We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT for adicction? Options

Robertusto
#1 Posted : 6/25/2019 8:52:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Currently I'am struggling with a little bit of adicction, Manly to cannabis and today is my four day in a row using heroin, i don't want to take more opiates, but I'm suffering from depression and anxiety, heroin i dont know if is helpful, but makes me feel a little better... I cant get benzos and i dont plan to take antidepressants, do you know an alternative from opiates or benzos for anxiety? (kratom, phenibuth, dihenhydramine, pregabalin??)

very small doses of dmt could be helpul for anxyiety?

Good vibes, and sorry for my english.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 6/25/2019 11:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

There's been a few posts like this lately. This response contains my general feelings on the post title and response to the poster's situation. So forgive if this gets too long.

Quote:
TL, DR OP, don't be an idiot, get help!

Of course heroin is going to make you feel better, it's flooding your brain synthetically with all the things that give you wellness, and doing so far off the chart of anything you'd achieve naturally. You're setting yourself up for hell and I think you know that. If you've any inkling of the amount of suffering you're about to go through if you go down that road- just to avoid whatever it is that's discomforting you- then you're a fool. If you don't, you're a fool.

Depending on where you live, getting into that game is taking a real risk with your life every single time you do a bag. Does your life mean that little to you? You're f###king with pure death if you're f###king with fentanyl my friend, and you are if you're doing heroin- ESPECIALLY east of the Rockies. Stop.

The cavalier attitude in your post is borderline offensive to someone who lost everything to heroin, including the best, most dependable people in his life over 22 years of using it to be alone with his demons. It's the perfect drug to run away into isolation with. And I'd counter that I'm stronger than you when it comes to dealing with adversity, so don't think you'll avoid a similar fate because you're better or smarter than I am.

It really sounds as if you are on the first steps towards a poly drug addiction, and at this stage you don't have any interest in anything other than escaping your unease. That's your trip, but it won't serve you well in the king run and extricating yourself from the inevitable consequences will be suffering you could easily avoid if you just used constructive methods to meet your problem head on. This doesn't mean taking more drugs.

This being the forum it is, if you're truly seeking constructive advice concerning psychedelics and depression/ addiction: in my experience, I could not find a catalyst for recovery until I became experientially aware of something far greater than myself, and of which I am intrinsically part of through a NDE- like encounter through 5MEO DMT. I did not stop using immediately, but it did catalyze a long term recovery that has seen massive and beneficial, stable change in my life. I went from selfish to in service, to make it short.

As far as n,nDMT giving me anything to arm myself against depression, or any real personal insights to integrate long term, I cannot say it has in any way. My encounters with n,n DMT have been psychically challenging, opening and entertaining and they fill me with awe but honestly only give me more questions. I am always left with a shameful humbling at the amount of life I waste in states of depression and without gratitude for living, not mention using substances to enhance that escaping of reality so maybe that's helpful. Aya is probably different here.

I also use psilocybin to address depression symptoms sparingly because I truly cannot tolerate the side effects of the most effective drugs for my depression, SSRIs, and I don't have to maintain a dosing regimen with it. And I will very rarely take a full on trip with something if the set and setting is right, but when I do it is more for fun and enjoyment since my inner and external work is done on a continual, constant basis through everything from diet to exercise to walks and vision seeking meditation. DISCLAIMER, this makes me sound actualized and healthy, I'm truly a terrible mess and screw the pooch constantly but I do my best and that's the point.

The experience gave me spiritual awareness and strength to persevere, the long term stability and real personal insight came from working with a therapist and creating a holistic path of recovery integrating several key aspects of life into a cohesive whole bound by the values, ethics and worldview that was strengthened through my psychedelic use.

Psychedelics never gave me anything, they are only a tool. The house isn't the hammer and nails as much as it is the vision, craftmanship and labor that goes into building it. If you're looking for a quick fix- as I'm sure you are, I was and so, so many are- you will fail. I've met many people who honestly agonize over "all the work" they did tripping in Iquitos or wherever disappearung every time they return home- to the same life they left- and complain about the money they need to spend to go again.

Get your sh#t together man, get help. You sound young, I'd wager you have family that cares for you, hopefully you have support there. If you want help locating resources in your area if you're in the states, I might be able to assist with some numbers.

EDIT: guessing you're not in the states.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

WarpedDimension
#3 Posted : 6/25/2019 11:21:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly recommend going and talking to a professional. I feel it would be the best course of action based off of what you are asking. Many things in this world can help with depression and anxiety, however, many of these things are temporary in nature and will not provide the kind of help it sounds like you need.

DMT and other psychedelics could possibly make your situation worse. I feel it would be best to avoid taking any psychedelic until you are on an even keel. I know that is likely not something you likely want to hear at all. I understand. The thing is that it needs to be said.

Marijuana is the least of your problems if your messing with heroin. If you are not addicted to heroin as of yet, quit now! I know it may be a quick way to make you feel better but it is only an illusion. Your problems will still be there when the drugs wear off.

It sounds like you are reaching out for help and that is a very good thing. The beginning of change begins with a single thought. In the mean time, please try and think positively as much as you can. Surround yourself with people who care for you. Get the help you need to break out of the addiction, depression and anxiety. What you are dealing with is hard but entirely possible to break out of.

I hope what I have said is at least seen as me trying to help. This is tough stuff to deal with. I just feel it would be irresponsible to not defer to professional help. Core issues need to be dealt with before true healing can take place. That takes some commitment. It sounds like you want to be better, that right there tells me that you love yourself enough to make a commitment to finding the true core healing you need.

Be well my friend! Please feel free to talk about your problems on this forum if you wish. Sometimes just talking about stuff can help a lot. Can you think of any way to improve your life right now?

I wish I could say something that is more profound and healing and helpful. My heart and thoughts goes out to you at this time. I hope you can find the relief you are seeking in the near future.
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

the_Architect
#4 Posted : 6/26/2019 12:46:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I´m not an expert, you should try talking to one. Anxiety is a reaction to your environment, not something you can shake off with drugs.

Also, I think the most terapeutic medicines you can find are Ayahuasca and in extreme cases of addiction, Iboga (you have to be clean to avoid having the withdrawal syndrome while taking the Iboga). These are great for drugs such as cocaine, and heroine.

There are a few drugs that are not so easy to quit, tobbaco, cannabis and benxos (as you probably know, you can´t quit benxos cold turkey... one day to the other, you have to do it progressively). Those seem to fall under a different category.

You could say that cannabis in itself can be used as medicine (you can abuse good plants too), it´s a plant after all. Tobacco too is used by shamans for rituals and healing... so, you can´t take one nail with another nail... you can´t take one drug to stop taking another one, you need to address your behavior patterns, whathever is causing you anxiety or distress.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

Wolfnippletip
#5 Posted : 6/26/2019 1:38:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heroin is a nightmare, and so are benzos when misused. You don't need more drugs, you need to detox. Depression + anxiety + heroin = You need a medical professional. Good luck.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Incal
#6 Posted : 6/27/2019 12:09:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend.
If it's day four-stop.
Anyone and everyone who can stop any substance without an actual danger to their health that would arise from withdrawal-stop.
I know psychedelics seem to be offered online and in myth as a cure all . I tried everything to stop my mental pain and just made it worse. I am an old person lucky to be alive thanks to narcan and am nightly plagued with my nightmares about my bad trips.
The drugs (opiates/crack/meth/benzos ) numbed everything and the other drugs ( LSD/shrooms/DMT/5-meo ) held my eyelids open so that I could not ignore the horror.

I am glad you came here, I am glad you are looking for help and never stop asking as someday you will find the right person or place that can. For me, decades lost, nearly all gone can say that for today I am ok!

As well as asking on drug forums try asking on sobriety or mental health forums local to you as well. I don't know where you are but even near me in a shit island off the coast of Europe I get to Narcotics Anonymous and SMART recovery group in person as well as online.

Good luck and come back here anytime and don't forget the chat as well.