We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Immidiate tolerance clarified Options

blacksheep
#1 Posted : 12/20/2006 6:29:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've always heard that when smoking DMT one had to huff it up quick, and if the effects didn't kick in than one would have to wait at least an hour or so before the next attempt as with salvia divinorum. The night before last my freind loaded about 110mg into a pipe on ash (after experimenting with oil pipes and light bulbs this is his prefered method),and took a a couple hits, there was a stillness in the room with a slight vibration permiating, the calm before the storm fore sure, the humming got louder the carpet, the pipe, and his hands, became beaded, tracers became thick, and heavy cutting the air when he moved, at this point everything really semed as tho it was going to explode, he took another hit and with that he knew he was in for it. Before it really kicked in he felt a little physaclly uneasy and reached for some water he had on hand, when he looked at the glass he hardly new what he was looking at, even tho he knew he wanted a drink, upon looking at the glass he was confused, but took a little baby sip and somthing told him to just lay down, by the time his head hit the pillow it was on, KABOOM... Interesting how some times the experience waits for you to smoke a bunch before kicking in, and on other occasions it happens more immidiatley. I wont attempt to interpratate what went on but it was humbling, to say the least but in a good way, yet for how intense the introspection was the experience was quite gentle with him. Last night 70mg was huffed in a dark room where the only light was the reflection on a mirror comming from a light outside about a 1/4 mile away. This light turned to a jellyfish type thing that when it moved(the way jelly fish move) a wave of DMT patterns would radiate from iteventually filling the room with blue and purple fractals and waves the jelly fish swam closer and closer toward his face he began to wonder if it could/would bite him. There was an OM type humming that got louder and louder, as the patterns filled the room so did the OM. After the effects of this last voyage simmered down to minimal visuals (20-30min) he had a cigarette and wondered what would happen if he smoked more, so he loaded another 100mg and smoked it over a few minutes. It took him a minute to realise that he was infact tripping, infact pretty hard. But it wasn't like the "Flash" that we usually associate with DMT, more like shrooms or somthing, but a pretty good shroom trip, very visual. This experience faded to minimal, and he loaded probably between 2-300mg. Not weighing at this point, he looked at it and though "that's alot" but than told himself, that this was no accident. So he assumed the position and huffed, and...er, uh, how should I put it, (!!!)HOLY-SHIT(!!!), it was totally on, incredible, nothing he's ever seen was so fuckin beatiful, I'll leave it at that. Total time tripping? 3.5hours on smoked DMT without returning to base line. Now there were periods where the trip mellowed out (only a little)and he took cigarette breaks but he would smoke about half a cig' than take another hit of DMT and would immidiatly be tripping again. Occasionally taking another hit. Initially the smoke is harsh and leaves him short of breath but after the flash he could take deeper hits and breathing seemed to be better. Very different than a flash, but trademark DMT visuals, he wondered if it was like AYA but resigned to the idea that the MAOI would alter the experience signifacantlly making the AYA trip unique from pure DMT. With the DMT flash it's more debilitating, the swirling patterns come right to your face, your eyes get heavy so you shut them than somthing forces you to open them, and blammo theres this thing doing shit to you, you are definitly being acted on and you find yourself drooling. With the repeated smoking all that is there but its not so "on you" its kind of everywhere and you remain more youself through the experience. So there does sort of seem to be an immidiate tolerance, in that you wont have an earth shaking, MIND FUCKING flash, but you'll trip your brains out just the same. Also, likening the expereience to heavy dose of shrooms or LSD, but of course totally unique from those, my freind said unlike the former two, it felt so clean and natural, as tho he hadn't ingested anything, astho it was an endogenus phenomenon. After 3 hours, he reckoned he could smoke more but opted to lay down, the experience is over he told himself. Going to bed he was staggering feeling a bit rubbery and worn out, but still tripping a bit. Sleep didn't come for a while, woke up before sunrise with a headache, took excedrine and returned to sleep, woke up at 7am feeling fine, he immidiatley began to work on some tasks he's been putting off, transplanting and what not. Consesus? DMT's pretty fuckin' rad...
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Noman
#2 Posted : 12/20/2006 8:32:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:ea7f5e6609="blacksheep"] Very different than a flash, but trademark DMT visuals, he wondered if it was like AYA but resigned to the idea that the MAOI would alter the experience signifacantlly making the AYA trip unique from pure DMT.[/quote:ea7f5e6609] Try doing Anahuasca using only 1.5g rue. 2-3 hours feeling pretty much straight DMT. Cool report hardhead. 2 - 300mg - "that's a lot". Razz

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 12/20/2006 10:54:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Nice experience report. Costs some DMT but I asume this was an all out trip with a memory lasting a lifetime?

blacksheep
#4 Posted : 12/21/2006 12:47:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea, nearly 1/2 gram pretty costly, probably wouldn't do this sort of thing all the time, especially if there's any kind of day by day tolerance. He'll more than likley put that to the test this evening if 70 to 80 doesn't do it than it'll be time to put the pipe down for a while, to allow a reduction of tolerance. Guess he's a hard head 50mg is cool but not over the top. One of the reasons he was ever atracted to DMT in the first place was because of its reported potential for going directlly to mach-5 (whatever that means). He's got week lungs too from cigarette smoke mainly, mabey the excessive cannabis too, "Humboldt hack", so he finds it hard to get a good hit and hold it in. He said to me that he's been wanting to take an MAOI before vaporizing DMT in order to get there easier. Also hes been wanting to do his next extractions with toluol figuring that the presensce of the red spice might give it more of an edge. All that said DMT is appreciable at any level, 10mg is cool for what it is which is not what 50mg is. 10mg with cannabis is cool too and I imagine 10mg with mescaline would be pretty cool as well.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

psilocybin
#5 Posted : 12/21/2006 4:59:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

An MAOI won't help when smoking DMT from what I understand as they effect the digestive track.

blacksheep
#6 Posted : 1/2/2007 6:19:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I havn't ever taken an MAOI so I dont know, but from what I understand by taking an MAOI the "set and setting" will be dramaticlly altered, giving a new platform from which to launch, it would give a boost I'd wager.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

magic clown
#7 Posted : 1/6/2007 1:28:09 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I would just like to add a cautionary tale to this thread so people dont make the mistake a friend of mine once made. He used to buy DMT as a reddish ear waxy like substance. It was very sticky and not to easy to handle. Out of expiediency or lazyness, he would put the whole gram in his smoke bubble, vapourize what he needed, leaving the rest in there for the next time. This method worked well enough for him to become quite relaxed about dossages. One day his friend gave him some peganum harmarla seeds and information on their safe ingestion. My friend simmered 3g seeds with lemon juice for twenty minutes, then drank the foul tastting liquor. He waited 20 mins until he felt a not umplesant mushroomy type come up. He then reached for his vapourizor, and started toking. Normaly 3/4 deep drafts would send him to places he likes but often finds words inadequate to describe. This time nothing happened so he continued toking. He dosnt remember how much he ingested but has since never been so casual. He found himself in a very scary place, too horiffic to describe. Every nerve in his body was screaming like he was wired up to the mains and receiving 240 volts. He had absolutly no ability to engage with the out side world. He was having shooting spasms of pain so violent that he pulled muscles in his rib cage that prevented him from breathing comfortably for a week after. He was left in that hole for five hours. He now knows peganum slows down the onset of DMT. His preferred method when going down this route, is to use 2.5gs of peganum and puts 100mg DMT in a small one skin joint with a 50/50 mix tobaco and datura strominium leaves. He smokes this slowly and after half the joint is consumed, stops and waits and decides how much deeper he wants to go, relighting the joint and taking successive inhalations one at a time. He finds with this method and can go from threshold to beyond description, regulating the intensity with consumate ease. He finds the datura makes a very cool smoke and eases him into the trip which lasts for 4 hours. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

blacksheep
#8 Posted : 1/6/2007 4:53:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Your freind hasn't found any trouble mixing datura with the syrian rue??? How much datura does your freind smoke by itself for a mild trip?
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

blacksheep
#9 Posted : 1/6/2007 4:55:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

just to clarify, meaning for a datura trip, not including DMT/maoi how much datura leaf/root/seed would be a good starting point from his or her perspective?
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Noman
#10 Posted : 1/6/2007 10:53:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c105acf5ab="blacksheep"] Also hes been wanting to do his next extractions with toluol figuring that the presensce of the red spice might give it more of an edge.[/quote:c105acf5ab] Be careful with the red spice, hardhead. Dose it like 5MEO at first. "Give it more of an edge." - Jeez. Rolling eyes Very happy

blacksheep
#11 Posted : 1/7/2007 3:41:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Noman- He intends on smoking it with DMT in the ratio that the root gives it, to give the DMT more of an edge. Thank you for the advice tho
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

magic clown
#12 Posted : 1/8/2007 8:04:15 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

My freind has had absolutely no problems mixing Datura with an MAOI and would not expect to. Datura is a traditional add mixture to many ayahuasca brews and he has faith in those traditions knowing theyve been developed over thousands of years. He just found by chance experiementing, that this was a combination that works well for him. He likes the cool smoke, finds it easier than just plain tobaco. He never bothered weighing the datura, but can tell you its not much a pinch maybe 20xs less than you would need for a datura trip. He dosnt like tropane based trips at all and is very wary of them.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Kija.
#13 Posted : 1/9/2007 7:59:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quoteVery happy0ef3a6992="Noman"][quoteVery happy0ef3a6992="blacksheep"] Also hes been wanting to do his next extractions with toluol figuring that the presensce of the red spice might give it more of an edge.[/quoteVery happy0ef3a6992] Be careful with the red spice, hardhead. Dose it like 5MEO at first. "Give it more of an edge." - Jeez. Rolling eyes Very happy[/quoteVery happy0ef3a6992] Red spice is not 5meo.

blacksheep
#14 Posted : 1/9/2007 11:36:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I believe he's advising to dose it like 5MeO, as in vaporize 5 to 10mg, and still expect an ass kicking, as opposed to 60 to 70mg like with nnDMT
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Noman
#15 Posted : 1/10/2007 6:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Zackly. I got skull fucked by the red spice from taking a hit off a bowl that had already been hit with a torch and was only 15-20mg to begin with. What in the fuck is the red spice? I'm thinking of going to Mind States this year and Shulgin is going to be there. I'll ask him if I can.

quantumbrujo
#16 Posted : 1/11/2007 7:41:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The red spice or "Jungle DMT" is yuremamine,and it can be extracted with xylene as it isn't soluble in naptha,and then the DMT can be washed out with naptha leaving behind the yuremamine red crystals.A small hit blasted me out of reality and it was a much darker scarier trip than DMT alone.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen