We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
These chickens jacking our style? Options

Achilles
#1 Posted : 7/1/2019 11:49:58 PM

I is the obstacle.

https://dmtworld.net/

Anyone know anything bout these guys?
This guys ego ^

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:04:29 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Just another flavor. To be fair, the nexus is sorta like erowid. Everything has been done and will be done again. If I may quote South Park, “Simpson’s did it!”
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

benzyme
#3 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:08:51 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

there was a dmt world back in the early-mid 2000s
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Twas the precursor to the Nexus, wasn't it? This was a question on the intro quiz.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

benzyme
#5 Posted : 7/2/2019 2:26:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that's what I figured.
I think the original forum actually dated back to 1999.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 7/2/2019 2:31:12 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Yep in the late 90's to early 2000's DMT World was the DMT forum. Nexus arose out of it's ashes.

When I was first made aware of this new social media site reviving the name I went and read their privacy policy and it left a lot to be desired so I haven't participated in any way.

Tripsit tried a social media site several years ago. It never really took off and died after a fairly short run. I expect similar from this one.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

benzyme
#7 Posted : 7/2/2019 4:41:17 AM

analytical chemist

the techknowledge amassed on the nexus is second-to-none. This forum succeeds where many others have failed. And part of it (actually a lot of it) has to do with the community, and quality of posts. It is largely a self-regulating community.

I got asked via PM on another forum (organic chem-centric, with focus on synthesis) how it would be possible to improve the quality of that forum. I mentioned the aforementioned. The screening process, a WIKI page, and a self-regulating community, focused on safety and sustainability.

#8 Posted : 7/2/2019 5:33:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Some definite red flags on that site, aside from some questionable things in the sec policy. Not going to open that can of worms though lol.

Little too flashy for me, but cool to see another site nonetheless. Will pass on that though.

TexasTrichocereus
#9 Posted : 7/2/2019 6:38:36 AM

Stay humble don’t stumble

I like the nexus.

Achilles
#10 Posted : 7/2/2019 10:48:03 AM

I is the obstacle.

tatt wrote:
Some definite red flags on that site, aside from some questionable things in the sec policy. Not going to open that can of worms though lol.

Little too flashy for me, but cool to see another site nonetheless. Will pass on that though.

Agreed. Glad to see the psychedelic community growing but the way I look at it is if you want quality information from experienced psychonauts you can trust, come to the nexus.
This guys ego ^

Intezam
#11 Posted : 7/3/2019 9:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we registered there, but we could not find a proper forum...only groups, also we don't understand: you can request a free account Access to chat is $ 5.00 a month...
.....what is that supposed to mean.........???

Achilles
#12 Posted : 7/3/2019 11:03:44 AM

I is the obstacle.

Intezam wrote:
we registered there, but we could not find a proper forum...only groups, also we don't understand: you can request a free account Access to chat is $ 5.00 a month...
.....what is that supposed to mean.........???

Lol DMT World said money talks and bs walks. Guess they need some startup money...
This guys ego ^

Psilosopher?
#13 Posted : 7/3/2019 11:25:50 AM

Don't Panic

The fact they have a shop speaks volumes. They are in it for the money, and are just riding the DMT hype machine.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

null24
#14 Posted : 7/3/2019 3:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Psilosopher? wrote:
The fact they have a shop speaks volumes. They are in it for the money, and are just riding the DMT hype machine.

I really don't have a problem with people employing an entrepreneurial spirit in their psychedelic zeal. It's far more creative and better for the general well being of the universe in my opinion than deciding one wants to be a drug dealer, I mean shaman which is the major life change many decide upon.

That said, that site does seem just a tad wack.

Was the domain the original name for this place? I seem to recall that from so be nexus history lesson...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#15 Posted : 7/3/2019 5:50:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Not nitpicking, but I'll highlight some interesting things (of many) and this particular highlight spawns off many thoughts:

Quote:

Not Another Social Media Network

Our intentions are not just to make another social media network, its to make a community of individuals or a “tribe”

So from what this is saying they're liking their site to a social media alternative. Oh that's great.. lol.

Making a site a psychedelically-tidied up version of a social-media platform, while obviously being unique and different to say fb groups - I wonder if these folks fully realize that they're joining a site that's dedicated to illegal substances, and therein brings up several things which are obvious, but at the same time hilarious:

Meetups can happen obviously between forum members [which the nexus forbids for obvious reasons aside from conferences/festivals] - I just hope they realize that there's inherent risks to doing this. The most obvious being LEO, which believe it or not - frequent all drug forums. Then you obviously have a potential other scenario playing out - two folks from the forum meeting up, possibly of the opposite sex, and there being complications with one of the said people [i.e. one person potentially being mentally unstable, which has happened on a few occasions here at the nexus, but I won't get into that for a few reasons; security for the folks that were involved being one of them]

At the bottom of their main page they have the common social media platform links, with facebook being one of the option. Excellent..lol. I won't get into all the potential complications that can arise from this scenario - but I'll just say that if anyone ends up getting in trouble in any way due to how this particular area of the site's set up - then well - they deserved it. Being set up with facebook analytics like fb pixel and such, no bueno.

WooCommerce/Paypal for their store transactions, lol.

Also, if you read their About page, whoever wrote that, especially with regards to being more anonymous/secure, while potentially helpful - it's fairly obvious that said-people that wrote this page don't have too much depth on their understanding when it comes to security of it's members &/or the site itself.

There's many red flags all around/within this site. There's many security based/technical insufficiencies. I'll leave that for another thread, as that could take some pages.

There's quite alot of data collection on that site spread throughout.

Some other things I noticed:

Their Support Us page that links to paetron, their tiered system based on per month, which seems fine, but the fact of the 2$/month tier that allows merchants/vendors to post their services/products, lol. If these folks end up staying open for the long haul - then this specific portion of the site regarding vendors/suppliers - I can forsee that not ending well for some folks, in regards to the law.

Not knocking their pay scheme, as they're entitled to do as they want.

Also to have to lump in the chat functionality/discord server/s with the $5/month 'Psychonaut' membership. And I'm pretty sure discord in and of itself is free, and there's github repos's that allow embedment for discord functionality on a website. Just funny to me that they had to throw that in with the $5.

I happened to see a few of peoples avatars - which they funnily enough were using their own actual photos of themselves.

Stop Laughing

I know it might sound like I'm being cynical or nitpicky, but when dealing with things of legality, well - you have to be, especially when it comes to security of the members providing a portion/a good amount of your operation/s cost/s ..lol.

And I know we have the occasional members scoffing at how the nexus operates in terms of vetting members, how mods run things (much of which you don't see), along with how other things are structured and handled. It's all for good reason - believe it or not.

Just take a look at that site and be thankful Laughing

Despite how they dance around with some of the talk in their security policy regarding data collection - they most certainly collect enough data for nefarious outside parties to work with, no question about that.

They obviously have a huge bent on advertising and expanding their platform - for whatever that means. When you expand like that [especially in terms of social media], given the underlying topic/s of the site, I don't see much good from that tbh.

hug46
#16 Posted : 7/3/2019 8:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
It's far more creative and better for the general well being of the universe in my opinion than deciding one wants to be a drug dealer, I mean shaman which is the major life change many decide upon.

What's the difference?

Achilles
#17 Posted : 7/4/2019 1:10:18 PM

I is the obstacle.

tatt wrote:
Not nitpicking, but I'll highlight some interesting things (of many) and this particular highlight spawns off many thoughts:

Quote:

Not Another Social Media Network

Our intentions are not just to make another social media network, its to make a community of individuals or a “tribe”

So from what this is saying they're liking their site to a social media alternative. Oh that's great.. lol.

Making a site a psychedelically-tidied up version of a social-media platform, while obviously being unique and different to say fb groups - I wonder if these folks fully realize that they're joining a site that's dedicated to illegal substances, and therein brings up several things which are obvious, but at the same time hilarious:

Meetups can happen obviously between forum members [which the nexus forbids for obvious reasons aside from conferences/festivals] - I just hope they realize that there's inherent risks to doing this. The most obvious being LEO, which believe it or not - frequent all drug forums. Then you obviously have a potential other scenario playing out - two folks from the forum meeting up, possibly of the opposite sex, and there being complications with one of the said people [i.e. one person potentially being mentally unstable, which has happened on a few occasions here at the nexus, but I won't get into that for a few reasons; security for the folks that were involved being one of them]

At the bottom of their main page they have the common social media platform links, with facebook being one of the option. Excellent..lol. I won't get into all the potential complications that can arise from this scenario - but I'll just say that if anyone ends up getting in trouble in any way due to how this particular area of the site's set up - then well - they deserved it. Being set up with facebook analytics like fb pixel and such, no bueno.

WooCommerce/Paypal for their store transactions, lol.

Also, if you read their About page, whoever wrote that, especially with regards to being more anonymous/secure, while potentially helpful - it's fairly obvious that said-people that wrote this page don't have too much depth on their understanding when it comes to security of it's members &/or the site itself.

There's many red flags all around/within this site. There's many security based/technical insufficiencies. I'll leave that for another thread, as that could take some pages.

There's quite alot of data collection on that site spread throughout.

Some other things I noticed:

Their Support Us page that links to paetron, their tiered system based on per month, which seems fine, but the fact of the 2$/month tier that allows merchants/vendors to post their services/products, lol. If these folks end up staying open for the long haul - then this specific portion of the site regarding vendors/suppliers - I can forsee that not ending well for some folks, in regards to the law.

Not knocking their pay scheme, as they're entitled to do as they want.

Also to have to lump in the chat functionality/discord server/s with the $5/month 'Psychonaut' membership. And I'm pretty sure discord in and of itself is free, and there's github repos's that allow embedment for discord functionality on a website. Just funny to me that they had to throw that in with the $5.

I happened to see a few of peoples avatars - which they funnily enough were using their own actual photos of themselves.

Stop Laughing

I know it might sound like I'm being cynical or nitpicky, but when dealing with things of legality, well - you have to be, especially when it comes to security of the members providing a portion/a good amount of your operation/s cost/s ..lol.

And I know we have the occasional members scoffing at how the nexus operates in terms of vetting members, how mods run things (much of which you don't see), along with how other things are structured and handled. It's all for good reason - believe it or not.

Just take a look at that site and be thankful Laughing

Despite how they dance around with some of the talk in their security policy regarding data collection - they most certainly collect enough data for nefarious outside parties to work with, no question about that.

They obviously have a huge bent on advertising and expanding their platform - for whatever that means. When you expand like that [especially in terms of social media], given the underlying topic/s of the site, I don't see much good from that tbh.

Dmt worlds gonna learn the hard way why the nexus has an attitude page. One bad apples gonna end up ruining they’re whole basket if they aren’t careful
This guys ego ^

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 3/22/2023 8:36:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Link through to the more recent thread in Welcome area: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=94790

Contains many additional (but unsurprising) points worthy of note.
The Traveler wrote:
That site is at best a commercial outlet that walks the hype of DMT and other substances, one that tries to make money over your back and completely disregards your personal safety.

From the information posted by tatt it is clear that your data and privacy in their hands is not safe! Their arguments as posted makes them either VERY ignorant to security concerns or they are playing down their vulnerabilities at the cost of your personal safety. I would not even exclude malicious intent from the looks of it.

Furthermore, that they support selling material that is KNOWN to be illegal in many countries and for which people have been arrested and convicted is a huge red flag. Meta-data collected by the big platforms from their site (e.g. Google and Facebook) can and will be used against you when you are caught with such material.

Avoid that site at any cost if you appreciate your personal safety!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1069867#post1069867

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Toshido
#19 Posted : 3/22/2023 9:18:42 PM

Research & Development

benzyme wrote:
the techknowledge amassed on the nexus is second-to-none. This forum succeeds where many others have failed. And part of it (actually a lot of it) has to do with the community, and quality of posts. It is largely a self-regulating community.

I got asked via PM on another forum (organic chem-centric, with focus on synthesis) how it would be possible to improve the quality of that forum. I mentioned the aforementioned. The screening process, a WIKI page, and a self-regulating community, focused on safety and sustainability.

This ^. From what I've heard, the master coding wizardry of The Traveler is also second to none in this place. But it's people like you Benzyme, and others like downwardsfromzero, endlessness, LoveAll, Hailstorm, the list goes on and on in terms of quality posts, professionalism, politeness (etiquette if you will), etc.

There seems to be an agreed upon level of mutual respect and care for one another that is simply unmatched by any forum I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 3/22/2023 9:31:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

widderic wrote:
benzyme wrote:

This ^. From what I've heard, the master coding wizardry of The Traveler is also second to none in this place. But it's people like you Benzyme, and others like downwardsfromzero, endlessness, LoveAll, Hailstorm, the list goes on and on in terms of quality posts, professionalism, politeness (etiquette if you will), etc.

There seems to be an agreed upon level of mutual respect and care for one another that is simply unmatched by any forum I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot.

Thanks, Widderic - that was one of the stand-out posts for me too and part of the reason for this bump.

Deeper reason was digging in to some older posts while following up some 'admin' here. Funny old day, gotta love the Nexus Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT