We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Why? How can I be so Negligent? Options

LongTimeWaiting
#21 Posted : 6/19/2019 3:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
I've had jars bottom out on me like that a couple times. Fortunately it was in a hot water bath both times so it all just dumped into the water. I stopped doing hot water baths after that second time. Then I stopped using lye altogether and went to the drytek.

A story of one my many fails:
I had a jar of spice infused solvent evaporating in front of a fan. Full extraction, probably 1.5-2 grams worth. I wanted to speed it up so I set the jar kinda on it's edge and made sure it was well supported so it wouldn't roll around or spill. Well, I accidentally bumped the table and watched as the jar tipped rolled and dumped my whole extraction into my cork yoga block which was conveniently sitting right below the table. I was bemoaning my fate in chat about it and House was like, just think of it this way, every time you do yoga now you'll reach for your block and know hyperspace is right there with yoyu. Now every time I'm doing yoga and reach for my block I crack a little smile an remember what is sitting right behind the veil. Very happy

I'm going to look into different methods of extracting, I've been doing my version of the lazyman's tek for six years now, but I never want to repeat what happened.

And, that's rough. I would have been upset as well, to be so close yet so far. At least, in the end, you turned it into something positive. Does the yoga block still smell like DMT?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loverofallthings
#22 Posted : 6/19/2019 4:20:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don’t forget:

The famed professional chemist, Albert Hoffman, while working with as of yet unknown molecules innhislab, was careless enough to accidentally ingest a biologically active quantity of one of these molecules.

Even the pros mess up.

JP
#23 Posted : 6/19/2019 4:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loverofallthings wrote:
Don’t forget:

The famed professional chemist, Albert Hoffman, while working with as of yet unknown molecules innhislab, was careless enough to accidentally ingest a biologically active quantity of one of these molecules.

Even the pros mess up.

In his defense the active dose of lsd is not visible.
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 6/19/2019 8:22:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I too have lost the bottom of a soda glass (i.e. not boro) jar to a hot water bath although in this case the extraction was rescued due to having chosen a large stainless steel pan as the bath container. That was an instructive lucky choice.

I've also done the classic bungle of spending at least a week fiddling round with an experimental three-solvent procedure only to knock over the beaker containing the solution just prior to recrystallisation. In that instance I was saved from utter dismay by the fact that I was more interested in the fiddling with solvents than in actually using the product. I could still have kicked myself though.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

abusedtoaster
#25 Posted : 6/19/2019 11:00:24 PM

Scrumptious

Use cut in half hdpe2 milk jug y not
X

PREV12