We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help with P aquatica(I think) ID Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 6/2/2019 2:11:04 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Is this a Phalaris aquatica? I think it is on my amateur knowledge I’ve gained from these threads
Metta-Morpheus attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (3,010kb) downloaded 83 time(s).
image.jpg (1,800kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
image.jpg (1,163kb) downloaded 83 time(s).
image.jpg (2,132kb) downloaded 83 time(s).
image.jpg (3,085kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 6/2/2019 2:56:32 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

Or maybe brachy, because that has no rizhom growth correct?

Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

grollum
#3 Posted : 6/2/2019 7:20:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that might be Dactylis glomerata but no phalaris of any kind.

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 6/2/2019 8:29:24 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

What else should I be looking for? This is hard! More than just those pictures, there were 2 other types of grass that were pretty close to that as well, with minor differences in the same area.

grollum
#5 Posted : 6/2/2019 10:58:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing I didn't realize when I started searching for Phalaris is that not all grasses flower at the same time. So I searched for many days again and again and only saw Dactylis glomerata because it was not the time for Phalaris to flower. But finally after some more weeks the Phalaris showed its heads as well and I could quite easily see the difference to other grasses. You could check when different Phalaris types in your area are flowering.

It helped me a lot by taking lots of photos with me which show different parts of the wanted plants and compare them with the discovered flowers.

Metta-Morpheus
#6 Posted : 6/2/2019 11:30:18 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks for that info. I saw a ton that looked like all leaf with no sign of seed head yet. I just thought that was not what I was looking for, but it sounds like on the contrary it might be. I’ll bring some photos for comparison when I check again. Thanks again

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 6/4/2019 12:36:31 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I will post real pics of a botanically confirmed P. aquatica tomorrow, or you can just search my posts as I've definitely posted pics of it before.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Chimp Z
#8 Posted : 6/4/2019 3:53:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The pictured grass is definitely the ol' Dactylis Glomerata(orchard grass) which contains gramine and no tryptamines.
It seems Dactylis Glomerata is the only species in that genus.
Some believe there are different phenotypes

Wiki: The taxa show several different levels of polyploidy. Dactylis glomerata subsp. glomerata and D. glomerata subsp. hispanica are tetraploid forms with 28 chromosomes. Several of the other taxa, including D. glomerata. subsp. himalayensis (syn. D. himalayensis), D. glomerata subsp. lobata (syn. D. polygama), D. metlesicsii, and some forms of D. smithii, are diploid with 2n = 14; hexaploids with 42 chromosomes also occur rarely.

If Dactylis Glomerata is growing near you, then Phalaris Arundinacea should be located somewhere
closeby. Check by forests, fields, and rivers. Some even grow near beaches if you live near a sound
or bay.

Metta-Morpheus
#9 Posted : 6/4/2019 2:41:00 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

I’m starting to lean towards getting some seeds and cultivating my own to start so I can have some hands on experience with a confirmed species, and then maybe be able to distinguish better in the wild next year. Downwards: I have looked a handful of confirmed pics through the forum, but it’s a lot harder when I got to it. There were like four different types that were only different by a slight detail in the same place. Pics were hard to translate to the field. But please, still post some pics. I’m not gonna stop looking!

twitchy
#10 Posted : 6/20/2019 9:23:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't know if it helps, but my P. aquatica gives over to a bluish light-green hue a day or so after being fed high nitrogen ferts.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 6/20/2019 11:26:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Almost forgot, here's a couple of pics attached below. One day I'll work out how embedding photos works.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_0356.JPG (4,025kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
IMG_0351.JPG (2,198kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jagube
#12 Posted : 6/21/2019 10:36:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero, that doesn't look like P. aquatica. Maybe P. arundinacea or Dactylis glomerata.