We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New member presentation Options

UrbanS
#1 Posted : 5/31/2019 8:09:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Im new here and like to introduce myself. I have used psychedelics in my youth about 15-20 years ago but stopped when I started my serious meditation practice 2008. Now I am thinking about starting to use psychedelics again and am looking for information.
My intention to use psychedelics is both spiritual and medical. It was mushrooms that showed me there is a spiritual depth available that I didnt know before, which in turn resulted in a life long spiritual practice by vipassana meditation instead of psychedelics.
I have since developed a migraine, which is not getting better. I read that psychedelics, especially dmt, can provide relief so I feel that its time to take up the psychedelics again - both to battle the migraine, and to go deeper in meditation.

Kind regards
UrbanS

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 6/1/2019 5:23:40 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hello and Welcome to the Nexus!

I dont know about migraine but i know that psychedelics (LSD and Psilocybin Mushrooms) help patients with cluster headache. You can try working with them and if there is no result, you could try Aya. Thumbs up

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 6/2/2019 8:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello UrbanS!

Sorry to hear about your suffering. I know migraine relief was one of the main reasons why Goenka started practicing Vipassana himself. It's what pushed him to take the practice back to India where it originated from. I was experiencing migraines on and off at various intensities over the last few years, and since I started practicing daily after my retreat last November, I have only had one very minor attack.

My psychedelic experiences since Vipassana have been very rewarding. They really go hand in hand for me and might also be whats helping keep the headaches at bay. I hope you get the relief you are looking for.

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 6/2/2019 9:33:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As an aside, magnesium deficiency is endemic in the diet of developed regions. Possible migraine prophylaxis, in addition to a plethora of other health maintenance benefits, advocate for it's supplementation, broadly.
https://americanmigraine...ource-library/magnesium/

Peace

RayD8
#5 Posted : 6/13/2019 9:03:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

I used to suffer from migraines back in my school days. I also began having out-of-body experiences at around the same time .
Way down the road I am seeing that they were likely brought on by severe daily stress. I adjusted my diet too which helped ....reduced dairy and cut out coffee.
These days I get headaches when I am tired and grumpy but that's about it. I would look into stress reduction, that's if you are stressed, and see if you can root out any emotional blocks. Meditation is a way of bringing up the emotional issues but when they surface they must be dealt with otherwise it can get very messy. Hope this helps some.
'You are confused, because you believe that you are in the world, not the world in you'