We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt free base smoking method ( thoughts?) Options

pranav
#1 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:45:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i just got this glass more resembles like a bulb, what are your recommendations on smoking dmt in this?
would there be any wastage?

i feel like i could evaporate the whole dmt and take one huge rip after taking a small toke of dmt which i inhaled while torching.

pls share some insights of the first timer.
edit-DO SEE THE ATTACHMENT!
pranav attached the following image(s):
283a0c60-051a-4e24-8f8f-7c9cfa0364a5.JPG (56kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Crispycat
#2 Posted : 6/15/2019 2:42:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can it work.. yes
however learning to use it efficiently is tricky you will most likely burn a lot of product as it is very easy to overheat any glass bulb type vape

best tips i can give are to hold the lighter alot further away from the glass than you think you should, quite a bit above the flame

then the second your product starts to melt move even further away from the flame or turn it off! it should gently start to steam up!
if it quickly turns to thick smoke you have most likely burnt it, which will give your inhale a really bad taste, may make your lips/mouth numb or tingly and will give you a weaker effect

here is a link to the faq/wiki for what others have found to be the better smoking methods
Never trust a hyperfart!

pranav
#3 Posted : 6/15/2019 5:38:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

was just wondering if i could do the sandwich method in this type of glass? will there be a wastage if do sandwich method too? or is it better to do it free base ?
pranav attached the following image(s):
b977e192-cf68-45db-8d78-f5c80fdecee8.jpg (98kb) downloaded 131 time(s).

Achilles
#4 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:01:58 PM

I is the obstacle.

Get a quartz quest atomizer and a cheap vape mod and you’ll be all set. I love my little spaceship 🚀 ... set to temp control 310 and bam. All together the mod and tank can be picked up for $70-$100.
This guys ego ^

5tarDust
#5 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
was just wondering if i could do the sandwich method in this type of glass? will there be a wastage if do sandwich method too? or is it better to do it free base ?

I think that one might work good actually! Use it like a "dab rig".
Measure your DMT, but don't put it into the glass yet. Just get it ready so that it can all be dropped in quickly. A tiny spoon works good for this(I use a little metal spoon so I can touch it to the hot glass and vaporize every last bit. The shop you are at may have one of these.), but you can use a lot of things.
Heat the glass with a torch until it is almost glowing, and then let it cool down some. While inhaling very slowly, drop your DMT into the glass "bowl". If it sizzles a little, but not violently, that means you got the temp perfect. If it sizzles violently, you should have let it cool off more, and if there's no sizzle, you let it cool to much.
Continue to inhale very slowly until it's all been vaporized.

If you do this right it should be very effective.
When you're starting out, it will probably be a lot easier if a friend can drop the DMT in for you.

pranav
#6 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:18:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so you are telling me to drop the dmt while i inhale ??

wouldnt it be effective to put the free base into the preheated glass and slowly lit up the glass holding the torch flame slightly away from the glass and take one huge rip and take second hit if there are any left? my friend will be holding the pipe for me .

5tarDust
#7 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:22:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
so you are telling me to drop the dmt while i inhale ??

wouldnt it be effective to put the free base into the preheated glass and slowly lit up the glass holding the torch flame slightly away from the glass and take one huge rip and take second hit if there are any left? my friend will be holding the pipe for me .

Yes.Heat until it is almost, or slightly glowing, then let it cool for 15 seconds or so before dropping the DMT in. Have your friend put it in.
It's hard to get the temperature and the DMT to vaporize correctly when you heat it while the DMT is inside. It's very easy to burn it, which you definitely do not want to do. Look up "how to use a dab rig" on google and use that technique. That pipe is basically a dab rig.

pranav
#8 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:29:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

this would be my first time, and im just quite worried if there would be any wastage where the vapor would escape from that gape... would packing up dmt in between some herbs using the sandwich method in THIS pipe would word ??????

5tarDust
#9 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:29:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the store you are at has a "dab rig" for smoking marijuana hash oil, that would work even better...but the one in the picture is close enough that it should work just like one.

The method I just described to you is likely to be much more effective than the sandwich method.

pranav
#10 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:48:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

could i use a steel nail instead of the ring ?? all i should i heat it all up along with the glass and drop the dmt slowly while inhale while the nail vaporizes ??

5tarDust
#11 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
could i use a steel nail instead of the ring ?? all i should i heat it all up along with the glass and drop the dmt slowly while inhale while the nail vaporizes ??

If your definition of "nail" is the same as mine, That should work great! Can you send a picture?

pranav
#12 Posted : 6/15/2019 6:55:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i dont have one, have to find one tomo morning, would any piece of a solid glass would do the trick ? or a piece of thick nail or screw would do ? do you have picture of your nail?? i might get some idea.

5tarDust
#13 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:04:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
i dont have one, have to find one tomo morning, would any piece of a solid glass would do the trick ? or a piece of thick nail or screw would do ? do you have picture of your nail?? i might get some idea.

Here are some example of "nails"

And a "dab rig", which is basically a "nail" used with a small marijuana bong(works with almost any glass MJ bong):

If you can get something like that, that's going to work GREAT!

5tarDust
#14 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:11:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to mention that most people prefer the quartz banger "nail" for DMT.(show below)...but a metal one will also work great.
The wider quartz banger mouth makes it easier to drop the DMT in. They will both work great, though.

pranav
#15 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:39:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i guess i got to do it without the nails man, im just gonna preheat the glass and it red,wait for like 15 seconds and put the dmt into glass while i inhale. im just not sure how to drop the dmt into the glass. Have seen people saying that it melts off in whatever you are holding when you get it near the glass..

could i use the small bulb like glass ( the first picture which i posted) where the glass has a flat bottom, i could just preheat the glass and put the dmt inside while i torch the bottom keep the flames away and wait for it to vaporize and take just one huge hit ?

which one would work better ?
ps; i wont be having a nail.

5tarDust
#16 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
i guess i got to do it without the nails man, im just gonna preheat the glass and it red,wait for like 15 seconds and put the dmt into glass while i inhale. im just not sure how to drop the dmt into the glass. Have seen people saying that it melts off in whatever you are holding when you get it near the glass..

could i use the small bulb like glass ( the first picture which i posted) where the glass has a flat bottom, i could just preheat the glass and put the dmt inside while i torch the bottom keep the flames away and wait for it to vaporize and take just one huge hit ?

which one would work better ?
ps; i wont be having a nail.

I would advise against the "bulb". That's one of the worst methods IMO. Unless you regularly smoke meth or crack and are very skilled at using one, I doubt it's going to work well.

That second pipe you took a picture of seems like it should work good if you can't find anything else. It's definitely better than the bulb.

For "dropping" it in, I use a little metal spoon, like this:

Since it's metal I just scoop up the amount I weighed out and then touch it right to the hot glass while moving it across the glass in a circular motion.
If you can't get one, I'm sure you could get creative and make something similar.

pranav
#17 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:50:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

was much helpful. thank you for the insights.

5tarDust
#18 Posted : 6/15/2019 7:57:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranav wrote:
was much helpful. thank you for the insights.

No problem, let us know how it works out.

Also if you are making your own spoon, just be careful not to use something with toxic metal in it like lead. I have no idea if using a regular flattened out steel nail would be okay or not. I've always just purchased the spoons that were made for it.