We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi leaf aya? Options

SHroomtroll
#1 Posted : 1/18/2011 9:53:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have alot of caapi leaves but not so much vine left, how does the leaves compare to different vines in making aya?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

rOm
#2 Posted : 1/18/2011 10:04:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried it as a brew but it has been described as much moar nauseous. Extracting it ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

SHroomtroll
#3 Posted : 1/18/2011 10:43:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i guess i could do that, i was just wondering since i don´t know what else to do with it, maybe i will just save it for future changa batches,

seems like i got it sent to me by accident.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 1/18/2011 5:05:56 PM

The Great Namah

My guess is that you'd need a lot of it....and the brew would probably be harder to ingest and even harder to keep down.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

SHroomtroll
#5 Posted : 1/20/2011 9:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
My guess is that you'd need a lot of it....and the brew would probably be harder to ingest and even harder to keep down.

Guess i will save it for changa then, i rather not make aya even more nauseating.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 1/20/2011 9:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading on the Aya.com forums a while back that a small handful of leaves added to an ayahuasca brew were beneficial, they deepened some of the visionary aspects of the brew and made the experience feel more 'whole' for someone at least, so it might be interesting to experiment with small amounts. I would definitely put a good amount side for caapi changa creation though.

SHroomtroll
#7 Posted : 1/24/2011 8:21:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a brew with about 50grams of white caapi and 20-30g of the leaves, i drank about 1/10 of it yesterday and got a really nice buzz,

It wasnt to bad to drink and the nausea was not worse than usual, i was surpised how strong effects i got from just drinking the caapi brew.

rOm
#8 Posted : 1/24/2011 2:50:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like there could be some interesting Experiments with the leaves..
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 1/31/2011 8:03:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My gf and her friend had a sesion with this, her friend got a bit nauseous but othervice they were fine, it was a mixed brew though, about 50g of white caapi 30g of leaves and 3grams of rue seeds.

chocobeastie
#10 Posted : 2/20/2011 9:42:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can get vine leaves and vine from the same vine, then some leaves added to the brew can be very beneficial!

Vine leaves by themselves just don't tend to carry the brew. There is no support there. You need vine for that, the thicker and older the better! Although, young 4-5 year old vine has its virtue too!

Dorge
#11 Posted : 2/20/2011 4:44:13 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Definitely try to hold onto it for Changa!
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Tropical
#12 Posted : 10/24/2011 3:35:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If one wanted to try it with a aya brew, about how many grams would one add (of leaves) to the brew? Would it be the same (dry weight) as stem?

jamie
#13 Posted : 10/24/2011 5:48:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Leaf is about as potent as vine IME. I always add a few big leaves to a brew..but just as an extra admixture I never try to make up for less vine with leaves or brew only leaves etc. I have drunk a tea with a few leaves though as a microdose and it seems as active as vine. I think leaves have no THH and only harmine though.

You would need 50-100g of leaves for a leag only brew I would think..and they are reported to add an extra emetic quality to the tea..I cant say if they do or dont. I add a bit of mapacho to my ayahuasca along with cats claw and chaliponga so I cant say which one makes it more of less emetic.

One hit of leaves from a bubbler will give me a very nice harmala buzz so they are definatily high enough in harmalas.
Long live the unwoke.

FranLover
#14 Posted : 6/10/2019 8:30:16 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

In my experience leaves are pretty much as potent as vine, but its good to have some vine just to make sure you get it right. But I've been floored by delicious Caapi teas from leaf, lying in bed feeling the buzz. And at one time one caapi tea of leaf before smoking changa, as well as a smoked joint of Caapi leaf, seemed to have been the catalyst to summon aya into the trip. It was the smoothest changa vision I've had.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

padawan
#15 Posted : 6/11/2019 10:49:49 AM

forever learning

Looks like a zombie thread from the dead, but while we're at it, I've been working with fresh caapi leaf a fair bit lately and I think it's waaaaay under-rated. I can't figure out why people relegate caapi leaf to changa - it's good for microdosing (just need to steep it in hot water with a squeeze of lemon) or as a proper aya RIMA in the right quantities. The leaf is super fast to grow/replenish and sustainable, and seems to be reasonably potent on younger plants too. I don't think it tastes as bad as the woody vine, IME.

My next project is psilohuasca using fresh pan cyans and fresh caapi leaf. I have a theory that this combo will be something special for several reasons (not just the potency but also the higher ratio of psilocin to psilocybin, and reduced/no nausea depending on how one treats the pans). Gotta be super careful though - pans reportedly containing serotonin.