We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT not dissolved in acetone Options

Shizballs
#1 Posted : 6/8/2019 6:00:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am trying to do the FASA method to turn nnDMT to DMT fumarate

Described here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=2546
69Ron wrote:

Here’s the quick tech:

1) Completely dissolve 1000 mg of freebase DMT in 50 ml of acetone.
2) Completely dissolve 309 mg of fumaric acid in another batch of 50 ml of acetone.
3) Mix for 1 minute and evaporate at room temperature to give DMT fumarate.

I've added what is believed to be n,n dmt to acetone (i've vaporized it before and it worked fine - orally haven't gotten much - I am what shulgin calls a hardhead) but almost none of it is dissolving.

Is my DMT already a salt or just very impure? Am I doing something else wrong?

I've also tried dissolving it in Pepsi and Lemon juice. Both about 60mg in a shot glass with the shot glass about full. Seemed like some dissolved here but definitely a good amount of chunks never dissolved.

My spice currently sitting in acetone as it evaporates for now. Never added the FASA

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

leratiomyces
#2 Posted : 6/8/2019 10:35:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If you extracted your own dmt, then you should be confident it is dmt, based on its physical characteristics. If someone gave it to you, then that could potentially be one issue.

Secondly, are you 100 percent sure you have acetone? Or is it half acetone, half water.....

Shizballs
#3 Posted : 6/8/2019 11:42:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

leratiomyces wrote:
If you extracted your own dmt, then you should be confident it is dmt, based on its physical characteristics. If someone gave it to you, then that could potentially be one issue.

Secondly, are you 100 percent sure you have acetone? Or is it half acetone, half water.....

I am 100% sure it is. 99.9% ACS-USP/NF Grade.

I was given. They are experienced and are aware of my experience with other compounds as well as this one.

#4 Posted : 6/9/2019 2:48:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't see your pictures but when you say the chunks aren't dissolving, how big are the chunks? Have you tried breaking them up and stirring it some? I've never had a problem getting the dmt to dissolve but my dmt is a powder and doesn't have any chunks in it.

β—‹
#5 Posted : 6/9/2019 3:01:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Dmt freebase is nicely soluble in acetone. As 655321 said too you could try breaking the chunks up, then stirring afterward.

Also (not over an open flame) you could make a double boiler using a small glass container within a bigger container, adding boiling water to the bigger container, heating up the acetone mixture possibly helping to expedite things (if what you have is primarily/high % dmt). But tbh acetone should've worked by itself.

Shizballs
#6 Posted : 6/9/2019 7:19:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Dmt freebase is nicely soluble in acetone. As 655321 said too you could try breaking the chunks up, then stirring afterward.

Also (not over an open flame) you could make a double boiler using a small glass container within a bigger container, adding boiling water to the bigger container, heating up the acetone mixture possibly helping to expedite things (if what you have is primarily/high % dmt). But tbh acetone should've worked by itself.

Yeah I tried turning it to power but it doesn't really work, stays in tiny chunks.

The double boiler worked well. Thanks for that.

I have another problem though. The fumaric acid doesn't dissolve in acetone for some reason. Acquired from "My Spice Sage". Ingredients: Fumaric acid.

#7 Posted : 6/10/2019 5:56:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's a pain to get the fumaric acid to dissolve, just keep stirring and eventually it will. I use a magnetic stirrer and it still takes 20-30 minutes to dissolve it.

Shizballs
#8 Posted : 6/12/2019 2:51:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

655321 wrote:
It's a pain to get the fumaric acid to dissolve, just keep stirring and eventually it will. I use a magnetic stirrer and it still takes 20-30 minutes to dissolve it.

lol wow that sucks

so just to be clear, I'm following the same rest of the steps involved here?
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1569

once both are dissolved, I'm going to mix, stir for a few minutes.

Let the whole thing evaporate no hotter than 140 C. Then mix with MEK to (absorb?) the fumaric acid? It says it falls to the bottom. Not sure how filtering would work if it doesn't dissolve since I'm assuming the DMT fumarate stays solid and insoluble?

And of course, I'm ending by evaporating at 140 C to get rid of residual MEK.

I'm assuming this should also do a bit to clean up the impurities a bit too, no?

#9 Posted : 6/13/2019 3:54:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Never tried it that way but it seems overly complicated to me. I dissolve 1g dmt in 50ml anhydrous acetone and 310mg fumaric acid in another 50ml of acetone and then pour both into a glass baking dish and tilt back and forth a couple times to make sure it's mixed well. It will turn milky white almost immediately and then wait 15 minutes or so for it to turn clear again. Then I pour off the acetone through a coffee filter to catch any loose dmt because not all of it will stick to the dish and then let it dry and that's it.

Looks like this when done:
655321 attached the following image(s):
622555241-IMG_0546.jpg (447kb) downloaded 29 time(s).