CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
These chickens jacking our style? Options
 
Achilles
#1 Posted : 7/1/2019 11:49:58 PM

I is the obstacle.


Posts: 396
Joined: 21-May-2017
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Location: The Nexus
https://dmtworld.net/

Anyone know anything bout these guys?
This guys ego ^
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:04:29 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Posts: 727
Joined: 18-May-2019
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Location: The cool side of the pillow
Just another flavor. To be fair, the nexus is sorta like erowid. Everything has been done and will be done again. If I may quote South Park, “Simpson’s did it!”
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers
 
benzyme
#3 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:08:51 AM

bioanalytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7218
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Location: the lab
there was a dmt world back in the early-mid 2000s
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
XMR 46JqfBqi7JNM1W5rXXZ1FF1CBKKLoGEVBRya9Cn3RJmPbQhT4GeZpVKWbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm3whx5MW
BTC 3CNrz6Tj17U35GLkRB1zsNtVoedorw8oja
ETH 0xd433198cb786145767c67d874b36cd7d42baf57a
 
Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 880
Joined: 23-Jun-2018
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Twas the precursor to the Nexus, wasn't it? This was a question on the intro quiz.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand
 
benzyme
#5 Posted : 7/2/2019 2:26:44 AM

bioanalytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7218
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Location: the lab
that's what I figured.
I think the original forum actually dated back to 1999.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
XMR 46JqfBqi7JNM1W5rXXZ1FF1CBKKLoGEVBRya9Cn3RJmPbQhT4GeZpVKWbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm3whx5MW
BTC 3CNrz6Tj17U35GLkRB1zsNtVoedorw8oja
ETH 0xd433198cb786145767c67d874b36cd7d42baf57a
 
dreamer042
#6 Posted : 7/2/2019 2:31:12 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Posts: 4310
Joined: 10-Sep-2009
Last visit: 10-Jul-2020
Location: Rocky mountain high
Yep in the late 90's to early 2000's DMT World was the DMT forum. Nexus arose out of it's ashes.

When I was first made aware of this new social media site reviving the name I went and read their privacy policy and it left a lot to be desired so I haven't participated in any way.

Tripsit tried a social media site several years ago. It never really took off and died after a fairly short run. I expect similar from this one.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca
 
benzyme
#7 Posted : 7/2/2019 4:41:17 AM

bioanalytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7218
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Location: the lab
the techknowledge amassed on the nexus is second-to-none. This forum succeeds where many others have failed. And part of it (actually a lot of it) has to do with the community, and quality of posts. It is largely a self-regulating community.

I got asked via PM on another forum (organic chem-centric, with focus on synthesis) how it would be possible to improve the quality of that forum. I mentioned the aforementioned. The screening process, a WIKI page, and a self-regulating community, focused on safety and sustainability.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
XMR 46JqfBqi7JNM1W5rXXZ1FF1CBKKLoGEVBRya9Cn3RJmPbQhT4GeZpVKWbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm3whx5MW
BTC 3CNrz6Tj17U35GLkRB1zsNtVoedorw8oja
ETH 0xd433198cb786145767c67d874b36cd7d42baf57a
 
tatt
#8 Posted : 7/2/2019 5:33:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Posts: 4396
Joined: 17-Jan-2009
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Some definite red flags on that site, aside from some questionable things in the sec policy. Not going to open that can of worms though lol.

Little too flashy for me, but cool to see another site nonetheless. Will pass on that though.

 
TexasTrichocereus
#9 Posted : 7/2/2019 6:38:36 AM

Stay humble don’t stumble


Posts: 66
Joined: 25-Nov-2017
Last visit: 05-Aug-2019
Location: Tx
I like the nexus.
 
Achilles
#10 Posted : 7/2/2019 10:48:03 AM

I is the obstacle.


Posts: 396
Joined: 21-May-2017
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Location: The Nexus
tatt wrote:
Some definite red flags on that site, aside from some questionable things in the sec policy. Not going to open that can of worms though lol.

Little too flashy for me, but cool to see another site nonetheless. Will pass on that though.




Agreed. Glad to see the psychedelic community growing but the way I look at it is if you want quality information from experienced psychonauts you can trust, come to the nexus.
This guys ego ^
 
Intezam
#11 Posted : 7/3/2019 9:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1263
Joined: 01-Jun-2014
Last visit: 10-Aug-2019
we registered there, but we could not find a proper forum...only groups, also we don't understand: you can request a free account Access to chat is $ 5.00 a month...
.....what is that supposed to mean.........???
 
Achilles
#12 Posted : 7/3/2019 11:03:44 AM

I is the obstacle.


Posts: 396
Joined: 21-May-2017
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Location: The Nexus
Intezam wrote:
we registered there, but we could not find a proper forum...only groups, also we don't understand: you can request a free account Access to chat is $ 5.00 a month...
.....what is that supposed to mean.........???



Lol DMT World said money talks and bs walks. Guess they need some startup money...
This guys ego ^
 
Psilosopher?
#13 Posted : 7/3/2019 11:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 742
Joined: 28-Dec-2014
Last visit: 05-Feb-2020
Location: Everywhen
The fact they have a shop speaks volumes. They are in it for the money, and are just riding the DMT hype machine.
"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." - Buddha
 
null24
#14 Posted : 7/3/2019 3:54:26 PM

not a derogatory robot


Posts: 3455
Joined: 21-Jul-2012
Last visit: 20-Sep-2020
Psilosopher? wrote:
The fact they have a shop speaks volumes. They are in it for the money, and are just riding the DMT hype machine.

I really don't have a problem with people employing an entrepreneurial spirit in their psychedelic zeal. It's far more creative and better for the general well being of the universe in my opinion than deciding one wants to be a drug dealer, I mean shaman which is the major life change many decide upon.

That said, that site does seem just a tad wack.

Was the domain the original name for this place? I seem to recall that from so be nexus history lesson...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*
decrimART
 
tatt
#15 Posted : 7/3/2019 5:50:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Posts: 4396
Joined: 17-Jan-2009
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Not nitpicking, but I'll highlight some interesting things (of many) and this particular highlight spawns off many thoughts:

Quote:

Not Another Social Media Network

Our intentions are not just to make another social media network, its to make a community of individuals or a “tribe”


So from what this is saying they're liking their site to a social media alternative. Oh that's great.. lol.

Making a site a psychedelically-tidied up version of a social-media platform, while obviously being unique and different to say fb groups - I wonder if these folks fully realize that they're joining a site that's dedicated to illegal substances, and therein brings up several things which are obvious, but at the same time hilarious:


Meetups can happen obviously between forum members [which the nexus forbids for obvious reasons aside from conferences/festivals] - I just hope they realize that there's inherent risks to doing this. The most obvious being LEO, which believe it or not - frequent all drug forums. Then you obviously have a potential other scenario playing out - two folks from the forum meeting up, possibly of the opposite sex, and there being complications with one of the said people [i.e. one person potentially being mentally unstable, which has happened on a few occasions here at the nexus, but I won't get into that for a few reasons; security for the folks that were involved being one of them]

At the bottom of their main page they have the common social media platform links, with facebook being one of the option. Excellent..lol. I won't get into all the potential complications that can arise from this scenario - but I'll just say that if anyone ends up getting in trouble in any way due to how this particular area of the site's set up - then well - they deserved it. Being set up with facebook analytics like fb pixel and such, no bueno.

WooCommerce/Paypal for their store transactions, lol.

Also, if you read their About page, whoever wrote that, especially with regards to being more anonymous/secure, while potentially helpful - it's fairly obvious that said-people that wrote this page don't have too much depth on their understanding when it comes to security of it's members &/or the site itself.

There's many red flags all around/within this site. There's many security based/technical insufficiencies. I'll leave that for another thread, as that could take some pages.

There's quite alot of data collection on that site spread throughout.



Some other things I noticed:

Their Support Us page that links to paetron, their tiered system based on per month, which seems fine, but the fact of the 2$/month tier that allows merchants/vendors to post their services/products, lol. If these folks end up staying open for the long haul - then this specific portion of the site regarding vendors/suppliers - I can forsee that not ending well for some folks, in regards to the law.

Not knocking their pay scheme, as they're entitled to do as they want.

Also to have to lump in the chat functionality/discord server/s with the $5/month 'Psychonaut' membership. And I'm pretty sure discord in and of itself is free, and there's github repos's that allow embedment for discord functionality on a website. Just funny to me that they had to throw that in with the $5.

I happened to see a few of peoples avatars - which they funnily enough were using their own actual photos of themselves.

Stop Laughing


I know it might sound like I'm being cynical or nitpicky, but when dealing with things of legality, well - you have to be, especially when it comes to security of the members providing a portion/a good amount of your operation/s cost/s ..lol.

And I know we have the occasional members scoffing at how the nexus operates in terms of vetting members, how mods run things (much of which you don't see), along with how other things are structured and handled. It's all for good reason - believe it or not.

Just take a look at that site and be thankful Laughing

Despite how they dance around with some of the talk in their security policy regarding data collection - they most certainly collect enough data for nefarious outside parties to work with, no question about that.

They obviously have a huge bent on advertising and expanding their platform - for whatever that means. When you expand like that [especially in terms of social media], given the underlying topic/s of the site, I don't see much good from that tbh.







 
hug46
#16 Posted : 7/3/2019 8:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1817
Joined: 07-Sep-2012
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
null24 wrote:
It's far more creative and better for the general well being of the universe in my opinion than deciding one wants to be a drug dealer, I mean shaman which is the major life change many decide upon.


What's the difference?
 
Achilles
#17 Posted : 7/4/2019 1:10:18 PM

I is the obstacle.


Posts: 396
Joined: 21-May-2017
Last visit: 19-Sep-2020
Location: The Nexus
tatt wrote:
Not nitpicking, but I'll highlight some interesting things (of many) and this particular highlight spawns off many thoughts:

Quote:

Not Another Social Media Network

Our intentions are not just to make another social media network, its to make a community of individuals or a “tribe”


So from what this is saying they're liking their site to a social media alternative. Oh that's great.. lol.

Making a site a psychedelically-tidied up version of a social-media platform, while obviously being unique and different to say fb groups - I wonder if these folks fully realize that they're joining a site that's dedicated to illegal substances, and therein brings up several things which are obvious, but at the same time hilarious:


Meetups can happen obviously between forum members [which the nexus forbids for obvious reasons aside from conferences/festivals] - I just hope they realize that there's inherent risks to doing this. The most obvious being LEO, which believe it or not - frequent all drug forums. Then you obviously have a potential other scenario playing out - two folks from the forum meeting up, possibly of the opposite sex, and there being complications with one of the said people [i.e. one person potentially being mentally unstable, which has happened on a few occasions here at the nexus, but I won't get into that for a few reasons; security for the folks that were involved being one of them]

At the bottom of their main page they have the common social media platform links, with facebook being one of the option. Excellent..lol. I won't get into all the potential complications that can arise from this scenario - but I'll just say that if anyone ends up getting in trouble in any way due to how this particular area of the site's set up - then well - they deserved it. Being set up with facebook analytics like fb pixel and such, no bueno.

WooCommerce/Paypal for their store transactions, lol.

Also, if you read their About page, whoever wrote that, especially with regards to being more anonymous/secure, while potentially helpful - it's fairly obvious that said-people that wrote this page don't have too much depth on their understanding when it comes to security of it's members &/or the site itself.

There's many red flags all around/within this site. There's many security based/technical insufficiencies. I'll leave that for another thread, as that could take some pages.

There's quite alot of data collection on that site spread throughout.



Some other things I noticed:

Their Support Us page that links to paetron, their tiered system based on per month, which seems fine, but the fact of the 2$/month tier that allows merchants/vendors to post their services/products, lol. If these folks end up staying open for the long haul - then this specific portion of the site regarding vendors/suppliers - I can forsee that not ending well for some folks, in regards to the law.

Not knocking their pay scheme, as they're entitled to do as they want.

Also to have to lump in the chat functionality/discord server/s with the $5/month 'Psychonaut' membership. And I'm pretty sure discord in and of itself is free, and there's github repos's that allow embedment for discord functionality on a website. Just funny to me that they had to throw that in with the $5.

I happened to see a few of peoples avatars - which they funnily enough were using their own actual photos of themselves.

Stop Laughing


I know it might sound like I'm being cynical or nitpicky, but when dealing with things of legality, well - you have to be, especially when it comes to security of the members providing a portion/a good amount of your operation/s cost/s ..lol.

And I know we have the occasional members scoffing at how the nexus operates in terms of vetting members, how mods run things (much of which you don't see), along with how other things are structured and handled. It's all for good reason - believe it or not.

Just take a look at that site and be thankful Laughing

Despite how they dance around with some of the talk in their security policy regarding data collection - they most certainly collect enough data for nefarious outside parties to work with, no question about that.

They obviously have a huge bent on advertising and expanding their platform - for whatever that means. When you expand like that [especially in terms of social media], given the underlying topic/s of the site, I don't see much good from that tbh.










Dmt worlds gonna learn the hard way why the nexus has an attitude page. One bad apples gonna end up ruining they’re whole basket if they aren’t careful
This guys ego ^
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.