We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solventless extraction? Floating white pearls Options

Pyroprone
#1 Posted : 6/29/2019 5:58:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I noticed something intersting and made me curios of a possible solventless extraction tek.

So when I extract I basically do a dryer a/b mix then once it's base jar my mud/mulch paste thick with little water as possible... The consistency that needs escaped out of the jars later. Anyway I usually let that sit for 48 hours before adding the rest of my water usually hot and do my pulls.

This time it ended up being like a week due to life.
So when I was removing my cake from the jars I started seeing hundreds of little round white pearls. I'd add a bit of water to help break up the jars and they float on water. They smelled strongly of dmt when I pulled them but I decided to continue with the tek and pull like normal.

Anyway I'm using food safe extraction ingredients and im wondering even if they are not 100% pure it could be possible to rinse the heck outs my bark and collect the pearls at the top maybe?

Has anyone else seen or pulled the pearls out of the water?

I attached a pic of a partially dissolved one. There mostly no bigger then airsof pellets
Pyroprone attached the following image(s):
20190629_130520.jpg (3,918kb) downloaded 70 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 6/29/2019 7:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isnt that just undissolved lye because you used so little water?
Lye needs water to dissolve

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/30/2019 12:51:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that is most likely lye.
alkaloid extractions require liquid phase transfer, following protonation/deprotonation (A/B), or even STB.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pyroprone
#4 Posted : 6/30/2019 5:29:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I used sodium carb...
1 to 1 with 15ml per g of bark

Pyroprone
#5 Posted : 6/30/2019 5:31:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh sorry I wasnt thinking ....
Yeah could have been carb that clumped up on the dryer portion