We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6364656667NEXT»
Acacia and Mimosa Identification Thread Options

Backwardsjackson
#1281 Posted : 5/28/2019 4:03:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I’m in south east Queensland (near Brisbane) and have a massive 5m or so tree in my yard that looks like he could be the ticket for a ride into the universe, and a friend a few meters away. I’ve done quite an extensive search but haven’t managed to clearly identify an acacia that has singular seed pods like this fella.
Any help identifying would be much appreciated!

It’s definitely not maedenii, and I’m saying that just from the seed pods.
When it flowers, the flowers are around a pencil length, width and white-ish yellow fuzz

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Backwardsjackson
#1282 Posted : 5/28/2019 4:35:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Help

acacian
#1283 Posted : 5/30/2019 10:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Backwardsjackson wrote:
Help

its not an acacia..

nonothing
#1284 Posted : 6/6/2019 8:18:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi beautiful souls,

May one of you experts cast your eye over this fine acacia and let me know what you think it may be?

I've not seen one of these in NSW before but I trust they're known to someone.

Peace,
nn
nonothing attached the following image(s):
acacia1.jpg (631kb) downloaded 149 time(s).
acacia2.jpg (390kb) downloaded 149 time(s).
acacia3.jpg (1,169kb) downloaded 149 time(s).
acacia4.jpg (905kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

Chimp Z
#1285 Posted : 6/7/2019 10:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acacia Cylcops overlooking the Pacific Ocean
Chimp Z attached the following image(s):
sunset cliffs cyclops (1).jpg (117kb) downloaded 138 time(s).

Chimp Z
#1286 Posted : 6/7/2019 10:57:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Serafettin I'm pretty certain your pictured tree is Acacia Pycnantha.

Backwardsjackson, your tree is not an Acacia.

Suleiman, check Longifolia, Coriacea or Floribunda. Idk if I missed pix of seed pods

If you're thinking it's Longifolia, check flowers, this is what they look like.
I captured this pic 2 months ago.
imageedit_30_5284691639 (1).jpg (174kb) downloaded 133 time(s).

acacian
#1287 Posted : 6/8/2019 3:25:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woh
#1288 Posted : 6/10/2019 12:38:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello new here and decided to try and find some Acacias in my local area. Was looking for
A. longifolia subsp. sophorae or A. Obtusifolia.

Also looking for advice on wether I should wait until spring when the plants are flowering or if it is worth attempting an extraction on a small branch of the plant.

Thanks.

Plant. 1
Has some small flower buds closesly bunched together on short stems, leafs are pointed at the ends not blunt or serated.

about as tall as me.

Plant. 2
very similiar to plant 1 however I asure you they are different plants, plant 2 just has slightly wider leaves and is a little bit taller.
woh attached the following image(s):
plant2.jpg (3,260kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
plant3.jpg (2,798kb) downloaded 117 time(s).

Alio84
#1289 Posted : 6/16/2019 8:11:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, I am new here and I have been searching for acacia trees for a week. I found two different kinds of acacia trees that may have DMT. but not sure about their identification. One of them looks like A.Farnesiana but not sure about the other one.

I included three pictures of each Acacia.

Alio84 attached the following image(s):
20190616_061501.jpg (4,779kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
20190616_063150.jpg (4,907kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
20190616_062504.jpg (7,484kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
20190616_064659.jpg (3,057kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
20190616_064405.jpg (4,334kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
20190616_061404.jpg (7,702kb) downloaded 94 time(s).

Chimp Z
#1290 Posted : 6/16/2019 9:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Alio84 looks like you may have a Farnesiana/Smallii but I'm not certain.

What I do know is that the picture of the tree with the long flower is Prosopsis Glandulosa

Alio84
#1291 Posted : 6/17/2019 7:41:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried yesterday A. Farensiana (?) trunk bark 5g and I can confirm it is active after 30 minutes of orally intake. I took ~250mg Syrian rue extracts 40 minutes prior from drinking the acacia tea.

This is my first experiment with DMT thought, and definitly gonna use brew barks of this tree again.

Chimp Z
#1292 Posted : 6/17/2019 7:28:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work Alio84 Love do you have bark from the sample you ingested?
Often times we can get an active species but then return a week later and the alkaloids have vanished
Maybe you can get an extract of this and send it off for GCMS review?
Are the any details to the experience; heightened awareness, sound, color vibrancy, etc?
Thank you for sharing Thumbs up

Alio84
#1293 Posted : 6/18/2019 3:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
Nice work Alio84 Love do you have bark from the sample you ingested?
Often times we can get an active species but then return a week later and the alkaloids have vanished
Maybe you can get an extract of this and send it off for GCMS review?
Are the any details to the experience; heightened awareness, sound, color vibrancy, etc?
Thank you for sharing Thumbs up

Thanks!! Thumbs up I still have bark from the tree and planning to do another brew.
Not sure I got your point of the active species getting vanished of alkaloid a week later. Can you explain more? Not sure I will take MAOI this time since I read that this tree has 5-MeO DMT. My experience was more like a DMT than a 5-MeO-DMT though.

I still don't know how to extract and I don't think I can send illegal materials anywhere. Stop
However, A. Farnesiana is available in many places around the world. The method I used is I brewed the powder of the bark (5 grams) in ~1 liter/3 (300ml each) for three times using the same bark for 30-40 minutes each brew, and then combined the three and boild them again for reduction. Later, I filtered the tea, boild it again and added one egg white, and stirred for 15 minutes. Then filtered the tea, and the amount left to consume was half glass.

30 minutes after consuming the tea it starts to take affect.
- I see smoke while my eyes are closed, (I was afraid my room is on fire so I had to open my eyes to check.)
-I started seeing purple moving everywhere and taking over the black
- I saw a shade from the right side coming closer to me (as swimming or no gravity) and then touched me.
-Later I was in kinda a tunnel, everything was moving fast in left and right sides and at the end started to slow down.
-Also I saw myself going up in a roller coaster and was so afraid of the downward, eventualy it was only going up and then their was fireworks and I felt relieved.
-Then I saw people (Humans) walking out of this thing and each one holding hands with someone/somethings, (I couldn't see who are those I could only see the humans).
- Last thing I was infront of a man looked like a cashier in a store and I asked him about the date, then suddenly everything (including this man) stopped and started vaporating from my vision. Then I woke up next day

I was so tired before consuming the tea and wanted to sleep, I believe the trip could be longer if I didn't fell asleep too early. Love

Chimp Z
#1294 Posted : 6/18/2019 4:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a dreamy experience. Thank you for sharing.
I wonder what your tree is though, Acacia Farnesiana usually has thorns.
The seed pods look spot-on nonetheless.
Does your tree have thorns/might there be a variety of Farnesiana/Smallii that is thornless?

In regards to alkaloids peaking and depleting:
https://www.youtube.com/...=X4gcKm8TgZU&t=2893s

Snu Voogelbreinder mentions they went back a few times to different Acacias to find
they didn't have as much alkaloids if any. Diurnal differences can have a huge impact
on plant secondary metabolites.

This has happened to me before when extracting from Phalaris and different Acacias.
You'll get a good yield once, go back to the plant and get a small yield.
Hard to master the wild plants.

Alio84
#1295 Posted : 6/18/2019 6:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
Sounds like a dreamy experience. Thank you for sharing.
I wonder what your tree is though, Acacia Farnesiana usually has thorns.
The seed pods look spot-on nonetheless.
Does your tree have thorns/might there be a variety of Farnesiana/Smallii that is thornless?

In regards to alkaloids peaking and depleting:
https://www.youtube.com/...=X4gcKm8TgZU&t=2893s

Snu Voogelbreinder mentions they went back a few times to different Acacias to find
they didn't have as much alkaloids if any. Diurnal differences can have a huge impact
on plant secondary metabolites.

This has happened to me before when extracting from Phalaris and different Acacias.
You'll get a good yield once, go back to the plant and get a small yield.
Hard to master the wild plants.

It was a good dreamy experience out of the 5g bark. Maybe if the dosage is higher it will be different experince.

Do you think I should avoid MAOI, I read that this tree may contain 5-meo-dmt in the leaves and I some say it is dangerous to take it with MAOI, not sure if the tree also contain 5-MoE-DMT in the bark. According to my first try, I didnt feel sick, no nuesea, no purge. Not sure if the side effects of mixing 5-MoE-DMT with MAOI is a long term effects or immiedietly.

The tree has two kinds of thorns, small thorns looks like horns, and long sharp thorns
Alio84 attached the following image(s):
20190616_063240.jpg (2,793kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
20190616_063452.jpg (3,226kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

nen888
#1296 Posted : 6/20/2019 12:06:21 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^^..it looks to be A. farnesiana (Vachellia farnesiana), which has a range of morphotypes in different areas ..thanks for keeping plant knowledge strong ChimpZ...i haven't had a lot of time to do IDs in here anymore, so appreciate it

and Allo84 - very interesting.. i do caution against the oral ingestion of uncertain or untested acacias, there can be a lot of other things in there.. based on ethnomedicinal data and recent experiments by BundleflowerPower this species has interesting and so far not harmful activity, but extraction and vaporisation is a much safer way to test an unknown plant.. we really need to get more tests done on A. farnesiana, and i encourage Nexians to take advantage of GCMS testing being offered by the nexus..there have been instances of 5meo-dmt in some specimens of A. farnesiana, but not in others..it's also been found to contain simple tryptamine.. i will be looking a little at this species in future writing..
Allo84 i commend your enquiring spirit but also point out this is very unknown territory.. A. farnesiana has some variation, and how this plays out in chemical variation is not clear.. 5meo is not inherently safe with MAOIs in all but trace amounts..
A. farnesiana has as i said some traditional usage, but not in conjunction with MAOIs..proceed with extreme caution, and try to get the material tested.. A. farnesiana also based on BundleFlowerPower's experiments has some oral activity on its own, which is true of a number of acacias.. this may not be due to alkaloids..
anyway, this is interesting info..try to ascertain what exactly you are ingesting, to be able to make more calculated decisiond.. and if you can get these things tested please contribute the results to the nexus knowledge base..
and stay safe all

Chimp Z
#1297 Posted : 6/20/2019 3:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks nen,
yes everyone be safe things can change quickly.

I need help identifying this plant that I saw the other day in Zone 10A
what 1.jpg (340kb) downloaded 232 time(s).
what 2.jpg (447kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
what 3.jpg (345kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
what.jpg (394kb) downloaded 231 time(s).

KB181
#1298 Posted : 6/25/2019 10:03:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey team,

My first time using this excellent thread ! Have learned so much thanks allot all involved !

I come across what I believe is a acacia melanoxylon, now my question is , a tree right beside it looking identical , except 1 it was not flowering and 2 is had rough bark, unfortunately I didn’t get photos but I have photos of the suspected acacia.m

What do you guys think , could be a good candidate (not the photos shown) ?

A great thing the plants have taught me is patience.... and I haven’t even found the right one ! Hahaha

Here are photos https://imgur.com/a/qvNKbvN

Update: After extraction small amount of yellow goo was left after evaporation , I have been doing my pulls with cold aus shelite , wondering if this maybe affecting it ? As every extraction I’ve done on suspected floribunda ect I am left with same goo that smells like flowers .

Dan_J
#1299 Posted : 7/7/2019 12:42:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey gang,

today i was at a local shroom hunting spot when i noticed that the lower bark of a tree was striped, on closer inspection i confirmed that someone must have done this.

now this doesnt look like mimosa hostilis but its similar so i'm just after an id if possible, located in australia- vic SE.
would be great if it is safe and has dmt alkaloids, that way i can collect seeds and start gorilla grows in the same habitat.

thanks
-dan

Chimp Z
#1300 Posted : 7/11/2019 5:23:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey KB181 it sure does look a lot like Melanoxylon with the white flowers.
The phyllodes seem too long and spread apart to be Melanoxylon, though.
Do you know its growing conditions?(rural inland, coastal, forest, etc)
I'm just wondering what all the white stuff on the bark is doing...
Never seen a melanoxylon tree with that on it.
From the blackwood's I've seen they have rough rigid
bark when mature and is smoother when young.
Are you able to heat up the shellite upon extracting?
I use naphtha with all mine and warm solvent usually works best if you're
putting it in the freezer afterwards. Save these extracts, send them to be analyzed. Smile

Also a good indicator of it being Melanoxylon is if there are seedlings growing about
they should have pinnate foliage. After they've passed the juvenile stage
they'll start putting out regular big phyllodes.
I know these plants have phenotypes and phyllodes
may grow longer under certain conditions....
Look up what white-flowering Acacias grow in your vicinity.

Dan_J, hmmm may not be a Mimosa Hostilis. Looks like Acacia Decurrens/Dealbata to me.
Could have been somebody who misidentified the tree and killed it Sad

«PREV6364656667NEXT»