We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
solving the mystery of jungle spice Options

Infundibulum
#21 Posted : 12/16/2009 9:25:49 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Heretic wrote:
10 ml of red ether was evaporated to yield a sticky red product... much harder than the previous one...

fasa was added to the other 15 ml of ether turning the solution extremely cloudy on impact... to a much higher degree then swim's latter xylene pulls when hit with fasa...

WTF? swim was confident that jug was cashed, all the white + yellow was pulled with naptha (8 pulls total) and 8 pulls total were done with xylene as well. Either the ether grabbed what the xylene missed (red oxide?) or you are correct about another alkaloid.

swim will update when the fumarate forms and then once again when the freebase is born.

SWIY didn't do the control experiment, i.e. to throw FASA in plain untouched ether to see whether fumaric acid crashes out upon impact. What SWIY may be seeing is just fumaric acid crashing out when FASA is added in ether and not any fumarates.

Fumaric acid does not precipitate out when FASA is added in xylene but it does when FASA is added in naphtha. Maybe same is for ether.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Heretic
#22 Posted : 12/16/2009 9:48:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you know I was thinking the exact same thing but dismissed it because after a certain amount of fasa was added the clouds stopped forming like normal, if it were the fasa crashing out wouldn't it keep crashing as long as it was added? (I guess the ratio of fasa and ether might matter...)

.... ok just tested... fumaric acid did not crash when fasa was added to the ether. SCORE!

::edit:: crystals have formed around the side of the bowl, still more time is needed til all precips. From first glance the crystals do remind me of fumaric acid being clear/white but that still doesn't explain why my ether pull was colored orange! I was thinking that maybe the ether was just pulling residual fats and oils but that wouldn't explain why something crashed out of solution... unless ether does make fumaric acid drop out... but I didn't see that happen when fresh ether was mixed with fasa... Only time will tell I suppose
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Heretic
#23 Posted : 12/17/2009 12:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

k the red ether + fasa precipitated a very small amount of what appears to be jungle fumarate, insoluble in acetone. The ether + fasa still retained a cloudy color so it has been placed under a fan where it is shooting out crystals of something as it evaps lol. idk what to do with these possible fumarates yet.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

burnt
#24 Posted : 12/17/2009 8:53:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
I just thought that I would add that Ether seems to always grab spice from the soup long after naptha has stopped pulling anything. It doen't make a lot of logical sense, i know... but it's true. You probably DO have alot of spice in there...

In a way it does make sense. Because naptha and hexane do not dissolve that much spice (even if you do many pulls) thats why you can crystallize it. This is why SWIM recommends first doing toluene (or related) pulls to get it all out and then clean it up after with small hexane recrystallizations as needed.

I wonder is fumaric acids are capable of hydrolyzing yureamamine? Perhaps this would require heat though.. or stronger acids. Any ideas?

PREV12