We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybe Medicinal Qualities? Options

Swarupa
#1 Posted : 9/7/2011 11:45:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was reading about liberty caps recently and came across this...

Quote:
Using standard antimicrobial susceptibility tests, Psilocybe semilanceata was shown to strongly inhibit the growth of the human pathogen methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). The source of the antimicrobial activity is unknown.[38]

On this MRSA forum there's actually a report of a psilocybe mushroom working to help heal an MRSA sore.

I wonder if this is the case with psilocybes in general or something special about the liberty caps... i do prefer liberty caps myself and feel they bring something else to the experience i can't quite put my finger on.

Other 5-HT2A agonists like LSD and DOI have also been shown to be anti-inflammatory, so perhaps that is one of the main medicinal qualities of psilocybin mushrooms as well.

Please share any of your knowledge or experiences with psilocybin mushrooms for healing...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would not be surprised if it is the psilocybin/psilocin itself that is responciple.
Long live the unwoke.

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 9/7/2011 7:40:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It could be, the only other differences with semilanceata that i know of is some baeocystin and phenylethylamine. It could also be due to compounds that it has to develop in the wild to defend itself.

As many others i've had incredible effects from cubensis but in my experience the wild liberty caps are slightly more incredible somehow... put it this way i have plenty of cubensis but i'm going mushroom picking this autumn that's for sure! I'd highly recommend them to anyone that loves psilocybin mushrooms.

Espurrr
#4 Posted : 6/28/2019 9:01:21 PM

if anyone has already hoarded every psilocybe paper out there, would be very neat if they uploaded it all here