We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How would you prepare for Ayahuasca ? ? ? ? Options

Annunaki2012
#1 Posted : 2/27/2008 2:44:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybody!

thank you very much for this great forum, I am glad to be here. After countless research in DMT and related topics I am finally going to visit a group of Shamans in Peru in about three weeks. After two weeks of Ayahuasca, I hope I can contribute some nice reports for you all. There will be up to 7 ceremonies... this is going to be a though one.

Since you are the Pro's, - I would have one question to the masters of this forum here. Since I am new to the DMT experience, I thought it might be good to find a "soft" entry before I go on my Peru Trip in March. Because of that, - about two month ago I have started to cultivate psilocybin mushrooms with a growing kit at my home and the little guys are just keep growing and growing!
It looks like I have a real "white thumb" for that, so far I have grown at least 400 grams of mushrooms, now dried down to about 40 gram dry and vacuum packed for the future.
As I have found out, 4 grams dry should be fine for a good trip, meaning I have about 10 doses now!

Now, my question is this: Would you try the mushrooms before the Peru Trip ?
What would be better in your opinion? Would you start soft with a couple mushroom trips in the next couple weeks, or would you wait for the Trip and run "full throttle" as a kind of virgin in the Ayahuasca ceremonies ???

I am tickeled to death to hear you opinion !!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

.. and by the way, anybody from South Carolina here, I would certainly share my shrooms ..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 2/27/2008 5:20:26 AM

The Enlightend One

If you have never tripped before then eat the shrooms first Iwould say four grams chopped up in a shot of lemon juice ir you want to experience ayahuasca similarities up the dose to around 8 or 9 grams Swims experienced several mushroom and acid trips before DMT now they seem like begginers tools so you might think the mushies are weak if you try aya first
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Fable
#3 Posted : 3/3/2008 4:54:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have eaten my fair share of mushrooms in the past and I must say, under the right circumstances they do rock and can be healing in their own right.
Annunaki2012 congrats on the trip to Peru, I have been wanting to do that for many years and with any luck I may get there before the end of this year. Anyway I am currently preparing myself for an Aya journey, which will be my second. As far as preparation goes, I found my first experience to be really rewarding as I put a lot of effort into the preparation. I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee for a month beforehand and made sure I was getting plenty of sleep and exercise and plenty of water. I reduced my meat intake to mostly fish and ate loads of fruit and vegetables. I knew what my intent for the journey would be, I didn't realise how quickly the Aya would address the problem and show me the solution.
I think one key element is "letting go" stop thinking or willing things to happen, just let yourself go into a dream like state and accept what is happening, and don't be afraid.
Anyway I think if you have been preparing yourself physically, mentally and spiritually for the upcoming journey then taking some mushrooms shouldn't interfere with the process. Personally I wouldn't take them within a week of leaving for Peru just to be safe.
All the best on an awesome journey.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Fable
#4 Posted : 3/3/2008 4:55:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have smoked some spice on the tail end of a mushroom journey and it was really nice.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Saidin
#5 Posted : 3/3/2008 7:05:15 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Where are you going, and Fable where did you go?

I've been contemplating an Aya Journey to Peru and would like some advice rather than picking something at random from Google Razz
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

MalargueZiggy
#6 Posted : 3/3/2008 9:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't say it is absolutely necessary that you take the shrooms before heading off to Peru, mainly because you will be in safe hands once you are there. Most important would be if you have a good time and place to do them, because I wouldn't recommend just trying to jam in an experience before you go. If you take the shrooms it will enable you to 'handle' some aspects of the psychedelic world a bit better, but for me this is important if there is 'danger' of paraonia etc (again for me usually brought on by surroundings eg urban.)

I'm very confident that a setting in Peru with the proper people around will only be excellent and so if it was me I'd take the full novelty of it all head on by making aya your first trip and save the shrooms for when you come back.

Si, for me, probably more important than taking the shrooms just would be to begin practising meditation if you don't already, begin auditing your life and considering your place in the world compared to others. Sounds like a bit of a cliche but IMO all psych drugs should work from a base we ourselves make. True for everything but again IMO this is very very true for aya.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Annunaki2012
#7 Posted : 3/4/2008 4:56:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MalargueZiggy wrote:
I wouldn't say it is absolutely necessary that you take the shrooms before heading off to Peru, mainly because you will be in safe hands once you are there. Most important would be if you have a good time and place to do them, because I wouldn't recommend just trying to jam in an experience before you go. If you take the shrooms it will enable you to 'handle' some aspects of the psychedelic world a bit better, but for me this is important if there is 'danger' of paraonia etc (again for me usually brought on by surroundings eg urban.)

I'm very confident that a setting in Peru with the proper people around will only be excellent and so if it was me I'd take the full novelty of it all head on by making aya your first trip and save the shrooms for when you come back.

Si, for me, probably more important than taking the shrooms just would be to begin practising meditation if you don't already, begin auditing your life and considering your place in the world compared to others. Sounds like a bit of a cliche but IMO all psych drugs should work from a base we ourselves make. True for everything but again IMO this is very very true for aya.

Hello !

Thanks for your opinion, I really value that! If you never did that before I am sure you can imagine that this is really important to me and get a second opinion from the veterans here!

I have decided not to take the mushrooms! It might sound funny, but I couldn't get the thought out of my head to "betray" the Ayahuasca with a kind of
unprofessional and non guided mushroom experience of my own. Since two weeks I started to meditate every day, read a lot more about spirituality and stuff like that.
On my diet I am down to bread, water and vegetables only now.

I will surrender unconditionally to Ayahuasca anyways, and I know "resistance is futile"

Thank you Fable for you comment too! I really appreciate it.

As far as information, here is the link of the group I am going:
Since this is organized from a British book author and a place that is specially prepared for that purpose, I think it couldn't get any better and I have heard from a third
source that the involved Shaman is very well known.
I will let you know how it was, however I have no doubt that it will be awesome. Communication and the organisation so far has been top notch.

http://www.shamanism.co....xperience/ayahuasca.html

Wish me luck in March !

Greetings to all and thanks again !

JulesDogg
#8 Posted : 3/18/2008 8:13:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

To the OP, IMHO it wouldn't be a bad idea to go into your ayahuasca journey with as clear a head as possible i.e leave the shrooms and be as clean and straight as you can. Just my opinion though man, go your own way and follow your heart.

lemmy
#9 Posted : 3/19/2008 3:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you decide to do some shrooms i sugest making a brew of about 5 dried grams,you can then drink 2 gramms worth and wait for an hour before deciding if you want to go further,and if so you could drink 1 grams worth every 20 mins untill you have the desired dose......after years of psylocibin abuse this is my prefered method,it mat be a bit of a s##tbag mentality but i often find that while attemting to drink 5 grams that 2 is enough.but if i where you i would wait till you get to peru and feel the full force of a spititual awakning(with guides).