-Pinene, as well as the Alpha-Pinenes with the Rue, and Limonene is what seemed to help the stomach when it came to the Rue. I used to take Lemon essential oil daily for a few years, i definitely noticed the Lemon essential oil seemed to help with the stomach, then i started using pure/isolated terpenes, and the pure Limonene seems like it's what helps with the stomach. The Cholinergic Alpha-Pinene is also a major part of Lemon essential oil ime, but as far as i know doesn't help with the stomach.

Brennendes Wasser
#6 Posted : 4/10/2019 10:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Strange so you say pure Limonene works better to prevent nausea than the *original* nausea preventing stuff in orange oil?

Well I have both soon, so I can try.

But mostly I'm focussed on the usage of the 'REAL' D-Limonene, so thats what I care about most atm, but thanks for the idea to also try the limonene for stomach reasons ;D

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 4/10/2019 4:57:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i think it may be due to Limonene's 5-HT1A agonism. On the wiki page for 5-HT1A it says, "5-HT1A receptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus are co-localized with neurokinin 1 (NK1) receptors and have been shown to inhibit the release of substance P, their endogenous ligand. In addition to being antidepressant and anxiolytic in effect, 5-HT1A receptor activation has also been demonstrated to be antiemetic and analgesic, and all of these properties may be mediated in part or full, depending on the property in question, by NK1 receptor inhibition. Consequently, novel NK1 receptor antagonists are now in use for the treatment of nausea and emesis, and are also being investigated for the treatment of anxiety and depression."

Brennendes Wasser
#8 Posted : 7/3/2019 7:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well this is old, but this question is new:

How to dispose waste Limonene?

It does not really evaporate (let's say you have 300 ml at least) and it is water hazardous Wut?

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 7/5/2019 3:40:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Put it in an oil lamp, or soak it into some paper, and burn it.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ulim
#10 Posted : 7/5/2019 4:20:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Use it to light campfires or grills. Lamps works as well but its very orange-y.