We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD has little effect. Anyone else? Options

theAlkēmist
#1 Posted : 6/7/2019 12:02:18 PM

Alchemist

So the other week thought I’d have LSD and meditate. For me personally it doesn’t change my perception much more then already is. I remember being 18 and LSD absolutely blowing my mind. I journey regularly with Ayahuasca, in comparison LSD has little entheogenic value. Just curious if others feel similar?

Love
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 6/7/2019 12:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, the opposite even. Since i've discovered ayahuasca, LSD has become much more of a mindblowing experience for me.

theAlkēmist
#3 Posted : 6/7/2019 12:44:21 PM

Alchemist

dragonrider wrote:
No, the opposite even. Since i've discovered ayahuasca, LSD has become much more of a mindblowing experience for me.

Interesting
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

Ulim
#4 Posted : 6/7/2019 1:39:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

#5 Posted : 6/7/2019 2:56:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I agree with dragonrider, definitely has been my experience over the years, especially with the experience I'd had last year. Won't be repeating that any time soon. By far the most profound experience I've had up until that point in all my experiences with lsd over the years. I'd say given that particular experience I've gained a much stronger respect for where it can take you and what it's able to show. Things run deep.

GLTASN
#6 Posted : 6/7/2019 3:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been reading that benzos and some sort of tranquilizers can mute and kill a trip so if you have any of those in your system it could be muting it.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

Wolfnippletip
#7 Posted : 6/7/2019 3:41:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's lots of pharmaceuticals which will dampen an LSD trip. Benzos, opiates, anitpsychotics and other sedative hypnotics and CNS depressant type drugs. I tried several times to see what combo would just "take the edge off" of an LSD comeup. Everything I tried surely did that, but it always ended up being a waste of LSD. Maybe if I'd used less of the sedative I would have achieved the desired effect.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

theAlkēmist
#8 Posted : 6/7/2019 10:09:18 PM

Alchemist

I’m not taking any pharmaceuticals. I did however ingest 300mg of freebase harmalas beforehand. Maybe that is the culprit? I kept hearing that DMT frequency; the ringing. Visuals weren’t there and my headspace is slightly constantly in that psychedelic state, so there wasn’t a great deal of change there.

theAlkēmist
#9 Posted : 6/7/2019 10:11:32 PM

Alchemist

Ulim wrote:
Your tabs prolly have been toasted.

Lol

Wolfnippletip
#10 Posted : 6/7/2019 10:19:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas have funny ringing and "fluttering" effects on my ears. It's one way I know I did too much harmalas.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

#11 Posted : 6/7/2019 11:23:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

theAlkēmist wrote:
I’m not taking any pharmaceuticals. I did however ingest 300mg of freebase harmalas beforehand. Maybe that is the culprit?

I wouldn't think that'd be the reason, only because if you search through this forum there's been quite a few reports of members here experimenting with varying dosages of harmalas with varying dosages of lsd. Some cared for it, some didn't. Some were affected strongly in terms of potentiation, while some only noticed a slight difference in potentiation. The common denominator though overall was that the potentiation of the lsd experience in particular areas was a very real thing.

For me personally I've taken rue freebase on a handful of occasions with lsd - 150mg rue freebase/200ish ug lsd, 230mg rue freebase/200ish ug lsd, while the rest of the experiences were with much smaller dosages of harmalas, but on those two occasions of taking a good dose of rue harmalas with lsd for me it intensified the initial waves that would come over me from the lsd towards the beginning, with the visual state that eventually solidified having significantly more depth to the overall design, structure & movement, flow. The stimulation seemed to be intensified to a noticeable degree also. Also the tailend of the experience for me seemed to be lengthened by a few hours settling into a mellow feel after about 8ish hours. Both of the experiences with the above harmala dosages seemed to be pretty similar in how they potentiated the experience. The experiences did have an increased heaviness to them, ataxia definitely increased. Definitely wasn't getting up during the peak. Very happy

I remember reading from a few older members reports here that the harmalas seemed to change the overall visual realm of lsd to more of a visionary experience. This doesn't surpirse me though given harmalas at sufficient dosages can be incredibly visionary on their own without the need for any other plant or substance. Some felt that the experience was darker in certain aspects with the addition of harmalas.

Hopefully you can get things straightened out for yourself.

theAlkēmist
#12 Posted : 6/7/2019 11:31:26 PM

Alchemist

LSD isn’t a monoamine right? I also read some reports of harmalas dampening LSD on Erowid. Yes my ataxia was fairly profound lol. I guess I’ll just need to experiment more.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 6/7/2019 11:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LSD is a sensitive molecule, if your LSD was kept for long in less-than-ideal conditions, some may have degraded. For example UV light (or sunlight) will turn LSD into inactive lumi-LSD.

Goes without saying that testing it at least with ehrlich reagent to make sure you don't have an unwanted molecule passed off as LSD, is a good idea Smile

Personally, I've taken a lot of LSD in the past and had great experiences but it's been a long time since last LSD trip, and the last experiences further confirmed my thoughts that, for myself, I get more out of the other classic psychedelics in terms of personal growth, and also LSD makes sleeping very difficult after the experience, and I get some hangover the next day, unlike other classic psychedelics. It definitely does affect me if I take it in the right dosage, though, and I could have fun and a good experience if I wanted to Smile

pastanostra
#14 Posted : 6/8/2019 12:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is quite interesting toughs.

From my experience, LSD became more mind blowing, and experience became harder.
During last 2 years i had a few LSD trips, twice a year, sixth month spaced.

The first trip was as usual like 10y ago (could stay with friends, speak, kidding, visual) whereas on 100mic or 300mic.
Then after, i started to learn about myself, and trips became a lot different.
On 200 mics, i was flushed on this world and could not spoke to my friends and share moment with. I slept on the peak, can't move, intense visual and telepatic moments.
Next, on 200mics was the same kind of experience, but on a different setting (festival), during the peak, i couldn't speak to the friends and the high and visuals were intense.
I tried last time in nature with friend 50 mics of the same lsd source, and it was more intensive, this time with convulsion and extreme tension in my body during the peak. Friends have to put my legs down to the ground because they were full hard in tension (imagine a guys laying to the ground with his leg that wake and move and are hard as a tree log.

So i experiment more intense things on LSD even on lower dose.
In comparison, iused few changa trips that stayed more consitent in the time, and less perturbating for the others and me.
I don't know if it's an exacerbed sensivity for LSD but the experience could state that. My state was between this world and others worlds, if i can say, sort of shamanic transe wthout any possible control. Before i could "control" my lsd journey (walk in the street and ask something to ppl), today it's nearly not conceivable for me.