We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Grinding Syrian Rue Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 12/16/2009 4:06:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does syrian rue have to be ground for an extraction? I cant for the life of me find anything to grind this stuff, and don't have a coffee grinder.

Hammer + concrete doesn't even work wtf

edit - now I am going to try the freeze and thaw and see if I can't use a blender on these.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dimitrius
#2 Posted : 12/16/2009 8:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They DON'T need to be ground for extraction.

I've done this twice without grinding them and the yields were what you'd expect....only I used vinegar in the place of citric acid....or maybe I used phosphoric acid....either way. It worked.

SyZyGyPSy wrote:

The ideal tek for getting harmaloids is as follows:

1. Boil seeds in citric acid solution, reduce to simmer, simmer for ~45min.

2. Strain.

3. Add 100g NaCl per litre of solution. Add directly to solution, heating if necessary to help it dissolve.

4. Refridgerate overnight

5. Pour off liquid from the top. Filter precipitated mush/sparkle dirt.

6. Redissolve the mush in boiling distilled water. Alkaloids are already in salt form so no need to use an acid for this. Filter to remove any insoluble crud. Cotton balls work well for this stage of filtration, much quicker than paper filtering.

7. Use saturated sodium carbonate solution to precip fb alkaloids. Add until color stabilizes, then add a little more for good measure.

8. Let the freebase alkaloids settle. Pour off liquid from the top, and filter.

9. Bring distilled water, or better yet Evamor, to a boil. Kill the heat and let it cool just a little, then toss in your alkaloids. Stir briefly and filter.

10. Repeat step 9 until your wash water is clear to your satisfaction.

11. Enjoy!

In this paper, on page 18, it says "it was discovered that the alkaloids are wholly located in the husks...."

Think about how the husks swell during their long boil/simmer in the acidic water. Surely this releases the alkaloids allowing them to migrate into the water.

I don't know....it WORKED.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Astralking
#3 Posted : 12/16/2009 11:43:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aye. I've also heard if you make a rue tea with whole seeds it makes you MUCH less sick than using ground seeds but you are meant to use more seeds. I can't remember where i read this though it might have been on bluelight.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

soulfood
#4 Posted : 12/16/2009 11:51:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

My advice with unground rue is to do long simmers until the liquid starts to come out clear, which takes a while but it makes filtering much easier. Then you can freeze them then defrost, then dry in an oven and they should become quite brittle, then you can boil them further.

That should get pretty much everything out of them.

You could start with the freezing and drying before you boil, but I like to treagt the 2 phases as seperate extractions until the second batch is a little cleaner.

Oncewas
#5 Posted : 12/16/2009 7:40:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I went out bought a coffee grinder ground the rue and returned it haha.

So far I have done 3 45 minute boils of 300 ml acidified water for 30 grams of rue.

I filtered the sludge out of it. I found it insane how much sludge was in solution.

I have approximately 450 ml's of solution cuz I boiled some of it off so it is easier to work with.

Now I am going to:

- boil 175 ml water and super saturate with NaCL(no iodide added). Strain and add to my solution.

- allow them to hangout over night in the fridge or maybe just outside(brrrr it's cold)

- then I just filter them? I'm not going for freebase I just want something crude for pharma. So could I just filter through a coffee strainer then evap solids for oral ingestion?

Crystalito
#6 Posted : 12/16/2009 9:25:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why not add salt straight to your solution? If you make a super-saturated salt solution and start pouring it in your "mother solution of harmalas" ,you are diluting the salt solution.Have you taken measurments to see the final salt concentration if you mix them? Will it be enough for precipitation?