We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT effects are all different since the "incident" Options

dazman
#1 Posted : 6/9/2019 4:23:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Firstly I apologize for the vagueness of the title but it was the best I could come up with and should make sense shortly.

And I do apologize for the length of this post.

A friend of mine makes his own DMT and about 6 months ago I asked if I could try some and as expected it was an amazing visual experience, crazy geometric shapes and colors, open and closed eye visuals etc but never any breakthrough although at times it felt I was very close but never quite got there.
After reading through this forum I quickly learned I was wasting most of it by not smoking it properly so I built a "machine" which was a big improvement but still no breakthrough although the closed eye visuals were amazing to say the least.
So after watching the DMT episode of drugslab where the girl had a breakthrough quite easily using what I since learned was a GVG I ordered one and waited for what seemed like forever for it to arrive.

The incident:

The GVG arrived so I got it ready, loaded roughly 30-40mg of the same spice I had been having for several weeks, sat down and had one smallish toke, held it in as usual and when I exhaled I noticed the curtains start to immediately begin going all wavy which I remarked was pretty impressive from one small toke; and then all hell broke loose and then everything just started to turn into crazy shapes and start dissolving quickly. I was terrified, caught off guard and closed my eyes to try and hide from it but it made no difference and I was forced to watch everything disintegrating and thinking to myself (for some reason) I was going to be stuck like this forever. I then must have passed out as I remember waking up about 15 minutes later initially with no memory of what had just taken place but then it all came back to me and it took me a long time to process what had happened.

So needless to say I was very (overly) cautious with the GVG after that and only had tiny amounts to start but then noticed that nothing was really happening at such low doses so slowly increased it but it has never really been the same since then.

Now when I smoke small amounts all I get are wavy patterns in the carpet and I feel "nice" but none of the color enhancement I used to get from even very small amounts. And if I smoke a large amount either 1) everything goes all fuzzy, or 2) everything looks all cartoony and plasticy or 3) everything is distorted and peoples voices on the tv will be all disjointed going from very fast to normal and repeating.

My mate who makes the DMT says the only thing that is different is there has been lots of rain and the bark has been very wet but it almost seems like he is using a completely different plant or process as the spice has been noticeably darker.

So has anyone had similar visual effects from spice or could it be that I have fried the part of my brain that processes DMT?

To eliminate the spice, I'm receiving some bark and will extract my own spice later this week just to be sure. My theory is that my mate has changed to Acacia Confusa (which there is lots of around our area) and is using a solvent like DCM which is bringing all the alkaloids across including lots of NMT as the "nice" feeling matches that described of NMT.

Any ideas, thoughts or theories greatly appreciated.

Moderator wrote:
Slight edit. Sourcing talk

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 6/9/2019 6:38:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Good on you that you're deciding to take it upon yourself to extract your own. That's the wise move. Smile

How often have you been smoking after that first experience? Not that it necessarily matters, but just wondering?

How long do you usually hold your hits? How many hit's are you taking over how long of a time span?

Well i've smoked acrb extract on several occasions and for me it transports me to the same indescribable realm. There was very little difference for me, versus mhrb extract.

Also check these sections of the FAQ out:

I dont get any effects/light buzz only, what to do?

Denied breakthrough / Dark DMT trips / Not good experiences anymore ?

For me the dmt experience can and sometimes will give you subpar experiences, no matter the dosage or method used (though I wouldnt play with enormous dosage jumps). While this doesn't happen often, it's happened on a few occasions with me early on. I've said this many times over the years here, but this experience is not entirely contingent upon dosage and method - as far as the depth and breadth goes. I genuinely feel that there's other unseen factors at play, on top of the variability of your day to day life, emotions, internal dialogue, thoughts, the list here could be endless (not saying that these experiences come from all these variables, but what I mean is that these variables can imo be strong influencers in terms of the level of depth you end up in).

This experience often doesn't follow along the lines of "If I smoke x-amount of dmt, with x-amount of hits, with x-method - I'll get x-experience". The same intense level of irrationality, illogic and impossibility that can pervade this experience in the depths ime can neatly carry over into the actual usage of the substance and the level of experience received.

dazman
#3 Posted : 6/9/2019 8:46:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Good on you that you're deciding to take it upon yourself to extract your own. That's the wise move. Smile

How often have you been smoking after that first experience? Not that it necessarily matters, but just wondering?

How long do you usually hold your hits? How many hit's are you taking over how long of a time span?

Well i've smoked acrb extract on several occasions and for me it transports me to the same indescribable realm. There was very little difference for me, versus mhrb extract.

Also check these sections of the FAQ out:

I dont get any effects/light buzz only, what to do?

Denied breakthrough / Dark DMT trips / Not good experiences anymore ?

For me the dmt experience can and sometimes will give you subpar experiences, no matter the dosage or method used (though I wouldnt play with enormous dosage jumps). While this doesn't happen often, it's happened on a few occasions with me early on. I've said this many times over the years here, but this experience is not entirely contingent upon dosage and method - as far as the depth and breadth goes. I genuinely feel that there's other unseen factors at play, on top of the variability of your day to day life, emotions, internal dialogue, thoughts, the list here could be endless (not saying that these experiences come from all these variables, but what I mean is that these variables can imo be strong influencers in terms of the level of depth you end up in).

This experience often doesn't follow along the lines of "If I smoke x-amount of dmt, with x-amount of hits, with x-method - I'll get x-experience". The same intense level of irrationality, illogic and impossibility that can pervade this experience in the depths - ime can neatly carry over into the actual usage of the substance and the level of experience received.

Since the first experience I haven't smoked very much at all. When he makes a new batch I test some, quickly realize it's not going to work "properly" and then give it back to him.
I usually hold in my hits for around 10-15 seconds, any more and things just get too "messed up". I'll usually only have 2 hits, one small one to make sure it isn't going to go nuts and melt my world again, at which time I notice subtle effects like the carpet moving or objects all seem to be looking at me and smiling slightly (even though they don't have faces). I'll then have a decent size hit holding it in for around 10 - 15 seconds and as soon as I exhale everything all goes weird, and either:

The previously smiling objects all now seem to look angry, and in my peripheral vision things seem to be moving towards me.

Or everything looks smooth and made of plastic and everything is all waving around looking like they are dancing lol. It usually makes me laugh watching a dancing washing machine or kettle for example.

Or everything is vibrating extremely fast making it look like everything is fuzzy.

Or people on TV all sound distorted as they seem to be time-dilated, and images all looked messed up (hard to describe but not pleasant just wrong).

But never at any stage do I see even the hint of a geometric shape or enhanced colors that used to happen even from inhaling a wisp of smoke from a pipe.

I would have thought that if it's not going to work for whatever reason then it just wouldn't work, but this certainly works, it's just nothing even remotely like DMT should work. It's more closer to what you would expect from something like cheap acid (trips) or even datura to some extent, just nowhere near as long.

Could it be some sort of contaminant or unwanted alkaloid that has somehow found its way into the finished product causing the effects to be different somehow? I wish I could take it to a lab and get it analyzed but that's not an option (due to legal reasons of course).

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 6/10/2019 5:24:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
The previously smiling objects all now seem to look angry, and in my peripheral vision things seem to be moving towards me.

Or everything looks smooth and made of plastic and everything is all waving around looking like they are dancing lol. It usually makes me laugh watching a dancing washing machine or kettle for example.

Or everything is vibrating extremely fast making it look like everything is fuzzy.

Or people on TV all sound distorted as they seem to be time-dilated, and images all looked messed up (hard to describe but not pleasant just wrong).

Seems to me what you're experiencing is purely psychological. You are resisting the effects of the molecule. Deep down you know you need to make changes to your life but this can be a difficult journey, so it's understandable that you resist. This simply is what occurs to me on reading the highlighted phrases above, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Do you wish to undertake the challenge that DMT presents you? It's fine to simply put down the pipe until such time as you are ready to proceed further.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dazman
#5 Posted : 6/10/2019 9:25:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

Seems to me what you're experiencing is purely psychological. You are resisting the effects of the molecule. Deep down you know you need to make changes to your life but this can be a difficult journey, so it's understandable that you resist. This simply is what occurs to me on reading the highlighted phrases above, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Do you wish to undertake the challenge that DMT presents you? It's fine to simply put down the pipe until such time as you are ready to proceed further.

Thank-you for your feedback, always happy to get a different perspective.

You are right in that I do need to make changes in my life (although that could be said of most people to some degree) which is one of the main reasons why I started using DMT and why I am so frustrated it suddenly stopped being pleasant and went all strange instead.

So in answer to your question I am more than happy to accept any and all challenges DMT has for me.

As for the weird effects I am experiencing, what are your suggestions for getting things back to 'normal' again?

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/10/2019 10:33:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, it seems the challenge is to accept the weirdness if you choose to continue! Now you have stepped through that gate, well, there is no turning back of the clock. This is not to say that you'll never have experiences as joyous as those first ones again - rather that the are vastness of the possibilities of DMT is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Set and setting. Rather than subjecting you to more of my bumbling words, I'd highly recommend reading - and/or re-reading - Nick Sand's essays Moving into the Sacred World of DMT and Just a Wee Bit More About DMT.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Algodritmo
#7 Posted : 6/11/2019 10:51:47 AM

eclectic

dazman wrote:
Since the first experience I haven't smoked very much at all. When he makes a new batch I test some, quickly realize it's not going to work "properly" and then give it back to him.
I usually hold in my hits for around 10-15 seconds, any more and things just get too "messed up".

It seems like your mental set is already a bit fearful, defensive, and this is all about mental set... I think it's quite understandable what's happening. I've also experienced the change from "smiling" to "angry", or the eerie time distortion, etc.

Something that seems to be recurrent: take your time between experiences. Although DMT is processed rapidly and strictly you can trip after 30min or so, I've found problems with that, and I've found plenty of experiences that coincide. Start spacing them a week, to be on the safe side.

Something else: any other drugs mixed? The "vibration" that you've mentioned, I've only experienced it on LSD. Also, everyone agrees that nicotine is a NO GO.

And, something else: a lot of people agrees that the sub-breakthrough experiences that you are having, are the most difficult one, and I think it make sense, and I've felt eerie when I've reached that point. It's that point that you're "in between", not fully gone to lalalalaland, but not "here", although still trying to make sense of the "here". I'd suggest: either take less, and just enjoy the mild visuals and slowly get used to the experience, or take more, and jump to hyperspace.

Having said that, I DO think that different batches produce different effects, who knows why (alkaloids, I hope... )
Until now I've used it with sub-breakthrough experiences only (same as you as I understand), hence it's easier to compare the effects than a full blast, and I've definitely noticed consistent different effects with different batches, although experiences within the same batch were consistently similar.

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Big grin
Let's be honest: the Questionnaire is toooooo long and deep!

"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws" - Martin Luther King

dazman
#8 Posted : 6/14/2019 6:21:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Well, it seems the challenge is to accept the weirdness if you choose to continue! Now you have stepped through that gate, well, there is no turning back of the clock. This is not to say that you'll never have experiences as joyous as those first ones again - rather that the are vastness of the possibilities of DMT is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Set and setting. Rather than subjecting you to more of my bumbling words, I'd highly recommend reading - and/or re-reading - Nick Sand's essays Moving into the Sacred World of DMT and Just a Wee Bit More About DMT.

Thanks for your advice, and links. I had a read through and it's all starting to make a lot more sense. I accepted the weirdness like you said and it certainly helped.

Algodritmo wrote:
It seems like your mental set is already a bit fearful, defensive, and this is all about mental set... I think it's quite understandable what's happening. I've also experienced the change from "smiling" to "angry", or the eerie time distortion, etc.

Something that seems to be recurrent: take your time between experiences. Although DMT is processed rapidly and strictly you can trip after 30min or so, I've found problems with that, and I've found plenty of experiences that coincide. Start spacing them a week, to be on the safe side.

Something else: any other drugs mixed? The "vibration" that you've mentioned, I've only experienced it on LSD. Also, everyone agrees that nicotine is a NO GO.

And, something else: a lot of people agrees that the sub-breakthrough experiences that you are having, are the most difficult one, and I think it make sense, and I've felt eerie when I've reached that point. It's that point that you're "in between", not fully gone to lalalalaland, but not "here", although still trying to make sense of the "here". I'd suggest: either take less, and just enjoy the mild visuals and slowly get used to the experience, or take more, and jump to hyperspace.

Having said that, I DO think that different batches produce different effects, who knows why (alkaloids, I hope... )
Until now I've used it with sub-breakthrough experiences only (same as you as I understand), hence it's easier to compare the effects than a full blast, and I've definitely noticed consistent different effects with different batches, although experiences within the same batch were consistently similar.

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Big grin

Everything you have said makes perfect sense, and combined with what downwardsfromzero has said I figured I would try again but try to be less fearful and just accept the weirdness for what it was.

And as it turned out, yesterday I finished my first extraction and everything appeared to go well and the end result certainly looked and smelled the part (although what I ended up with was very white whereas everything I have ever got from my mate has always been either yellow or sometimes dark brown so I'm guessing different types of bark must yield different looking spice).

So I started small to make sure what I had extracted was in fact OK to have and the overall feeling was similar, and the "faces" of objects were definitely happier looking and there was no distortion at all so I had a second toke and closed my eyes and the CEV's were amazing, I was being carried along on a sea of geometric shapes so I just enjoyed that for a while before having to snap back to reality as I had to go to work and would try the higher dose when I got home that evening.

Fast forward to the evening, I got my setting all comfortable (lured my 2 cats into the bedroom with biscuits and kept them in there as I'd hate for them to ever be harmed by passively inhaling anything), sat down and had a good toke and held it in for as long as I could (maybe 20-30 seconds) and exhaled and straight away everything went distorted and the faces looked what I thought was angry and my mood sank and was ready to give up but then remembered what you guys have been telling me so I had another toke and while holding it in suddenly the distortions all materialized into these crazy jelly/crystal-like objects and everywhere I looked more were forming out of everything that previously used to look all messed up and everything that was angry now looked happy almost relieved like they had been waiting for me to get to this point hence why they kept looking annoyed or frustrated when I wasn't quite making it there.

So now I have conquered the fear my next step is to try for a breakthrough. And even though it's clear that my mates spice has been fine all along, there is something reassuring knowing that what I am now having is something that I made myself, almost rewarding (if that makes sense).

Once again, thanks for your advice and for taking the time to read my seemingly endless dribble Smile I will post an update in the form of an experience report once I have (hopefully) experienced the breakthrough.

Algodritmo
#9 Posted : 6/23/2019 2:37:23 PM

eclectic

Man, amazing news, congratulations! How is it going now?
Let's be honest: the Questionnaire is toooooo long and deep!

"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws" - Martin Luther King

the_Architect
#10 Posted : 6/24/2019 11:47:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don´t expect consistently repetitive effects, DMT is not an aspirin.

One of the things that make DMT different is actually that every trip is different.
I know there´s certain controversy, people takes sides whether DMT is a drug and everything is in your brain; or DMT allows you to contact with spirits. I lean so for the last one.

I know from my personal experience and from other people, that it´s normal to feel like your first times were better, you think that colors were nicer and brighter... that "I saw" this specific patterns, or mandala, or chrysanthemum, or flower or life... indian deity, Alex Grey´s eyes and mouth soup topography, etc, and now I can´t see it anymore...
It´s normal.

Also, there are times (also reports from people in this forum) when DMT can denny you access or block you... so, it doesn´t work as an aspirin you know.
It happened to me once, one night when I did like 4-6 times with some friends... it was an awesome night, I was tired and yawning already, but one of my friends wanted to continue and challenged everybody to do so... saying "don´t be a pussy".
So we did one more round, I felt nothing, despite taking a lot... a lot. My friend got a bad trip and was told he has to learn when to call it a night, and not involving other people too.

My advice: go with the flow, don´t expect a specific result.
Mix it with harmalas, or LSD or shrooms...
Work your ritual, work your intentions, don´t take DMT as some entertainment you get every friday night... tune it with the stars... do it when is full moon or a special date.
Take some rape, burn some inciense-palo santo-sage, make some caapi tea or some syrian rue, meditate before taking it, clean your room, take a bath with flowers essence... I don´t know bro, you need to alter your state of mind before the flight.

Goodluck
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

dazman
#11 Posted : 7/28/2019 1:55:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the_Architect wrote:
Don´t expect consistently repetitive effects, DMT is not an aspirin.

One of the things that make DMT different is actually that every trip is different.
I know there´s certain controversy, people takes sides whether DMT is a drug and everything is in your brain; or DMT allows you to contact with spirits. I lean so for the last one.

I know from my personal experience and from other people, that it´s normal to feel like your first times were better, you think that colors were nicer and brighter... that "I saw" this specific patterns, or mandala, or chrysanthemum, or flower or life... indian deity, Alex Grey´s eyes and mouth soup topography, etc, and now I can´t see it anymore...
It´s normal.

Also, there are times (also reports from people in this forum) when DMT can denny you access or block you... so, it doesn´t work as an aspirin you know.
It happened to me once, one night when I did like 4-6 times with some friends... it was an awesome night, I was tired and yawning already, but one of my friends wanted to continue and challenged everybody to do so... saying "don´t be a pussy".
So we did one more round, I felt nothing, despite taking a lot... a lot. My friend got a bad trip and was told he has to learn when to call it a night, and not involving other people too.

My advice: go with the flow, don´t expect a specific result.
Mix it with harmalas, or LSD or shrooms...
Work your ritual, work your intentions, don´t take DMT as some entertainment you get every friday night... tune it with the stars... do it when is full moon or a special date.
Take some rape, burn some inciense-palo santo-sage, make some caapi tea or some syrian rue, meditate before taking it, clean your room, take a bath with flowers essence... I don´t know bro, you need to alter your state of mind before the flight.

Goodluck

All very good points, thanks for the tips. And yes I agree 100% that set & setting can make a big difference.

Algodritmo wrote:
Man, amazing news, congratulations! How is it going now?

I am getting more consistent results now that's for sure, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get even close to a breakthrough with either the GVG or the machine. I can usually manage 3 or 4 big inhalations holding it in for around 15-20 seconds which results in some pretty interesting visuals but that's about it. At that point I tend to get distracted with the visuals and forget to have any more so I have no real idea how much more I need to have in order to breakthrough.

So after reading some threads on here about dabbing and how that seemed to be a more direct/intense ROA I bought a dabbing rig yesterday and gave that a go and it is certainly an improvement. One small hit got me straight to the same point that 3 or 4 big hits with the GVG or machine got me. I tried having a larger hit but it was way too much smoke to deal with in one inhalation so I'm guessing I will have to play around with temperatures and technique etc but so far so good.

I must just have a high tolerance or something as most people on here seem to say that they can breakthrough on 2 or 3 good hits from a GVG.